NY NY- Along the shore of Brooklyn Bridge Park, Bone fragments, 3rd this month, 31 August '24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1725216287293.png
By Larry Celona and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon Sep. 1, 2024,
''Bone fragments were discovered along the shore of Brooklyn Bridge Park on Saturday — the third time this month that possible human remains were found at the riverfront park.

The latest grisly find came shortly before 7 pm, when cops received a 911 call about bones in the rocks along the shore, an NYPD spokesman said Sunday.

The city medical examiner’s office was dispatched to the scene and is testing the bones, police said.

A human skull and other bones were found along the Brooklyn park’s shoreline twice earlier this month''.

Aug 21 '24
1725216684649.png
FILE — Jane's Carousel, left, is shown on the East River shoreline in Brooklyn, N.Y., Sept. 15, 2011, where New York City authorities are investigating after human bones were discovered twice this week near a waterfront carousel known for its spectacular views of the Brooklyn Bridge. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan, File)
''A city parks department officer found a skull and other bones on the shoreline in Brooklyn Bridge Park shortly before 9 a.m. Monday, police said. A femur was found in the same spot at about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.''

Last edited:
Yeesh, that's a super busy area. I'm not immediately inclined to believe there's a serial killer. Maybe storm season dredged up people's remains from the harbor? There was a nasty tropical storm at the tail end of last week and a hurricane earlier in August.

moo a lot of locals think this is tied to the missing men found in north brooklyn water over the last 2 summers. Not sure what I think yet. Being from the PNW this reminds me more of feet washed up on beaches than disposing of bodies

moo a lot of locals think this is tied to the missing men found in north brooklyn water over the last 2 summers. Not sure what I think yet. Being from the PNW this reminds me more of feet washed up on beaches than disposing of bodies
The feet thing tends to be because modern shoes are made with synthetic foam soles, so when the feet naturally disarticulate at the ankle, they float for long distances in currents and tides. It's because of the plastic that they go so far.

I think it's significant one of the things found is a skull. Skulls are heavy, and tend to roll along the bottom rather than float with the assistance of foam rubber like feet do.

I'm guessing this is more likely to be a homicide victim or a drowning/jumper suicide.

MOO

The feet thing tends to be because modern shoes are made with synthetic foam soles, so when the feet naturally disarticulate at the ankle, they float for long distances in currents and tides. It's because of the plastic that they go so far.

I think it's significant one of the things found is a skull. Skulls are heavy, and tend to roll along the bottom rather than float with the assistance of foam rubber like feet do.

I'm guessing this is more likely to be a homicide victim or a drowning/jumper suicide.

MOO

Hey, thanks for this!
Learned something, and now I will understand missing and floating feet!!!!!!

Yeesh, that's a super busy area. I'm not immediately inclined to believe there's a serial killer. Maybe storm season dredged up people's remains from the harbor? There was a nasty tropical storm at the tail end of last week and a hurricane earlier in August.
I agree. It is a popular area and it's nice, though at night I would think it's a different story. But, I'm thinking the bones washed up from elsewhere, not that a homicide happened in that spot. There are people there every day of the week and I think a body left in that location would attract attention because of smell.

jmo

I agree. It is a popular area and it's nice, though at night I would think it's a different story. But, I'm thinking the bones washed up from elsewhere, not that a homicide happened in that spot. There are people there every day of the week and I think a body left in that location would attract attention because of smell.

jmo

Yeah, this is more what I meant in my first comment. If a body was there from time of death until decomp to bone fragments, people would have noticed or seen them sooner. This is a heavily trafficked area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back