Found Alive NY - Constantinos 'Danny' Filippidis, 49, Lake Placid, 7 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You could, but if someone were to purchase one retail somewhere, there's no way that's happening without some kind of ID and cc. 2 of my kids just upgraded their phones last month and I had to show ID & cc info for both.
I haven't read through all the posts so maybe this was answered. What about a prepaid phone? Couldn't he get that without ID?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I also find it odd that he could remember his wife's #. I don't even know my own cell #, much less my husbands.
I'm not married but I know my mom's and my kids' numbers by heart.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't think we will ever know what really went on. His story and actions were suspicious in my opinion but 'it is what it is'

State police still investigating missing Whiteface skier's story

State Police say they cannot corroborate Filippidis's belief he was driven across the country in a tractor-trailer. They also said that none of the hauling companies contacted by investigators have a driver who admitted taking him across the country. "We're very interested in any possible trucking company that would have come through that area."

State Police investigators interviewed Filippidis last week and expect to interview him again.

Filippidis is on medical leave from work and declined media interviews.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/State-police-still-investigating-missing-12631355.php

State police still investigating missing Whiteface skier's story

State Police say they cannot corroborate Filippidis's belief he was driven across the country in a tractor-trailer. They also said that none of the hauling companies contacted by investigators have a driver who admitted taking him across the country. "We're very interested in any possible trucking company that would have come through that area."

State Police investigators interviewed Filippidis last week and expect to interview him again.

Filippidis is on medical leave from work and declined media interviews.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/State-police-still-investigating-missing-12631355.php

If a trucking company driver offered him a ride then it would not surprise me that they would not ever want to admit to it since its probably against company policy to pickup hitchhikers or give strangers rides.

From where he started the route to get to a main highway West is pretty complicated. Like I-87 South to I-90 West and eventually to I-80 West.

From where he started the route to get to a main highway West is pretty complicated. Like I-87 South to I-90 West and eventually to I-80 West.

I-87 is the New York State Thruway (a heavily traveled road North/South through New York from Canada (Montreal) to New Jersey. He could have taken that all the way to New Jersey, then headed west on I-80 to California.

__

and since this man is fine, I just want to chuckle and say every time I hear about the Thruway I can't help but think about Arlo Guthrie in Woodstock: “Man, there's supposed to be a million and a half people here by tonight. Can you dig that? The New York State Thruway is closed, man!”

I'm just shocked that there is NO camera footage of him. ANYWHERE.

Idk but in thinking of possibilities:
1. He had changed clothing and was wearing some sort of disguise
2. He wasnt moving around in public places, maybe hiding out somewhere.

I have wondered if he was actually wearing the ski wear the entire time. And where was he sleeping, eating, etc. Just my own speculation though! Jmo

It happens..
http://canoe.com/news/world/man-of-mystery-tourist-arrives-in-new-york-vanishes-found-weeks-later
March 11 2018.
NEW YORK — For weeks, an Uzbek tourist who had come to the country to visit his daughter was a man of mystery.

Sabirjon Akhmedov spent weeks in a Manhattan hospital after being found unconscious in a park three days after he was supposed to get on a bus to his daughter’s Ohio home, the Daily News reported. He was ultimately reunited with his family after a doctor saw a missing person poster for him, and contacted authorities.
In the meantime, a jogger called authorities on Aug. 6 about a man she saw near 110th Street and Riverside Drive, miles from where Akhmedov had been. He was taken to a nearby hospital with a traumatic brain injury and lacking any form of identification. He had some Uzbek currency with him.

He underwent a tracheotomy, and some weeks later, gave Arif what sounded like a name. An internet search turned up the missing person poster.
He still has no recollection of what happened to him during the three days he was missing.

Skier's disappearance, return may stay a mystery

More than 100 days after Constantinos "Danny" Filippidis went missing from Whiteface Mountain, State Police and Filippidis’ family are no closer to understanding what led the skier to end up in a rental car section of the Sacramento Airport.

State Police said Thursday they considered the case still open but had no new information on Filippidis’ disappearance.

In reference to a few points being discussed in thread...I have just now heard about this case via reading the “located” thread on this website I’ve heard nothing on radio or tv about it in my area so a truck driver who is very busy probably wouldn’t have heard anything either especially if he/she is driving across country all the time. Second, about video...where would you start? There’s a lot of places between Lake Placid and Sacramento...like millions with video...stores, fast food, banks...you couldn’t waste time and effort to request everyone in the US to check their video especially when the man has not committed a crime. Third, about the iPhone...I use Straight Talk which is a 45 buck a month unlimited provider thru Walmart...I have purchased several Straight Talk branded iPhones thru Walmart and never have been asked for ID. Most all prepaid phone companies have an iPhone available an none ask for ID. I purchased these phones with credit cards as well and just stuck the card in the machine...no one ever asks for ID with credit cards unless a problem arises in the transaction.

