NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of something that was said in the very beginning, I have been under the impression that Tillie was supposed to work on Saturday, and called in with a "case of the nerves"...anyone remember that? Also, I think that power tools were used at some point, and it seems that Sweat doesn't want to rat out who supplied them. JMO

thanks! I actually deleted my original post because I began to think I imagined it. Lol. I am looking for that article.

Found it...http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/2015/06/09/escaped-prisoners-mother-speaks-son/28770547/
Meanwhile, Sweat’s mother railed against her son to a Binghamton reporter.

“I don’t want nothing to do with him,” Pamela Sweat told the Press & Sun-Bulletin. “He has tormented me since he was 9 years old, and now he’s 34 and I feel like he’s still doing it.”

Then maybe the son would like to help pay back the $1,000,000 spent each day to find his dad. :thinking:

I am just as angry as most New Yorkers/citizens are about the cost of finding these men and, now, the costs that will be incurred based on the investigation of what appears to be a very broken corrections system. That said, this young man lost a father-- a man who by all accounts of those who know him was a psychopath. My guess is that NH will someday be angry and appalled by his father's actions. That said, it is possible to believe that Richard Harris is a criminal who would not be taken alive AND to feel for the child who didn't have any say in who his father was.

Found it...http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/2015/06/09/escaped-prisoners-mother-speaks-son/28770547/
Meanwhile, Sweat’s mother railed against her son to a Binghamton reporter.

“I don’t want nothing to do with him,” Pamela Sweat told the Press & Sun-Bulletin. “He has tormented me since he was 9 years old, and now he’s 34 and I feel like he’s still doing it.”
Yes, his mom does seem to change her mind often. I guess because of all the emotions going on.

Apologies if already posted (still catching up, but just saw this article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...says-captured-Shawshank-escapee-hospital.html

Sweat said he (and Matt) had a couple close calls when on the run -- one time they were in a hunting stand and could hear LE, another time, Sweat was up in a tree and police went right by (remember how we were kinda joking about that???)

They were smoking marijuana and drinking in the cabins where they stayed, but Matt too much? Also, Matt leaving a lot of evidence behind -- candy wrappers, etc. Sweat apparently better at not leaving a trail.

They did a practice run, the night before the escape, where they poked their heads out of the manhole.

Sweat has been upgraded to fair condition.

BBM Party time while escaping, no wonder they never made it to the border

Because of something that was said in the very beginning, I have been under the impression that Tillie was supposed to work on Saturday, and called in with a "case of the nerves"...anyone remember that? Also, I think that power tools were used at some point, and it seems that Sweat doesn't want to rat out who supplied them. JMO

No. She and Lyle worked like they were supposed to, drove home together like every day, stopped for dinner, then she got chest pains and he took her to the hospital.

Yes, Sweat's mother told LE/TV news here locally WHILE LE WAS STATIONED OUTSIDE HER HOUSE to make sure she didn't HELP her son while he was missing, that she didn't want anything else to do with him.

She was trying to say "you don't have to treat me like a criminal too, I'm not gonna help him just because he's my son".

Not "I hate him forever".

The links are out there.

Apologies if already posted (still catching up, but just saw this article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...says-captured-Shawshank-escapee-hospital.html

Sweat said he (and Matt) had a couple close calls when on the run -- one time they were in a hunting stand and could hear LE, another time, Sweat was up in a tree and police went right by (remember how we were kinda joking about that???)

They were smoking marijuana and drinking in the cabins where they stayed, but Matt too much? Also, Matt leaving a lot of evidence behind -- candy wrappers, etc. Sweat apparently better at not leaving a trail.

They did a practice run, the night before the escape, where they poked their heads out of the manhole.

Sweat has been upgraded to fair condition.

BBM They got pot from the cabin they stayed? would that be the cabin that the correction officers used/owned?

No. She and Lyle worked like they were supposed to, drove home together like every day, stopped for dinner, then she got chest pains and he took her to the hospital.

Yes, Sweat's mother told LE/TV news here locally WHILE LE WAS STATIONED OUTSIDE HER HOUSE to make sure she didn't HELP her son while he was missing, that she didn't want anything else to do with him.

She was trying to say "you don't have to treat me like a criminal too, I'm not gonna help him just because he's my son".

Not "I hate him forever".

The links are out there.

????? I was wondering about Saturday....NOT Friday. I know that she worked on Friday, and later went to dinner and then checked into the hospital. I said nothing about Sweat's mom...just said I thought that Sweat is not inclined to rat out whoever supplied power tools. Also, I did not request links! Sorry for the confusion. JMO.

Classic example of enabling the criminal. Placing blame for criminal acts on others. Very, very common.

Tillie and whoever else helped them escape committed criminal acts, and very much share responsibility for the escape. Without that assistance both inmates would be alive and where a court of law determined they should be.

Oh, for Pete's sake! Lyle Mitchell's attorney on Anderson Cooper right now says "Lyle's still in love with her"

:facepalm:

Her girl scout cookies must be extra good. SMH what in the world?!?

Classic example of enabling the criminal. Placing blame for criminal acts on others. Very, very common.

My daughter used to work in a halfway house for criminals. They worked on teaching them new skills for thinking. This is criminal thnking for sure

Any ideas as to where Sweat will go once he's moved? I don't know the other max security prisons in NY.

Any ideas as to where Sweat will go once he's moved? I don't know the other max security prisons in NY.
Maybe Attica, maybe Sing Sing. There are others, but those are the two I've heard speculation about.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

but weren't there any armchair psychiatrists or Ph.D.'s analyzing
Millie's involvement with the 2 convicts?

Has that happened yet? I can only assume so.

Also Who would hire Lyle to work for them...he says he has put in for a transfer but who would want him? I would not want his drama.

GGE, many of us here really enjoy reading what you have to say.

Well in this instance she is absolutely correct. The escape of these two murderers wouldn't have happen if it hadn't been for Tillie and Palmer who both have been arrested for their part in it. That isn't placing blame. Those are the facts.

Maybe this has nothing to do with anything. has it been mentioned anywhere that the note they left appears to be attached by a magnet? Did they really go to the trouble of obtaining a magnet to attach it? Unless it was just a slap in the face, that note didn't need to be attached. It would have been found during the investigation even if it was tossed upside down somewhere. It actually looks like that hat could have once been an arrow that could have possibly been mapping the route. I thought it was mentioned that there were other notes found. I wonder if there were a series of post it's with arrows attached inside/outside the pipe mapping the way..... Conveniently attached by magnets that came from who knows where.

I'm hung up on their path out. I wonder if there may not have been a path in from the man hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwanyin2#