NY NY - Colin Gillis, 18, Tupper Lake, 11 March 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling the editor fellow might have felt in danger with his mom in the car at that late hour. The party goers look obvious, but they are going to leave the party to chase Colin down at that hour? The license really sticks out to me. Hypothermia could be an obvious answer too. You would wish the editor had the common decency to stop, but we live in a diferent world today.

I would be interested to know was it one policeman or 2 who looked for him, and I would like to know his name, and past. I work in Accounting, and everything has a check and balance. I would like to know those check and balances in LE, with times of events, who has access to what information, who knows who, do outside people review procedures, etc.

Thanks for letting me by a part of Team Colin. :)

So true! This is not a world where you can stop in the middle of the night to offer someone a ride. Or anytime of day.

There has been quite a bit of focus on the party goers ... especially since there was fighting at the party. Colin’s friends had already left but he stayed behind - news reports say the party ended abruptly. I believe Driver A (see my previous post) may have been at the party also. Depending on what the fighting was about (we have not been told) it seems possible someone could've followed Colin.

Who EXACTLY was the last person to see Colin???
Sure wish I knew the answer to this...one thing I keep wondering, if Colin was flailing his arms for a ride from a stranger, yet AT offered him a ride TWICE, why would Colin not accept that ride? That seems hinky to me, can't get past it.

post#18

http://tupperlakepress.com/2012/03/s...raws-hundreds/

" One of the first parties to go out Monday apparently found Colin’s DRIVERS LICENSE on the edge of the south side of the road, west of the intersection of Route 3 and Setting Pole Dam Road, where their search began. "

Who do people give their driver's license too?
1. Bartenders
2. Cops

There weren't no bartenders out on that road.

BBM: LOL
I concur.

Where exactly were the items (license and pipe) found? Were they found together or a distance apart?

"why would Colin not accept that ride"

He did not like someone in the car?
He didn't want to go wherever they were going?
He had another ride with someone who he would rather ride with?
Something illegal was going on in the car that he disagreed with?
The driver drove like a maniac and he didn't feel comfortable? (well its a reach, but I have not gone on trips for this reason)

"why would Colin not accept that ride"

He did not like someone in the car?
He didn't want to go wherever they were going?
He had another ride with someone who he would rather ride with?
Something illegal was going on in the car that he disagreed with?
The driver drove like a maniac and he didn't feel comfortable? (well its a reach, but I have not gone on trips for this reason)

If that driver had been at the party - maybe Colin had a strict policy of not getting into a car with someone behind the wheel who had been drinking ...

Or the driver/passenger had been part of the fight ...

There's no way to know for sure if he even stopped and offered Colin a ride 2x ... it's kind of hard to verify!

I just want to thank TMAN2014 again for joining team Colin! Your questions and thoughts have helped tremendously ... sometimes I feel we've dissected and analyzed every little fact we have (granted not many) and are left with nowhere to go ... then someone re-examines something and it's like we're seeing it from a brand new angle.

It's great to have Team Colin (Andalso, Tarabull, Kadence, SilentSleuth to name just a few who have recently posted - I know there are others too!) There's always room for more on Team Colin!

Where exactly were the items (license and pipe) found? Were they found together or a distance apart?

Take a close look at the map pictured in this most recent (New York Times) article:
http://nyti.ms/12aVmVA

... if you open a separate window with the photo you can enlarge to see the details.

I think it's safe to conclude that E1 (P) is the pipe and E2 (DL) the driver's license ... so they were not found in the exact same spot.

Since Colin was walking west (and assuming he continued west) then the pipe was 'dropped' first and the driver's license second.

I wonder if the location where the pipe was dropped was the location where he got into a car, if he did. Then the license was maybe dropped out of a window.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Colin, wherever he is. :heartbeat:

Take a close look at the map pictured in this most recent (New York Times) article:
http://nyti.ms/12aVmVA

... if you open a separate window with the photo you can enlarge to see the details.

I think it's safe to conclude that E1 (P) is the pipe and E2 (DL) the driver's license ... so they were not found in the exact same spot.

