NY NY - Antonella Mattina, 12, Queens, 16 Jul 1984

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello everyone, I recently was told the story of Antonella Mattina by my dad. And the reason why I am writing this post is because my cousin was a prime suspect in the case. I don’t know what I can vs what I can’t post on this forum so I don’t want to continue any further. But if anyone has questions hopefully I can answer them.
Why don't you tell us who your cousin was and see where it goes from there. Be very cagey by saying enough things that let me know you might know what you are talking about.

Why don't you tell us who your cousin was and see where it goes from there. Be very cagey by saying enough things that let me know you might know what you are talking about.
Well, I know him as cousin Tommy. I don’t know much about him. He came to the United States from PR for college and lived with his aunt. His Aunt and Antonella’s mom were very close friends and because he lived with his Aunt, he was a suspect. I don’t want to mention other family member names for privacy reasons. Also my dad has not had contact with Tommy for a while due to other shady things of Tommy’s past. I’m sorry if my response doesn’t make sense.

Hello everyone, I recently was told the story of Antonella Mattina by my dad. And the reason why I am writing this post is because my cousin was a prime suspect in the case. I don’t know what I can vs what I can’t post on this forum so I don’t want to continue any further. But if anyone has questions hopefully I can answer them.
Well, I know him as cousin Tommy. I don’t know much about him. He came to the United States from PR for college and lived with his aunt. His Aunt and Antonella’s mom were very close friends and because he lived with his Aunt, he was a suspect. I don’t want to mention other family member names for privacy reasons. Also my dad has not had contact with Tommy for a while due to other shady things of Tommy’s past. I’m sorry if my response doesn’t make sense.
Never heard the name Tommy mentioned unless it popped up years later. What I do know is we spent a lot of time on some Heebie Jeebie BS. Trust me when I say we are our own worse enemies in a big investigation.

My dad is at work now so when he gets home I can ask more questions about the case. But he informed me that they tested fibers from Tommys red car and he was cleared. At the time Tommy was around 23 years old.

We never really had a great suspect in the case that presented themselves early on in the case. The was one young fellow who allegedly made a phone call to the Mattina house shortly after she was reported missing inquiring about Antonella. That fellow denied doing that. Partial phone records supported he did make the call while other records suggest he did not. Frankly, I never thought that young man was capable of doing this awful crime.

Just an FYI there is ALOT of activity happening on this case now. If anyone is still interested

Just an FYI there is ALOT of activity happening on this case now. If anyone is still interested
Anthony, I hope this finds you well. I am reaching out in regards to the case. If you would be so kind to respond privately, I would appreciate it.

We never really had a great suspect in the case that presented themselves early on in the case. The was one young fellow who allegedly made a phone call to the Mattina house shortly after she was reported missing inquiring about Antonella. That fellow denied doing that. Partial phone records supported he did make the call while other records suggest he did not. Frankly, I never thought that young man was capable of doing this awful crime.
Hawkshaw, I have read your posts and appreciate the respect you have shown towards my family, thank you. Please reach out to me privately to discuss further.

There is an Apple podcast, Unearthing A Serial Killer. Episode 1 is titled Antonella.

VERY WELL DONE. Sometimes it just wasn't meant to be. It reminded me of another case in the same precinct when a young boy went missing and presumed dead. A detective had the killer in the room questioning him for hours and got nowhere. A senior detective asked that detective if he could take a shot at it, and 5 minutes later came out with a full confession.

In Antonella's case the blood hounds brought us to the water's edge thru a swamp. Locations were charted. Months later a body is found in the very area that was searched after the seasons changed the body was easily seen.

Good book about Mengel, who likely killed Antonella, and considering his criminal versatility, had also definitely committed more violent crimes - probably including multiple rapes, and even murders.

81a0OePQOKL._SL1500_.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back