NY NY - Audrey Herron, 32, Catskill, 29 Aug 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi WasBlind,

I only have 2 pages.................it shows page 1 of 2 and then 2 of 2. There is no 3rd page for me.

I'm not a total ding dong....................

This was where I meant there were 6 pages, turbo, my explanation was not very clear. I don't think you're a ding dong, turbo!

http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

This forums main (I did not mean Aud's) page now has 5 pages of missing persons, as DP just merged some of the threads, thanks DP.

Blessings to all, Lanie
Help For The Missing

I've gotten it all squared out now.............

My main missing page was only showing 2 pages. I wasn't able to pull up any thread that hadn't been posted on in xx amount of days.........

I switched it under the users options...........

Thanks for your help Lanie.

Hello All,

It seems I always have trouble keeping up with boards as I have Aud on so many that when I try to post I have forgotten my log in info!

I wanted t check in & let you all know that there have been new searches performed of the area for Aud...still nothing.
We have been working on many projects & events to keep Aud's story out there...

We finally got Aud on the Racing for the Missing! Thanks to a wonderful heart, Erin Bruno & Darrell Lamoure.

We will be doing another Benefit Motorcycle Run & we have a few other projects in the works as well.

Lanie, I got your mail about Carol...I just have been swamped with things & as you know it takes a bit of time to get the links on & postings correct. I will get to it & thank you for drpping me the info. Hope all is well.

Please everyone, if able to take a few moments to visit Aud's site to view the latest news updates & please sign her guestbook. Also please take time to visit her other sites thru the links provided...one happens to be her daughter, Sonsia's website.

Mindy- I am here still checking in- just not always of free time to post.

We hope those close enough to the area will be able to join us this year for riding for Audrey...

Prayers & thanks,

Searching for Audrey...Marie

http://audreymayherron.expage.com

Audrey is now on Project Jason's adopt program.

Please consider adopting Audrey, and thanks.

Go here, http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html
for more information about this wonderful FREE program.

Prayers for Audrey, and all who love and miss her.
Much love to all, Lanie

Bumping for Audrey--

I did not know Audrey personally, and I mostly only lurk and read here at WS's, but I started thinking about Audrey for some reason today so I thought I would bump her post. Audrey's case stays with me and I just wish that her family and her friends could have some resolution.

I found this case to be interesting. Audrey May Herron, mother of 3, simply vanished along with her car on her way home from work. Back in October someone signed the message board of the site her family made for her saying she was ok and living in Miami. Due to privacy issues the internet provider will not supply the exact location of the IP address of the author. Could be a hoax but you never know.
The message is on this site:
http://audreymayherron.expage.com/
More info is on this one:
http://www.findaudrey.org/

-Linda

Thanks. That was my 1st post...I didn't realize that there was already a thread. Thanks for combining :)
-Linda

No problem Hollywood! There were several threads for Audrey that have been combined.

Glad you are posting! I am looking forward to hearing from you again!!! :D

HollywoodBound said:
I found this case to be interesting. Audrey May Herron, mother of 3, simply vanished along with her car on her way home from work. Back in October someone signed the message board of the site her family made for her saying she was ok and living in Miami. Due to privacy issues the internet provider will not supply the exact location of the IP address of the author. Could be a hoax but you never know.
The message is on this site:
http://audreymayherron.expage.com/
More info is on this one:
http://www.findaudrey.org/

-Linda
Hello & thanks to everone who still keeps interest in Aud's case. I have been without a PC since last year & recently got hold of a used one to try and keep up with updates for Audrey & to continue networking her case.
I have been trying to post on all boards that we originally posted Audrey's case to let everyone know the latest news, especially the recent activity on her case in Canada.
We believe it to be a hoaxe/someone just playing around...The LE both here & in Canada are handling it as they do every other lead that comes in & have narrowed it down to the Burlington/Ontario area & are trying to get the subscribers name but due to privacy & certain law issues, it has been a long process. We were fortunate in that, the Canadian press released several articles & photos of Audrey in the past weeks. We are hoping it will generate new more viable leads.
All articles & video clips on this recent lead can be found posted on Audrey's front page of the website: http://audreymayherron.expage.com
Please visit & post any comments, thoughts & prayers to her guestbook while visiting.
Thank you & hopefully we will be able to keep all of Audrey's boards updated.

