NY NY - Audrey Herron, 32, Catskill, 29 Aug 2002

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will go sign the guestbook. I did try last night when I first got onto this post, but it took a very long time to load so I didn't. That is why I didn't post last night, but I will today :)

Marie, stay healthy mentally and physically for yourself and your family. Your efforts to bring your friend home make a difference and you know that if any one of us who check this thread daily now can help in any way, whether it be stuff envelopes, write letters, post flyers, WE WILL! I can't speak for everyone here, but from what I've seen from this group they not only care, they are compassionate and care. Just please let us know.

Please enjoy your holidays with your family - I'm sure that is what your dear friend would want, but maybe light a special candle for her.

I remember that for a time in Maryland, the police were reporting that Jeeps were one of the most frequent vehicles stolen. While some may have been a target for teenagers out for a joyride, I think most were taken to chop shops to be used for parts. I hope I'm wrong, I just think that there may not be much use in continuing to look for the jeep. If it was stolen, and it would not surprise me if it was the focal point for the abduction/theft, it is in pieces and a long way from home.

Do the local police have anything to say about the thefts of jeeps? I knew someone who had an 18 wheeler stolen in Maryland and the police told him that it was probably in pieces in New Mexico. Sometimes they have an idea of where the stolen vehicles are being taken to.

Marie, I have visited the websites but not signed the guest books. I will go back and sign. Please realize that you are doing everything humanly possible and that Audrey would thank you for that. Take care of yourself and go a little bit easier on yourself! Try to enjoy the holidays with your family.

Malini

Originally posted by MissMisty
I just sent an e-mail to Governor Pataki.
Misty

Mine is sent too, here is the message you get after sending an email: "Thank you for sending your thoughts and concerns to Governor Pataki. Your email has been received and will be forwarded to the appropriate staff for review."

Let's try and push for a new look into Audrey's case. Please everyone, write to the Governor so he knows many, many request his involvement in whatever way possible. I also included our site info here, maybe we can get someone from his staff or LE to post or even read here.

http://www.state.ny.us/governor/

Click on "Contact the Governor", on the left side of the home page.

Good job, Mindys! I think the least we can do is to take 2 minutes to do this. God forbid one of us be in those shoes someday. I would sure want to know that people cared enough to do something.
Misty

You girls are great & guys...

Thank you. I am hoping to have the e-mail campaign up within a few days to Audrey's site.

Thank you to those of you also who have gone to Audrey's Guestbook & Message Board. I was beginning to think it was not accessible for others...we made a few adjustments & removed some of the things that we thought were slowing down the loading of the page as well in hopes that will help.

There is alot of pages to audrey's site so I hope that each time you visit you will navigate through it until you have seen everything. We try to assist in the search for others who are missing as well. Please take the time to visit them.
From experience i can tell you it is very hard to keep information out there...

I know that you all have been a great help to me & will continue to be.

The holidays will be hard but as you all have stated.
My candle is forever lit for Audrey...I will be surrounded by my family & friends...& I will certainly take comfort in knowing that my friends here are are supporting us as well. Thank you for that. I hope you & yours too, will have a wonderful holiday.
Hopefully we will be posting a Christmas remembrance for Audrey as well. Will update when.

God Bless.

Searching for Audrey...Marie

I emailed the governor's office as well. It would be helpful to know any specific things it would be helpful to ask for in the email, or things to note that might help strike a cord. Being specific about actions we would like to see done could have more impact.

Maybe we could post a list of people to email.

Tuppence,

I would have to say the most important factor to ask about in your letter is the re-interviewing of people that worked at the hospital. We are finding out that not all of the staff was interviewed. That in itself disturbs me.

We are also wondering how to get a further search done in the surrounding bodies of water. We feel as though they were not searched thouroughly. The Hudson River deposits into the Ocean...who knows what we may have missed.

The fact that there is no Adult Amber Alert here in New York is another factor.

There are no State Funded programs to help facilitate any help to the family of a missing person either such as help with rewards or fliers & or media coverage. We lost a lot of time in trying to raise money just to post a small reward...

The list could go on & on I am afraid...There are currently over 4,000 missing in New York, that we know of...

Any thoughts?

Marie, do you have any idea whose name the jeep was in. Was Audrey's name on the title?

Also hon, about the guestbook, are people going to the link on your page that says "Contact Us" and sending something on the ad for "Quick Mailer" on the right?? Maybe that is where her messages are going. If you could, put a direct link on that page for the guestbook, right under where it asks to sign the guestbook at the top of the page.

Mindy,

Thanks hon, I looked & no, I don't believe that to be the case because we get everything that comes through there.
We are working on the site & have been all weekend putting updates & such & removing everything that may slow the page down when loading because some people are encountering long load times. That may make the impatient one just not wait...I hope you all have time to review it as there are new things added such as a new beautiful poem for Audrey & a new banner that can be used as a link if anyone has their own website. I also added a link to this discussion board & a few others that have kept Audrey's story alive & shown their support on our links page.

As for the jeep, It is registered in Jeff's name I do believe. I feel as though the jeep is a major key in getting a break if we can ever locate it.

With all the missing out there, I have created a new webpage as well to help people list them & I hope that it helps. I am hoping to have it linked to Audrey's site soon. I posted a new thread about it & hope that you all will let me know what you think. I am coming to value all of your opinions...Thanks!

JUSTICE FOR AUDREY, too.

FIND AUDREY!

AUDREY HERRON DID NOT GO MISSING BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO!

HELP AUDREY!

Mindy- you forver bring hope in my heart with your words of support! Thank you...

Jeff works as a maintenance/groundskeeper at the family owned golf course.

ThunderHart Golf Course, located in Freehold, NY.

Hello All,

Just checking in...

Wanted to let everyone know that your Christmas prayers & wishes for Audrey's family & friends are needed!

There have been changes made to the site with a revised version of a very famous Christmas tale written by Audrey's brother's wife Michelle & a new poem submitted by another good friend of Audrey's & mine, Corrina as well.

Please the Upcoming & Recent events page for more details & be sure & visit & sign each of Audrey's guestboards for the family. This will be the second Christmas without Audrey...

We are still hard at work searching. No new news at all. Hoping soon they will get a break.

Thank you all for your prayers, support & all the input. It has sincerely helped.

May you all have a safe, healthy & happy holiday & rejoice with the ones you love. It is time well spent.

audban1.jpg

Hello All & Happy New Year,

I am very much impressed with the new message board, great job.
I have been taking a break from things- needed to step away for my own heart. Hope you all understand.

I am back & hopefully I can count on you all to help with our latest project:

Getting Audrey Media Attention...

If you can, please take a minute or two to write to CNN about Audrey. Ask them to please help us put her face out there nationally. We need to get the attention of the media. We have tried in the past to do this & we did get Audrey to Montel by doing so. Let's try & reach further. For now, CNN seems to be a good lead to go after. So please, write them. It can't hurt & it may just help if there are enough e-mails with Audrey's story.

CONTACT CNN FOR AUDREY

Feel free to send e-mail's about other missing loved ones as well.

Thanks to all who took the time to visit Audrey's guestbook to send holiday wishes to her family.

:innocent:

A body of a woman was found yesterday in a 55 gallon drum at a construction site in Albany,NY(I live near there). They said she was badly decomposed had on a bracelet and what appeared to be a wedding ring. One of the names that has come up is Audrey's as well as Suzanne Lyle ,also missing from this area and who has a thread on this board. She was not married however. They are autopsying today. I will update if there is any news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back