Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaycee Lee Dugard was held captive for 18 years. It is not unheard of.

NY Jane Doe was severely neglected which over a period of twelve years would result in the medical issues she would have. It makes absolutely perfect sense.

Now, the only thing that is still up in the air is why was she trying to get to Boston? If she was a victim of abduction, and she was traveling alone, why wouldnt she go to the police?

That is the only major issue that needs to be resolved

I agree it would explain the lack of medical and dental care.

Judith was abducted when she was 5. I believe if she was kept alive her captors would probably have told her that her parents didn't want her, or her parents were dead and that they (the abductors) were going to be taking care of her. If a 17 year old Judith ran away from her abductor she might not have known that she was a kidnap victim. Then, she tragically hitched a ride with the wrong person when she was on the run.

I have also thought that maybe the man she was seen with at the diner was her abductor and her attempts to hitchhike were attempts to run away. When the abductor realized what he was up to he decided to kill her.

The story does seem like a long shot to explain but stranger things have happened.

Carl is my go to guy when I go and submit a match... he has very good eyes when it comes to this.

Carl might even have a different contact for Cali... I know he been involved with figuring out who this UID is!

Thank you, I did send him a pm to ask for his opinion, I've been reading on here for a while and saw he does a lot for the unidentified people.

I looked at them both pretty closely last night. She does look very strongly like cali, and she has brown eyes like cali does.

q64ceo is acting like this has definitely been solved. I'm not as excited about it as q64ceo is. She definitely should be looked at, but I would say it is more likely that it's not her just because the circumstances seem so far-fetched. Yes, possible, but not probable.

Since Judith is from Oklahoma, it reminded me of the Sharon Marshall case. Franklin Floyd kidnapped Sharon when she was a child, and then murdered her as a young adult (in Oklahoma).

Cali's nose is narrower at the alae and is much more turned up than Judith's. But comparisons like this are difficult because faces (and particularly noses) change so much from 5 to 18.

I don't think the common freckle on the left cheek amounts to much. If you look at the freckle on Judith's photo, there are about a dozen similar marks in the same area.

Also, I'm not sure what to make of the marks on the lip. It looks like Judith might have a mark in the same spot, but it's not conclusive.

I will put in a call to Major Matt Burgess though. This should be looked at nevertheless.

q64ceo is acting like this has definitely been solved. I'm not as excited about it as q64ceo is. She definitely should be looked at, but I would say it is more likely that it's not her just because the circumstances seem so far-fetched. Yes, possible, but not probable.

The circumstances are farfetched indeed. You are correct, I should proceed with caution of how I approach it.

We shall see

I've lurked on this thread for a long time without posting, but I just have to say WOW. I agree that it's too soon to be overly confident about this match, but what an incredible find. I really look forward to reading more as this story may develop. These girls look a LOT alike.

I've tried to envision a scenario in which Judith Elwell, abducted from Oklahoma City in 1967 would be hitchhiking to Boston in 1979, having just been in a sunny climate and a few months out from blonding her hair. I frankly just don't see it.

I would think a Jaycee Dugard like escapee would go to the police first after putting a safe distance between her and her former captor. even if he convinced her early on that her parents were dead and she believed them, she had a brother and you'd think Oklahoma would be the first stop to see if she could find him or any former neighbors.

I've tried to envision a scenario in which Judith Elwell, abducted from Oklahoma City in 1967 would be hitchhiking to Boston in 1979, having just been in a sunny climate and a few months out from blonding her hair. I frankly just don't see it.

I would think a Jaycee Dugard like escapee would go to the police first after putting a safe distance between her and her former captor. even if he convinced her early on that her parents were dead and she believed them, she had a brother and you'd think Oklahoma would be the first stop to see if she could find him or any former neighbors.

She was 5 when she was kidnapped. I dont know about you, but my memories when I was 5 years old are fuzzy at best. She could have not remembered her previous life if her captors brainwashed her, too. As for not going to the police, she could have been raised in some sort of ****ed up life where non-normal things would be normal for her. Sharon Marshal for example was raised to believe that having sexual relations with a father (that *advertiser censored* raised her as his daughter) was normal.