SPECIAL TO THE HAMILTON SPECTATOR / March 4, 2005

Audrey May Herron, with her husband Jeff, in happier times.; Photo: The whereabouts of Audrey May Herron remain a mystery to New York State investigators. Audrey May Herron's picture has appeared on billboards, shopping carts and national television shows including Montel Williams and Court television. Her friends organized searches and rallies, consulted psychics and private investigators, raised a $20,000 US reward and posted her picture widely in an effort to find out what became of the 32-year-old nurse and young mother of three. New York State police have chased down more than 1,000 leads and covered every foot of the highway from the nursing home where she was last seen in Catskill, N.Y., on Aug. 29, 2002, to her home in Freehold about 18 kilometres away. They used divers, tracking dogs and helicopters as they scoured the rugged terrain between the nursing home and her residence. Despite the massive exposure, there hasn't been a single confirmed sighting of the missing woman or the 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee she was driving when she left the facility at about 11:30 p.m. that evening. Her friends and family have now pretty much exhausted all their investigative avenues and hope of ever finding her alive. Herron had just finished the evening shift at the Columbia-Green Long Term Care facility and had phoned her husband, Jeff, earlier in the evening to say she'd just gotten a raise. She seemed anxious to be back home with him and their two young children. (Her oldest child was in Florida). According to Jeff, who underwent a lie detector test, she never returned home and he has no idea what became of his wife. Her friends and family, who've had their hopes dashed hundreds of times before, aren't putting a lot of hope in the rash of recent reports that she may be in the Halton/Hamilton area. Since her picture appeared in The Spectator on Wednesday, more than a dozen people have phoned Halton Detective Andy Forde to say they've seen somebody who looked like her. He hasn't been able to confirm any of the leads, however. New York State investigators started turning their attention north of the border last October when somebody posted a message on the Internet claiming to be Audrey May Herron and living in Miami. The writer assured her family she was well and would return home. But she warned not to look for her because she'd simply move again. But when investigators traced the missive, they discovered it had been routed through Cogeco's Burlington-based e-mail system. If the sender was indeed Audrey Herron, it appeared she had jettisoned her husband and children and started a new life in Canada. But how good was the lead? Was it just another hoax or red herring by some Internet mischief maker? There had been bogus leads before. The missing woman's best friend, Marie Parker, said she would have been excited if the Canadian angle had come up a year ago. But after two and a half years, she's given up hope of ever finding her friend alive. She believes Herron was smart and resourceful enough to engineer her own disappearance. But she never would have left without her children who were "her whole world." At the time she disappeared, her youngest children were two and four years old and her other daughter -- from another relationship -- was 11. Her credit cards were never used, her Jeep was never seen and her last cheque remained uncashed after Aug. 29, 2002. To survive on the lam, she would have had to create a new identity and find another source of income. This would have been hard to do in a foreign country. "I don't believe Audrey made it past Friday evening (the night she disappeared)," Parker remarked. Since Herron's disappearance, Parker has dreamed up all kinds of innovative ways to keep the story alive in the media. She contacted prominent television personalities like Montel Williams and psychic sidekick Sylvia Brown and posted her picture on billboards and shopping carts. She also organized a 145-kilometre motorcycle run in her friend's honour. Ray Turk, 62, of Ravena, N.Y., is also skeptical about the latest lead and has little hope of ever seeing his daughter again. He also believes his daughter died shortly after she left the nursing home on Aug. 29, 2002, and has strong suspicions about what happened to her. "I gave up a lot of hope. It's not good what I'm thinking," he said. He said he first heard his daughter was missing when he received a telephone call from his son-in-law Jeff Herron at about 9:30 a.m., Aug. 30. Turk's wife then called police and alerted them for the first time about Audrey's disappearance. Turk is angry that he wasted valuable time by not notifying them right away on that Friday evening. Turk adds that he was among hundreds of foot searchers who meticulously scoured the road from the nursing home to the new house that his daughter and Jeff had just built on Jeff's father's golf course and resort in Freehold. But they didn't find a single shard of glass, skid mark or flake of paint to indicate she'd been in an accident. Shortly after he got the call from Jeff, Turk said he was shocked to find his daughter's purse, credit cards and cigarettes in the new house. New York State police in Catskill have never described Jeff as a suspect. But in early media reports, they suggested he wasn't entirely co-operative with investigators. He had agreed to undergo a polygraph examination which left some questions unanswered. When they asked to do a second test, however, he refused and retained a lawyer. In initial reports, Catskill detectives also said they were treating the case as a "homicide." Investigator Bill Fitzmaurice told The Spectator yesterday that the term "homicide" was used to show they were pulling out all stops to find out what happened to Audrey and haven't entirely ruled out an accident or that she left on her own. Asked about suspects, he replied: "No one in the case has been ruled out 100 per cent." But he played down earlier reports that Jeff had been reluctant to speak to police and was referring police inquiries to his attorney. "He's retained an attorney (on the advice of his family). It's not that he's not talking. It's not like he's shut the door," he pointed out. Fitzmaurice said investigators appealed to Halton police for help this week after Cogeco refused to tell them who had posted the message on the Internet. He said they considered getting a search warrant to obtain the information but the procedure was mired in international "red tape." The New York State police would have had to apply through diplomatic channels to appear before a judge in Canada to obtain a search warrant for the Cogeco records, which are protected under privacy legislation.

