NY NY - Audrey Nerenberg, 18, Brooklyn, 15 July 1977

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Today, July 5, 2007, marks the thirtieth anniversary of Audrey's disappearance. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Audrey Lyn Nerenberg, please contact the New York City Police Department at 646-610-6914 or your local police station (you can remain annonymous).

I just wanted to post and see if anyone knows whether or not this unidentified woman has been ruled out as Audrey Nerenberg? I expect she was probably checked some time ago since its the same state but I can't find it anywhere.
She was found in 1983 in upstate NY and is about the right height, age, brown hair and has a gap between her top front teeth.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/697ufny.html

I'll guess it could be Hot Case #1224:

"2 upper front teeth overlap, missing 4 wisdom teeth"

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1273.html

I made this connection looking at where Rodney Alcala might have been, then looking at the Doe Network for missing people and unidentified in these areas and time periods.

If this is the same person, it would mean that she travelled with Alcala?

I also thought maybe she could be Huntington Beach #224/39, but I also think that Huntington Beach #224/39 could be Denise Marie Sheehy.

The last picture below shows a possible gap in front teeth.

ANerenburg.jpg

http://www.ci.huntington-beach.ca.us/government/departments/pd/crime_info/rodney/0027.JPG

http://www.ci.huntington-beach.ca.us/government/departments/pd/crime_info/rodney/0039.JPG

phpIEzHrDPM.jpg

This month marks the 35 year anniversary of the disappearance of Audrey Lyn Nerenberg.

I dont know. Ihe ice cream parlor owner she accused of rape seems like he might know where Audrey is in my opinion. He claims it was consensual, but what kind of man have sexual relations with a mentally ill young girl who had the mental capacity of a 14yr old child?? Hopefully this man is/was being questioned and followed regarding her as frequently as allowed. The fact that he left his business and moved away 3mths after she went missing screams suspicious.

This story is so sad! Here is a link to hebephrenic (disorganized) schizophrenia:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...-schizophrenia/basics/definition/con-20029138

I wonder if she happened to be having an episode at some point in her journey to or from the cigarette store, and a predator just happened to be there and decided to take advantage of the situation.

And yes, they absolutely need to look into that ice cream shop owner who molested Audrey. It could have been he was waiting and watching for the right time (she's having an episode) to get revenge.

With the Sweetwater Jane Doe being identified recently, I was looking back at missing women with the Rodney Alcala timeline in mind. Just like BenFranklin, Audrey's story popped out as being a potential Alcala victim, although I can't tell which images he was referencing since the links are dead.

Audrey Nerenberg was last see on July 5, 1977 in Brooklyn, NY, a little over a week before confirmed Alcala victim, Ellen Jane Hover, went missing on July 16 in NYC. More details have emerged regarding the summer trip Alcala took in 1977. Recent articles state that Alcala left California on July 2. It's plausible that he could have arrived in NYC by the 5th.

The second photo in the compilation that zeropointmodule posted stood out to me but I can't help feel like the background corresponds more to California.

She looks kinda like that Jane Doe thry found in the Atlantic Highlands, in NJ.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...buried-near-Kingsboro-Psychiatric-Cntr-Aug-17

This is very interesting.. Alka posted it on the thread above.. Bones found near the Kingsboro Psychiatic Center.. which is the place she used to go to.. and I too find the Ice Cream Parlor guy suspicious.. especially since he moved 3 moths later.. I wonder where he moved to and if any women went missing there also.. that would be interesting to know..

This is sooo weird. Folieadeuxnola I just saw your like on my old post........ I was JUST thinking about Audrey Last night looking at the Irondeqoit Doe.

here is a map of where she lived on Ryder street and went missing. I never realized just how close she was to Floyd Bennett Field and Jamaica Bay
Google Maps

I really wish there was more info in nyc on unidentified bodies that showed up in the 1970's and 80's

She went missing July 5th the day after the holiday weekend and also then literally one week later was the Black out of 1977 when pretty much the entire city went Black for like 2 days.. The city went nuts during and then the aftermath.. AND The Son Of Sam his last shooting also was at the end of July AND there was a major heatwave of temps up to 100...I wonder if the ball was dropped on Audrey somewhere because of all of this??

NYC 1977: 07/01/1977 - 08/01/1977

Last edited:
I came across this UID tonight and thought of Audrey. this Girl has a Gap on her front teeth

Missing Adult
Name: Unidentified Unknown
Age Missing: 27 years
Sex: Female Race: White
Hair: Brown Eyes:
Height: 5'05" Weight: 125

Additional Image
for
Unidentified Unknown

Additional Image
for
Unidentified Unknown

NARRATIVE: On December 23, 1975, an unidentified female was found in the 2400 block of 154th Avenue in Davie, Broward County, Florida. She is believed to be between the ages of 18-35. She has a gap between her two front top and bottom teeth. She was wearing a green flower-printed blouse, blue flared pants, and blue platform shoes. She was also wearing a white puka necklace, made from bits of shells, and a silver ring with a blue stone in the center surrounded by three white gems. The photo displayed is an artist's composite. For further information please contact the Davie Police Department or the Broward Medical Examiner's Office at 954-357-5200.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves
Back