Since Colin was walking west (and assuming he continued west) then the pipe was 'dropped' first and the driver's license second.

Sunset....Excellent observation about the 2 items found!! Looks like they were both found on Route 3, not on Setting Pole, judging by the circles associated with the labels on the map. I also now notice the PSL, to the right of the other items, I assume that means Point Last seen. I also see where it says residence search, likely the location the party took place.

So, the license and pipe were not together, but not far apart. Were they tossed out the window of a moving car or dropped by Colin himself?

Regarding the responses to my question of why Colin would not accept the ride he was offered two times...you folks have touched on some ideas that could fit the bill for why he wouldn't go in that car and perhaps one of those is correct.
But on the flip side...I also think it is worth exploring one of the following theories:
a) Colin did accept the ride or
b) Colin was forced into the vehicle

and from there, something bad happened.

What was Colin carrying in the backpack? We assume his coat was in there, did he have his license in there? The pipe? Anything else? And, am I right his phone is missing too?

All just my opinion!

Always thinking of Colin!

Someone asked about the average speed on SR-3 - the speed limit goes up and down from 30-55 mph. 55 is the max anywhere on that road. During the day I go about 63-65, but at night I go 55 max because of deer. Anything over 65 would be dangerous day or night, especially during the winter, but I have had people pass me going at least 70 mph. Crazy! There are not just deer, there are bears and moose as well. If you hit one of them at full speed you may not survive. I have mentioned before too that at night it is very difficult to see way ahead because it is the Adirondack Mountains and there are no lights unless you are in one of the villages - it is very dark. When a car passes you going the other direction you can be momentarily blinded because your eyes have to adjust back from being blasted by headlights. It is because I drive it so often that I have mostly felt that Colin disappeared due to an accident and was removed for a DWI/under-age drinking cover-up. I think of Colin every day. In the videos and pictures he seems like such a likable young man and so full of potential. Teens just don't think of long-term consequences when they crack open those beers.

Shout out to everyone working Colin's story. May there be a resolution someday. Someday SOON. Dang, it's been a while, but he's not forgotten.

Someone asked about the average speed on SR-3 - the speed limit goes up and down from 30-55 mph. 55 is the max anywhere on that road. During the day I go about 63-65, but at night I go 55 max because of deer. Anything over 65 would be dangerous day or night, especially during the winter, but I have had people pass me going at least 70 mph. Crazy! There are not just deer, there are bears and moose as well. If you hit one of them at full speed you may not survive. I have mentioned before too that at night it is very difficult to see way ahead because it is the Adirondack Mountains and there are no lights unless you are in one of the villages - it is very dark. When a car passes you going the other direction you can be momentarily blinded because your eyes have to adjust back from being blasted by headlights. It is because I drive it so often that I have mostly felt that Colin disappeared due to an accident and was removed for a DWI/under-age drinking cover-up. I think of Colin every day. In the videos and pictures he seems like such a likable young man and so full of potential. Teens just don't think of long-term consequences when they crack open those beers.

So true! Thank you for this TripleA! Sounds like the road I live on in VT ... deer, moose, bear, turkeys - you name it, it crosses the road - it's a narrow, hilly road but the speed limit is 50mph and no streetlamps (so of course people go 60+mph!) ...

your theory just makes so much sense to me ... I've always thought he was probably hit by a car except that LE kept saying in the beginning that there was NO evidence of Colin being hit. I don't know what to think about that anymore! It didn't rain for a couple of days I don't think so 'evidence' didn't wash away. Not sure why Colin’s license would be on the road in that scenario either. Plus the missing coat/backpack that RR the newspaper editor claimed he was NOT wearing yet it never turned up. It's just so odd. Keeps me awake at nights wondering.

In my opinion, there would have been some clear evidence if Colin had been hit by a car, skid marks, if nothing else.

I wonder, did Colin maybe get a ride from the party residence on Paskungameh Rd to Route 3 or did he walk? If the party was at the end of Paskungameh Rd, that would have been a long walk to Route 3.