stillsearching4aud said:
SPECIAL TO THE HAMILTON SPECTATOR / March 4, 2005

He said he first heard his daughter was missing when he received a telephone call from his son-in-law Jeff Herron at about 9:30 a.m., Aug. 30. Turk's wife then called police and alerted them for the first time about Audrey's disappearance. Turk is angry that he wasted valuable time by not notifying them right away on that Friday evening. Turk adds that he was among hundreds of foot searchers who meticulously scoured the road from the nursing home to the new house that his daughter and Jeff had just built on Jeff's father's golf course and resort in Freehold. But they didn't find a single shard of glass, skid mark or flake of paint to indicate she'd been in an accident. Shortly after he got the call from Jeff, Turk said he was shocked to find his daughter's purse, credit cards and cigarettes in the new house.

I have never heard her purse and credit cards were found in the house.........how very interesting.

I've always wondered if LE ever really scoured the golf course as I find it REALLY hard to believe a car can just disappear. I know people can (somewhat) but I don't believe Audrey chose to leave on her on.

Why is LE not looking closer at the husband? What did he have to say regarding her personal items being at home?

Wow, I didn't know her purse was at home. I don't think she would have gone to work without her purse, at least that is not common. That sure opens up the floor to question the husband. I wonder if her father thinks the husband had something to do with it. Has the husband remarried? Girlfriend? Does he still have the kids? Audrey has struck a cord with me ever since I read she was a Girl Scout leader. I am too, and I am sure she wouldn't have left her children.

turbosleuthing said:
I have never heard her purse and credit cards were found in the house.........how very interesting. Yes, her purse, cc's & her cigarettes were at home according to Audrey's father & LE.

I've always wondered if LE ever really scoured the golf course as I find it REALLY hard to believe a car can just disappear. I know people can (somewhat) but I don't believe Audrey chose to leave on her on. LE did do a search of the golf course & some forensics were done in their home according to a statement made by Jeff to the Times Union back in March of 2003
--Contacted at home later in the day, Herron said he doesn't know why police would say he's uncooperative.

``I've cooperated with them fully,'' he said. If police have more questions, ``they know where I am.''

``I already took a polygraph,'' he said. Police have taken ``more extreme measures with a forensic team going all through the house and outside.'' His property was searched three times, he said.

``They have used every means they have at their disposal to rule me out, that's what it seems to me,'' said Herron, who works at a golf course owned by his parents.

When told police can't question him without talking to his lawyer, Herron said, ``that must be an understanding they have from my lawyer. That would make sense why they don't bring anything up then.'' Full article can be read here: http://findaudrey.org/textfiles/TU_03-19-03.htm

Why is LE not looking closer at the husband? What did he have to say regarding her personal items being at home?
As far as what Jeff has said or not said to LE, that remains a mystery as does his actions since her disappearance. Although he attended vigils held for Audrey, he has done nothing further to give any impression to others that he cares. This is just common opinion & I believe much of why the rumors & speculation surround him. There have been many things said about him & much of it is not good but I cannot blame anyone for their opinions. It is like watching people give their opinion about Scott Peterson...They are entitled.
I do not speak to Jeff anymore. I can't. I just cannot comprehend his actions & his words to me in conversation throughout & on the 1st anniversary of her disappearance that "what we are doing to find her is a waste of time & that they do not even hang flyers at the golf course" was enough for me. Although I remain with the opinion that Jeff could not possibly do something to her in my heart, his actions speak otherwise to my head. There are just certain things that do not make any sense. WHY? Why would you not search for her? The mother of your children & the wife you loved? That in itself has spoke volumes to everyone who knew her & her family has been ripped apart. I can't help but think that if his actions were more to find her at any cost, that the investigation would have gone in a different direction. In any missing wife/husband case the spouse is always the first suspect...if Jeff had not lawyered up & had been more attentive in the efforts to raise a reward & speak out to others then the community, family & friends would have been more likely to see things differently.
I doubt highly that the opinon of Audrey's father will ever be anything other than suspect of him & his family because he waited so long to call him the morning after. Audrey's mother remains friendly with Jeff.
The whole situation is just so very tragic. Unanswered questions & disbelief that Audrey is still missing plagues us all every day. All we can do is just try to keep her story out there in hopes someone will come forward or that a national media program will pick it up & breathe life back into this case.
We all continue to search for ways to do that but as time passes it is like hitting a brick wall:banghead: .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet
Back