Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beginning to wonder if Cali was part if a migrant farm working family. Given the number of farms in the area and the fact that farming was less mechanized then there must have been more manual help. Does anyone know what the situation might have been?

I do not know much about that area, but I do agree it is quite possible that she could have been part of a migrant farming family. I am hoping the info on the isotope test can give us a probable answer. Migrant workers tended to travel state to state as crops needed picked in different areas. I think if she was doing this, her test will show her high for more than just corn.......but I am only guessing on this one. So I will leave that info to someone who is more familiar with that area.

I do not know much about that area, but I do agree it is quite possible that she could have been part of a migrant farming family. I am hoping the info on the isotope test can give us a probable answer. Migrant workers tended to travel state to state as crops needed picked in different areas. I think if she was doing this, her test will show her high for more than just corn.......but I am only guessing on this one. So I will leave that info to someone who is more familiar with that area.

I THOUGHT THEY ALREADY DID AN ISOTOPE TEST AND THAT SHE HAD SPENT ALOT OF TIME IN NM! is this a new one?

I THOUGHT THEY ALREADY DID AN ISOTOPE TEST AND THAT SHE HAD SPENT ALOT OF TIME IN NM! is this a new one?

No, the Isotope test showed that she had a diet consisting high in corn. NM was only one of the areas that would apply to. A diet high in corn indicates the SW regions. The question we asked LE is did the Isotope test indicate high in anything other than corn. Our thinking behind that question was many regions have diets high in corn, but most of them also would show high in something else as well. Example would be, in my region test would show high in corn, (Corn bread, etc) Wheat ( flour is used in many of our recipes) and potatoes ( eaten daily almost in my area) All we did was ask for more details on the test they had already done.

No, the Isotope test showed that she had a diet consisting high in corn. NM was only one of the areas that would apply to. A diet high in corn indicates the SW regions. The question we asked LE is did the Isotope test indicate high in anything other than corn. Our thinking behind that question was many regions have diets high in corn, but most of them also would show high in something else as well. Example would be, in my region test would show high in corn, (Corn bread, etc) Wheat ( flour is used in many of our recipes) and potatoes ( eaten daily almost in my area) All we did was ask for more details on the test they had already done.

The pollen test had a very limited range. The tooth isotope test had a very broad range. The combo seems to suggest the southwest but we are not clear about all of the specifics or if there are any other potential locations. However I am not clear how much weight to put on the pollen as it was found on the jacket she had on which was large for her and potentially came from another person.

Yes, that is why we are hoping for more specifics on the Isotope ranges.....pollen could have been picked up by her clothing in to many different ways.

My understanding was that the pollen came from both her jacket pockets and her pants pockets. If true, that would make it less likely that the pollen was picked up by a different person wearing the clothing.

I wonder, Carl. It was November. If she was cold and putting her hands in the jacket pockets then at some point put her hands in the pants pockets would that type of transfer make sense?

A friend asked me to revise my recon to show her with longer hair (to reflect the written description of shoulder-length hair). I took the opportunity to further revise and fine tune the details.

a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

A friend asked me to revise my recon to show her with longer hair (to reflect the written description of shoulder-length hair). I took the opportunity to further revise and fine tune the details.

Thanks Carl! I think you did a great job!

a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

She's such a pretty girl! I wish we had a name to put with that pretty face:(

My understanding was that the pollen came from both her jacket pockets and her pants pockets. If true, that would make it less likely that the pollen was picked up by a different person wearing the clothing.

I wonder, Carl. It was November. If she was cold and putting her hands in the jacket pockets then at some point put her hands in the pants pockets would that type of transfer make sense?

I was wondering about this, too Irish. It could be easy to cross contaminate. As for the jacket, it would be interesting to know where it was made, as the Australian Pine is pretty common in parts of the world (developing countries) where products are made and then shipped to the USA. he may have also had an item with that pollen in her pockets that she shifted around in all pockets that the perp turn when he empty the pockets. :twocents:

I was wondering about this, too Irish. It could be easy to cross contaminate. As for the jacket, it would be interesting to know where it was made, as the Australian Pine is pretty common in parts of the world (developing countries) where products are made and then shipped to the USA. he may have also had an item with that pollen in her pockets that she shifted around in all pockets that the perp turn when he empty the pockets. :twocents:

I think there are other collaborating evidence such as her tan line that would suggest that she came from a sunny region.

Carl,

Thanks for sharing the new pic!

As for the jacket and the developing world- how common was it in 1979 for clothing to be made in developing nations? I was born in 1979, and I remember being really little and seeing Barbara Mandrell advertise Visa clothes, which were made in the USA. So I'm guessing it was already common for clothes to be made overseas?

Carl,

Thanks for sharing the new pic!

As for the jacket and the developing world- how common was it in 1979 for clothing to be made in developing nations? I was born in 1979, and I remember being really little and seeing Barbara Mandrell advertise Visa clothes, which were made in the USA. So I'm guessing it was already common for clothes to be made overseas?

I don't know about clothes but when I was a little girl in the 70s most of my toys were already saying Made In Taiwan, Made In China, etc. so I bet clothes were beginning to be imported as well.

The Jacket was part of a promotion, if I remember correctly. But there was no way to track down who all they had been given to. Some of the details are so sketchy that it is hard to be certain, but I do not see anything stand outish about her clothing. I think it was fairly common apparel in 1979. Just a general question, but.....what states in the midwest would you classify as having a diet high in corn? Remember......this is not going to exclude other foods......but corn based foods are going to be higher than average foods?

I don't know about clothes but when I was a little girl in the 70s most of my toys were already saying Made In Taiwan, Made In China, etc. so I bet clothes were beginning to be imported as well.

I would imagine the jacket would have a tag in it saying where it was made. But, sometimes not. As the jacket was promotional, it would be hard to track. But, if it was a newer jacket (under a year), there is a potential that it could be tracked if very few were made. IMOO.

I would imagine the jacket would have a tag in it saying where it was made. But, sometimes not. As the jacket was promotional, it would be hard to track. But, if it was a newer jacket (under a year), there is a potential that it could be tracked if very few were made. IMOO.

The jacket was part of a promotion where these jackets were given out at events......and no records were kept of who they were given to. They were given at more than one event and were given to unspecified people.......so tracking them was not possible.

The Jacket was part of a promotion, if I remember correctly. But there was no way to track down who all they had been given to. Some of the details are so sketchy that it is hard to be certain, but I do not see anything stand outish about her clothing. I think it was fairly common apparel in 1979. Just a general question, but.....what states in the midwest would you classify as having a diet high in corn? Remember......this is not going to exclude other foods......but corn based foods are going to be higher than average foods?

Indiana, Iowa & MN are known for corn. Corn in general tends to be very popular amongst Midwestern states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19