Here's a specualtive scenario... perhaps Colin got a ride from the party up to Route 3, but that ride was going in another direction, so Colin got out of that car to wait for another ride to come along? If that is the case, maybe he would have accidentally left his backpack in the first car?

I don't know. I am just trying to think of anything and everything, and even if I am wrong I feel brainstorming different scenarios may help bring up thoughts/ideas from everyone that could hopefully lead to the truth.

Where is Colin? What happened to Colin? The fact that his remains have not been found leads me to believe they were purposely hidden. That, and the fact there were fights, drinking and likely drugs happening at the party...and then poof, Colin's gone. Not judging about the partying, I am just thinking maybe things got a little more out of control that evening then anyone anticipated.

My opinion only.

In my opinion, there would have been some clear evidence if Colin had been hit by a car, skid marks, if nothing else.

I wonder, did Colin maybe get a ride from the party residence on Paskungameh Rd to Route 3 or did he walk? If the party was at the end of Paskungameh Rd, that would have been a long walk to Route 3.

Here's a specualtive scenario... perhaps Colin got a ride from the party up to Route 3, but that ride was going in another direction, so Colin got out of that car to wait for another ride to come along? If that is the case, maybe he would have accidentally left his backpack in the first car?

I don't know. I am just trying to think of anything and everything, and even if I am wrong I feel brainstorming different scenarios may help bring up thoughts/ideas from everyone that could hopefully lead to the truth.

Where is Colin? What happened to Colin? The fact that his remains have not been found leads me to believe they were purposely hidden. That, and the fact there were fights, drinking and likely drugs happening at the party...and then poof, Colin's gone. Not judging about the partying, I am just thinking maybe things got a little more out of control that evening then anyone anticipated.

My opinion only.

Or maybe he took the ride and was thrown out of the car for objecting to something, and left his backpack.

You guys probably already covered this via wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Keyes

"He confessed to at least one murder in New York State. Authorities have not determined the identity, age, or gender of the victim, or when and where the murder may have occurred, but regard the confession as credible.[10] Keyes had ties to New York State, he owned 10 acres and a run down cabin in the town of Constable. Keyes also confessed to bank robberies in New York and Texas.[11] The FBI later confirmed that Keyes robbed the Community Bank branch in Tupper Lake, New York in April 2009. The FBI said that Keyes threatened people in the bank with a handgun, although there were no injuries.[12] He also told authorities that he burglarized a Texas home and set it on fire.[2]

Also in April 2009 Keyes may have killed a woman in New Jersey and buried her near Tupper Lake in upstate New York.[13]"

I don't like this guy being near Tupper Lake and possibly Colin.

http://www.crimemagazine.com/mystery-tupper-lake

Interesting article on the Collin case back in 2013. I would imagine it is probably posted earlier in this thread.

Could a serial killer have met Collin? I do not like the sounds of this Keyes guy mentioned.

This is very helpful. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?220907-Israel-Keyes-Timelines-*NO-DISCUSSION*

So, according to the timeline, Keyes would've been in Texas.
'On March 10, 2012, Keyes withdrew cash from an ATM at the Humble Community Bank in Humble, Texas.'
'3/11/2012: Wells, TX
Keyes' sister got married in Wells, TX on 3/11/12. His family, formerly Amish, are members of the radical/cultist "Church of Wells".'
'3/12/2012: Shepherd, TX'

But, I kind of wonder if it's been completely confirmed. That man traveled a lot!

Keyes travelled a lot, and covered his tracks.

What is interesting to me is he had a cabin in upstate New York, and he killed in Vermont, as well as the Pacific Northwest.

Check out his FBI site.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/august/new-information-released-in-serial-killer-case

"Apart from Koenig, who was abducted from the Anchorage coffee stand where she worked, and Bill and Lorraine Currier, a middle-aged married couple who were murdered in 2011 in Vermont, Keyes discussed “seven or eight other victims,” Goeden said. “We want to identify them.”

Investigators believe that Keyes killed and buried a victim in upstate New York in April 2009. “He also told us about a couple in Washington state, another victim in that area, and possibly others in surrounding states,” Goeden said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89