Also like to add I’m not surprised that no drivers of company trucks have admitted to giving a strange man a ride because if they admitted it they could lose their job. Plus there’s no way that LE could check every truck driver in the US. They could contact some of the big truck companies but there are hundreds of small truck agencies as well not to mention the big food movers, furniture movers, logging and wood movers etc. you couldn’t check every one...I wish they put that much emphasis on finding some of the missing women that were last seen around truckers but I digress...

I have had personal experience with head injury. I was in a car accident several years ago and did not go to the doctor. I felt fine...a little jumbled but fine...then I got sleepy and slept for almost a day. I lost the last 3 months just as if it were deleted from my mind. I could remember existing for those 3 months. There were vague memories of places I had been I knew I had to have worked everyday but mostly they just disappeared.

The big question I have is why weren’t the authorities watching all credit card activity? The minute a transaction came up in Sacramento then they would’ve known where he was. Same if he purchased the iPhone with credit card somewhere in between. I can totally understand him remembering a PIN number or wife’s phone number...with some head injuries these type of long term automatic things are easy to remember but new memories and short term memories are damaged. This is all my opinion only of course..

I mean I investigated this matter fairly deeply, but since he called his wife before telling someone that could've helped in a serious way of understanding what happened made the information around this matter disappear. I've looked at the entire City of Toronto staff directory, and if one of their staff did go from Whiteface mountain to Sacramento, his name wasn't Danny or Constantinos Filippidis. I attached the Toronto fire staff directory since the full one was too large, but you can find it here --> Staff Directory, Divisions & Customer Service

I don't know why they are concealing answers from the public, but they are. Hopefully someone knows a family member or family friend and can actually get some real information for once. I believe he lives somewhere near Toronto. One of you crazy knucks get on this. Sorry not sure if you guys still think that racism is a thing. Thank you for any further information you guys find!

Attachments

• 9511-fire_services.pdf
    270.7 KB · Views: 3
I mean I investigated this matter fairly deeply, but since he called his wife before telling someone that could've helped in a serious way of understanding what happened made the information around this matter disappear. I've looked at the entire City of Toronto staff directory, and if one of their staff did go from Whiteface mountain to Sacramento, his name wasn't Danny or Constantinos Filippidis. I attached the Toronto fire staff directory since the full one was too large, but you can find it here --> Staff Directory, Divisions & Customer Service

I don't know why they are concealing answers from the public, but they are. Hopefully someone knows a family member or family friend and can actually get some real information for once. I believe he lives somewhere near Toronto. One of you crazy knucks get on this. Sorry not sure if you guys still think that racism is a thing. Thank you for any further information you guys find!
Looks like it doesn’t list the names of the firefighters, just the captains and those in administrative and management type positions. Unless I’m missing something.

Looks like it doesn’t list the names of the firefighters, just the captains and those in administrative and management type positions. Unless I’m missing something.

One article I read about Danny's disappearance stated that he was captain of a firehouse in Toronto. The directory only list division chiefs not individual firehouse captains.

I lean towards a theory that he had some kind of mental breakdown: head injury, PTSD, mid-life crisis, any of a number of things which overwhelmed him when he found himself alone in a strange place far from the city. So he tried to run away from his life, but eventually realized he couldn't or didn't want to. All of which would be seen as as an unbearably shameful weakness and failure by a firehall captain tough/responsible kind of guy.

Maybe he asked whoever helped him not to tell anyone, and they're keeping their promise. I'm just glad he was found.

Toronto firefighter who disappeared on New York ski trip recounts baffling journey
Aug 24 2018
"Danny Filippidis says he just wanted to capture a few memories.

His annual ski trip to Lake Placid, N.Y., with colleagues from Toronto Fire Services was drawing to a close when he realized he’d forgotten to bring a camera to the lodge where he was unwinding with friends about half-way up Whiteface Mountain.

He told friends he’d ski down to a car to retrieve his cellphone and return to document the end of their sojourn on the slopes. That quest led to a baffling journey the 50-year-old fire captain will likely never be able to fully remember."

"Filippidis says he believes his misadventure began when he took a wrong turn on the way back to the car. He has no recollection of a fall that knocked him out and likely caused a concussion, but recalls coming to at “dusk” feeling sore and disoriented.

He made his way to what he mistakenly believed to be the main ski lodge, only to find it closed and deserted. Investigators later determined that Filippidis likely fell near a children’s ski slope and worked his way to the hub of kids programming, an area that’s sparsely populated and would have been closed at the time."

"The theory rings true for Dr. Charles Tator, director of the Canadian Concussion Centre at the Toronto Western Hospital.

Amnesia can take place in about a quarter of concussion cases, he says, adding headaches, fatigue, nausea and “islands of memory” are all classic symptoms.

“Most people make a complete recovery, although the amnesia will likely last forever,” Tator says. “He will probably forever have those blanks.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back