NY NY - Audrey Herron, 32, Catskill, 29 Aug 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A very small pond can hide a car. Cars have been lost for years in tiny retention ponds on farms. Moreover, a car down in the muck might be completely invisible even from an aerial view directly above.
I also thought maybe someone with the right equipment, could bury a vehicle on acreage.

Realistically, if someone is known to have driven off and never arrives at their destination and effectively disappears along with their vehicle, the most likely explanation is that they drove off the road to somewhere the vehicle was not found; usually a body of water. Abducting someone and taking their vehicle is problematic. Disappearing a vehicle is so much more difficult than disappearing a body and it serves little purpose. I can think of only one case where it happened ( the “lil’ miss” case in Wyoming). There was said to be a couple guys with ties to her workplace who had been bothering her and later one was arrested for rape. Worth checking out but so far nothing has come of it.

The problem with “car off the road” theory is that all likely or even possible routes between her workplace and home have been checked throughly and the car was not found. I suspect she did not go directly home and went somewhere else after getting off work. The Hudson River is nearby. There is no obvious reason for her not to have gone directly home; it was after 11:00PM, but there are any number of possible reasons.

Realistically, if someone is known to have driven off and never arrives at their destination and effectively disappears along with their vehicle, the most likely explanation is that they drove off the road to somewhere the vehicle was not found; usually a body of water. Abducting someone and taking their vehicle is problematic. Disappearing a vehicle is so much more difficult than disappearing a body and it serves little purpose. I can think of only one case where it happened ( the “lil’ miss” case in Wyoming). There was said to be a couple guys with ties to her workplace who had been bothering her and later one was arrested for rape. Worth checking out but so far nothing has come of it.

The problem with “car off the road” theory is that all likely or even possible routes between her workplace and home have been checked throughly and the car was not found. I suspect she did not go directly home and went somewhere else after getting off work. The Hudson River is nearby. There is no obvious reason for her not to have gone directly home; it was after 11:00PM, but there are any number of possible reasons.

It depends on the kind of crime that was committed and the motive, if the crime committed inside the car and their was blood evidence etc, they would have to get rid of it. or if someone knew of a chop shop, they could make a bit of money selling the car to them.

https://player.fm/series/the-vanished-podcast-1438018/audrey-herron

Audrey's case was recently discussed on the Vanished Podcast, several members of Audrey's family and social circle were interviewed including the detective on the case. Lots of possibilities...

- The Russian mob theory is one, this is based off the fact the golf course that both Audrey and her husband built their home was owned in part by a silent partner who was believed to be a Russian national with ties to organized crime.

- Then there's the guy who had a crush on Audrey at work and who was convicted of attempted kidnapping and rape, this man lived in walking distance from the hospital. Audrey's mother said that she didn't always lock her jeep and that the back didn't even lock.

It depends on the kind of crime that was committed and the motive, if the crime committed inside the car and their was blood evidence etc, they would have to get rid of it. or if someone knew of a chop shop, they could make a bit of money selling the car to them.

This. If the boyfriend had murdered her in the car and she fought back and it got bloody, cleaning that out of a car can be very hard. Since watching this on CrimeWatch daily, I've been shocked how little attention this case has gotten. I lean most likely to the boyfriend as that's always the first person statistically. My heart goes out to her parents. There's been other cases of cars being buried, that's entirely possible.

The husband's father said the car may have been shipped out in pieces, if I remember correctly.

Around 11 p.m. on August 29, 2002, Audrey May Herron left work in Catskill, New York. She was supposed to pick her daughter up from her mother’s house the next day, but she never arrived. Police would later learn Audrey, then 31, had never made it home from work. Neither Audrey nor her car, a 1994 black Jeep Grand Cherokee, have been seen since. Authorities suspect foul play in Audrey’s disappearance, but add they don’t have evidence to prove that Audrey is either alive or dead. If you have any information on Audrey’s whereabouts, please contact the New York State Police at (518) 622-8600.
upload_2021-2-11_4-7-42.jpeg
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

This case should have gotten way more attention all these years.