There would be a very good chance she wouldn't even remember what state she was from, nevermind that she had a brother and where/how to go find him. And supposing he did tell her that her parents are dead, he probably included the brother in that as well. Just to make her believe there was no one out there for her.

assume she was kidnapped and brainwashed. if she ran away, then a cross-country trip to Boston (just having relaxed in a sunny climate) makes no sense.

if she was set free so to speak, not fully appreciating that she had been a victim all those years, I can see her hitching rides here and there but with no known connection to Boston, I don't know why she'd go there.

in addition as I pointed out earlier in the thread, she was nowhere near Boston and there are no known interstate routes that go to Boston from where she was found. distance-wise that would be like a person passing through West Virginia saying she was en route to Buffalo NY.

Could have been her captor that shot her. Maybe she hadn't escaped yet. A fight in the car? He finally had enough?

assume she was kidnapped and brainwashed. if she ran away, then a cross-country trip to Boston (just having relaxed in a sunny climate) makes no sense.

if she was set free so to speak, not fully appreciating that she had been a victim all those years, I can see her hitching rides here and there but with no known connection to Boston, I don't know why she'd go there.

in addition as I pointed out earlier in the thread, she was nowhere near Boston and there are no known interstate routes that go to Boston from where she was found. distance-wise that would be like a person passing through West Virginia saying she was en route to Buffalo NY.

As I said earlier the circumstances are pretty damn hard to figure out.

Another thing I noticed in the NamUs file. They added more details in the physical description section, and indicated that she did have pierced ears.

I was previously under the mistaken impression that she didn't have pierced ears.

ETA: I was referring to Cali, not Judith.

Another thing I noticed in the NamUs file. They added more details in the physical description section, and indicated that she did have pierced ears.

I was previously under the mistaken impression that she didn't have pierced ears.

Carl, would you happen to know if there are any age progression photos aval for Judith?

After seeing that Cali did have pierced ears, it occurred to me that I had ruled out this girl LMH from Norwich CT primarily because she had stud-earrings, and I thought Cali had unpierced ears.

2910456420045078242S500x500Q851_zpse0b3b580.jpg
a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

I have no indication that LMH is a missing person. But this was intriguing to me, not just because she looks spot-on like Cali, but also because Boston is the closest large city to Norwich CT. Someone traveling across country to Norwich CT might say that they are headed for Boston.

There are still a couple of negatives:
(1) She was in the 1980 yearbook - But normally, the school portraits are taken at the beginning of the school year (around September or October of the previous year)

(2) She is listed on a listing of graduates at the back of the yearbook. That raises the question of whether the list of "graduates" is compiled based on people who actually were going to graduate (the book had to have been published before the end of the school year), or just those who were expected to graduate.

(3) If she was in a sunny climate for the summer, and returning to Connecticut to go to school, she wouldn't have been there to have her photo taken.

But nevertheless, I would like to pin this down a little more conclusively.

Carl, what led you to LMH?

The resemblance is certainly uncanny.

Thanks to you for the time and effort you dedicate to people who have been "forgotten" by most people.

Carl, what led you to LMH?

The resemblance is certainly uncanny.

Thanks to you for the time and effort you dedicate to people who have been "forgotten" by most people.

I completely stumbled across her photo while looking for someone else (a No-photo NamUs MP). It's still a longshot. I'd say probably not. But I'd still like to be able rule her out with certainty. The resemblance is too strong IMO.

LMH does look like Cali! I did notice that the yearbook has pictures of the graduation ceremony which would lead you to believe that the graduates list was comprised of people who did actually graduate but it's hard to know.

There is a 49 year old with that name living in Florida but I am not able to access anymore details on her. I don't have the resources to look for birth records and everything.

Please keep us updated on what you find Carl! :)

I think I found LMH's facebook page.

I found her marriage records in Ancestry, indicating that she was married in 1983 in Minnesota to a man with the initials PJD.

And looking for her in FB under her married name, she is still married to the same man and still living in Minnesota. Her photo does look like a 50-year old version of LMH.

So that's good enough for me to conclude that Cali is not LMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje