NY - Boyfriend sets girlfriend's parents' home on fire with her inside - Sep. 5, 2024,

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score
[bbm] 'smoke eaters' ... I assume that's supposed to say 'fire fighters'

Neighbor Elise Campanella said one of the residents knocked on her door, warning her of the “insane” fire before smoke eaters arrived.

yeah I had to google it, I guess it's a really old-school term for firefighters that the NY Post is known for clinging onto

During the argument, he went upstairs and then came back down before warning her that she should call the fire department, sources say.

Police were fully aware of a problem Monday night at the residence because they had gotten complaints. It appears this had been an ongoing problem that got out of control.

"We were here two times earlier, once for a noise complaint at about midnight, that noise was abated, and then we got a call about 10 minutes before the fire that there was an out-of-control male at the residence, officers then got a call a fire had broken out, seemed to be out of control, officers responded, by the time they got here, the house was fully engulfed," said South Brunswick Police Department Det. Sgt. Tim Hoover.

Jones has had previous disturbances, but this time he has been charged with aggravated arson.

South Brunswick Police Chief Raymond Hayducka announced the arrest of Leonard Jones IV age 50 of South Brunswick for aggravated arson.

Strange choice of words along with “gal pal”. Almost gives me a feeeling like they’re making light of it all. JMO
same publication also referred to someone getting a cranial injury from a set malfunction at a charity event as "getting conked" so I guess it's just a weird tone issue the entire paper has.

also: cripes, yeah, as stated upthread I'm actually really surprised it was a 50-year-old man doing this. I don't know why but it feels like a very immature and brash sort of crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back