Identified! NY - Brooklyn, dismembered woman found in shopping cart on street, Mar'22 - Susan Leyden *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She did about 21 yrs for the shooting murder of her live-in GF in 1963. Paroled in May 1984.

<snip> Then, on November 2, 1985, Marcelin fatally stabbed another girlfriend, also in Manhattan.

Her body was found in a bag near Central Park, and Marcelin was convicted of manslaughter and later released on lifetime parole in August 2019.

Human head found in shopping cart torso suspect's home in Brooklyn, police say

That should have been the end of her ever being released again. Her elderly age should not have mattered after her quick second murder of another female.

She was charged with second degree murder today, and the concealment of a human corpse after a human head was found in her apartment.
I agree. I don't care how old she is. She killed TWICE already. Why would they think she wouldn't do it again?

Not at all the weirdest feature of this case is the fact that a trans woman seems to have kept the name Harvey.

Name changes aren’t free. With an attorney, it is in the appx 1-2k range. Without an attorney, several hundred in filing fees. A senior citizen who’s spent time in prison may not be tech-savvy enough to DIY. JMO.

Probably the press deadnaming her.

You are almost certainly correct.
Name changes aren’t free. With an attorney, it is in the appx 1-2k range. Without an attorney, several hundred in filing fees. A senior citizen who’s spent time in prison may not be tech-savvy enough to DIY. JMO.

It depends where you live. My oldest is in the process and it has cost very little, no attorney or court appearance necessary. Maybe $100. A homeless ex-con would not have the wherewithal I am sure.

Update article now with names and photos, more story at link

Transsexual on parole for killing two, is arrested and charged for the murder of a third | Daily Mail Online

• Harvey Marcelin, 83, who killed two women in 1963 and 1983, was arrested in connection to the murder of a 68-year-old woman in Brooklyn last week
  • Marcelin was charged with concealing a body believed to belong to Susan Leyden, an acquaintance who was last seen at Marcelin's apartment
  • A search of Marcelin's home turned up a human head days after a headless torso and leg turned up in the streets near the Cypress Hills apartment
What was he doing out of prison? He'd already murdered again approx 20 years after first murder. Good grief.

NYPD: 83-year-old convicted killer had latest victim's leg in her wheelchair

According to this video in the article

1957 Assault
1962 Booking
1963 Rape
1963 Homicide
1985 Homicide

I think Harvey needs a timeline. I wonder if there are more women in NYC that he killed that have not been found, identified and or connected to him. He was walking free until 1963. Then back out in 1984 then back in I believe in 1986 and then back out in 2019.

When I heard about Harvey I thought of the dismembered skeleton with no skull in the boiler in Harlem. The skeleton was found in 1989 but had been there for years. Just thought I would add.

NY - NY - NY, UnsFem 18-25, UP15099, dismembered skeleton in boiler, no skull, Jul'89

Last edited:
83-Year-Old Convicted Killer Arrested in Case of Woman's Torso Found on NYC Street

According to prison records cited by the New York Post, Marcelin has twice been convicted of killings before. Marcelin spent more than 50 years in state prison on murder and manslaughter convictions dating back to 1963.

Marcelin’s previous convictions were for killing live-in girlfriends, according to court documents.

The murder charge stemmed from a woman's shooting death. A jury found Marcelin guilty of murder in 1963 for fatally shooting Jacqueline Bonds inside a Manhattan apartment.

At the time, Marcelin was also facing an attempted rape charge involving another woman, according to court records.

The judge gave Marcelin life in prison after jurors were unable to agree on whether the crime justified a death penalty.

Marcelin was released on lifetime parole in May 1984, the Post reported, and cuffed again for allegedly stabbing another another girlfriend less than a year later and leaving her body in a trash bag in the street near Central Park.

Marcelin was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to six to 12 years in prison.

State officials were reluctant to grant parole when Marcelin became eligible in the 1990s. During one State Parole Board hearing in 1997, Marcelin admitted to having “problems” with women, according to court records. Other boards rejected parole citing Marcelin’s “attempt to place the blame” on the victims.

Marcelin was released from prison in late 2019 on parole.

Last edited:
What was he doing out of prison? He'd already murdered again approx 20 years after first murder. Good grief.

I know it’s insane.. I guess when “whoever” had the bright idea to release him in 2019.. They did not think an 81 yr old would be going around murdering and dismembering again…. :eek:Wrong!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 #nyc #crime #police
Dan Krauth has more on the investigation.

ByDan Krauth February 12, 2024
''At 85-years-old, Marcelin has pleaded not guilty in the most recent crime and is waiting for trial.

7 On Your Side Investigates wrote Marcelin a letter in jail. Instead of writing back, Marcelin called on the phone to say she no longer goes by Harvey Marcelin but Marceline Harvey and at 85 years old, she has transitioned and now identifies as a lesbian.

"He didn't care about pronouns or anything like that," said Kennedy.

"He said to me that Marceline, his sort of female personality, keeps a lid on Harvey and keeps a lid on Harvey's rages, but sometimes he's pushed to the point where Marceline can't help anymore and I guess Harvey just erupts."

Marcelin is being housed in a jail facility that houses women.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtt
Back