Thank You For All Your Caring And Kind Words, Means Alot To The Family!!!!
Strait, Yes Thank God It's Not Your Sister Because U Wouldn't Want To Live The Nitemare We Are Living, I Wouldn't Wish This On Anyone!!!
As For The Husband, You May Know Something We All Don't!! But As Of This Time With 4 Yrs Of Investigations, The Police Have Not Linked Him In Any Part Of This!!! So Until Evidence Proves Different, People Can't Go Accusing People Of Crimes, Especially Murder...
But When The Time Comes, The Guilty Party Whom Ever It May Be Will Be Prosicuted To The Fulliest!!!!
I'm Sorry If Some Of Us In Audrey's Family Still Hold A Light Of Hope
That For Some Odd Reason, Our Audrey Is Out There Waiting To Come Home To Her Children!!! And Will Keep Holding That Faith Until Proven Different!!!!!
Doc, I Agree With U Completely!!! And Like U Said About The Investigation And Over Looking Things I Believe That Is Very Very Possiable!!! Something Just Keeps Saying They Missed Something, They Passed Over That Small Part That Didn't Just Seem Important At The Time~~
Can't Tell U How Many Times We Have Stressed This Matter And To Go Back And Re Investigate, Re Interview, Maybe Some Fresh Minds In The Case Would Help!!!!
As For Phychic's We Have Tried Many, Many Of Them With Nothing Panning Out As Of Yet!!!! I Have Emailed Several New Ones That We Have Not Tried, With Hopes That One Will Open Their Hearts And Try To Help Us In This Matter!!! Will Keep Trying Till We Find The Right One Who Can Give Us More Info....
KT.... TY ALSO, AND YES U ARE RIGHT OF LACK OF MEDIA, HATE HOW THEY CAN PICK AND CHOOSE WHOM GETS NATION WIDE ATTENTION AND WHOM DOESN'T IT NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR AT ALL...
AND NOW I GUESS AUD'S CASE WILL SIT BACK ON THE SHELF COLD WITH MANY OTHER CASE'S TILL SOMETHING NEW FALLS INTO "SOMEONE'S" LAP...:( AND I CAN TELL U THAT DOES NOT SIT WELL WITH ANY OF US!!! MAKES ONE SICK TO THEIR STOMACH!!!
But Again, Thank You All For Your Caring Hearts!!!! Means The World To Us!!!
God Bless
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I am from the area and was only 14 when Audrey disappeared. As a crime junkie, I have taken interest in Audrey’s case now that I am an adult. A family member and myself have been reading a few details and have some questions just to add new perspective.

Audrey’s description shows she was wearing a turtle neck and I know some people questioned the necklace, but wearing a turtleneck in August seems a bit strange? Are we 100 percent sure the description given was correct?

Also, without dropping names but their latest tip where they dug up property on Cauterskill Road. One of his previous charges had said he abducted a girl and took her to a location on Green Lake in Athens. Green Lake Road is not far from Audrey’s commute home, has Green Lake area been checked?

Hi Michelle,

I am from the area and was only 14 when Audrey disappeared. As a crime junkie, I have taken interest in Audrey’s case now that I am an adult. A family member and myself have been reading a few details and have some questions just to add new perspective.

Audrey’s description shows she was wearing a turtle neck and I know some people questioned the necklace, but wearing a turtleneck in August seems a bit strange? Are we 100 percent sure the description given was correct?

Also, without dropping names but their latest tip where they dug up property on Cauterskill Road. One of his previous charges had said he abducted a girl and took her to a location on Green Lake in Athens. Green Lake Road is not far from Audrey’s commute home, has Green Lake area been checked?
Is this person in prison?

‎The Vanished Podcast: Audrey Herron on Apple Podcasts

Jan 7, 2020

“Episode Notes

On August 29, 2002, 31-year-old Audrey Herron finished up her shift at the healthcare facility where she worked in Catskill, NY around 11PM. She walked to her Jeep with some coworkers and said goodnight. The night was dark and rainy, however, Audrey had been making the same commute back and forth to work for years. According to her husband, Audrey never made it home that night and seemingly vanished into the night. Despite extensive searches, no trace of Audrey has ever been found. Over the years, many theories have surfaced as to what may have happened to Audrey on that rainy night more than 17 years ago.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Audrey Herron, you may call the New York State Police at 518-622-8600.

You can follow Audrey's case on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/192440030551/“

Last edited:

Audrey's case was just featured on the Unfound podcast. Her friend Marie Parker and her daughter Sonsia were both interviewed.

Something interesting that was discussed, was in addition to the video footage of Audrey's jeep leaving the nursing facility, there is apparently another video which showed a black SUV that appeared to be parked or stopped on the bridge on RT-32, near the JR Transmissions shop. Audrey's friend, Marie spoke to the owner of the Automotive business and he also confirmed it.

Perhaps this is why some agencies report that Audrey disappeared from Cairo, NY, the JR Transmissions shop is located in Cairo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535
Back