GUILTY NY - David Cook for sexually assaulting infant, Glen Falls, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can someone update the thread title since MSM is reporting that Cook is the infant's father?

DairyGirl - I am so sorry for what your daughter and family have been through. I hope your ex-best friend's husband is in prison for what he did, and that your former friend opens her eyes sooner rather than later.

Glens Falls police say the seven-week-old baby who allegedly suffered severe physical and sexual abuse at the hands of her father, David Cook, remains in critical, but stable condition.

http://www.news10.com/story/17117167/ex-wife-of-glens-falls-man-accused-of-child-abuse-speaks-out

Then I guess my comment about boyfriends and stepfathers is not relevant in this case. And it is even more inexplicable and horrific that someone could do this to his own offspring.

This whole case is disturbing on so many levels but one good thing I got out of it is I've learned it's still possible for me to be shocked. Honestly, I didn't think anything could shock me anymore but reading that this psycho abuser told the mother that he hurt the baby on FRIDAY and texted her EARLY on SATURDAY that he hurt her so bad he was suicidal but the mother didn't bother coming home until Saturday NIGHTand didnt take her baby to the hospital until SUNDAY?!?!?!?! This shocks me, folks. I don't know why really, considering the other cases I read about on here. But it does.

It also makes me want to cry my eyes out. I hope this poor little girl will be ok.

I am almost surprised that they took the baby to the hospital at all, given their other behavior.

It really sounds like he did this as a way to take out anger on the mother. (And if he was worried about her cheating, perhaps he believes the baby is not his, so he is taking out anger on her, too, in the same way boyfriends attack the children of other men).

He probably texted the mom, rather than seeking medical attention, to bring to her attention that he had done this, and get her upset. Wonder how he felt when she didn't even bother to come home.

ARGGGGGGHHHH! I hate this!

BBM
This whole case is disturbing on so many levels but one good thing I got out of it is I've learned it's still possible for me to be shocked. Honestly, I didn't think anything could shock me anymore but reading that this psycho abuser told the mother that he hurt the baby on FRIDAY and texted her EARLY on SATURDAY that he hurt her so bad he was suicidal but the mother didn't bother coming home until Saturday NIGHTand didnt take her baby to the hospital until SUNDAY?!?!?!?! This shocks me, folks. I don't know why really, considering the other cases I read about on here. But it does.

It also makes me want to cry my eyes out. I hope this poor little girl will be ok.
I agree with everything you said, on the bolded part especially. I think it is never going to get better, even a little bit, until we start charging some of these moms and dads that bring these people into their children's lives. This mom, especially to me, needs charged. He told her that the baby was hurt, yet she did nothing until she wanted to. :sick:

Are women so hard up for a man that they don't even check into their background? Or do they just not care? To leave the most precious and vulnerable of people in the care of someone and not even check to see if they have a record? I have seen this first hand. My ex best friend's husband molested my child and she refused to believe it. She told me that if she believed it she would have to leave him and she didn't want to do that. It was more important for her to have a man in her bed then to protect a small child. I haven't spoken to her since but I worry about other children he has access to.
I've unfortunately seen it first hand, too, with both moms and dads, so many times.
A woman in a nearby city a few years ago had three teenage daughters and was married again. One of the daughters accused the stepdad of touching her and when DFS came in they gave the mom the ultimatum of having her husband leave the home or they'd take the daughters. She chose her husband.
I was young then, early twenties. It was the first time I was made aware of anything like that and I've never forgotten it. I can remember being so astounded that a mom would do that.

MOO

Wednesday March 7

http://poststar.com/news/local/upda...65b-11e1-ac69-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1ogzm5rlV

......he told the mother over the phone Friday night that the child was hurt, but the mother was intoxicated and “did not offer to come home.”

Cook talked her out of seeking medical help Saturday night, expressing a concern that he could face charges, authorities said.

The mother instead walked from Smith Street to Glens Falls Hospital with the child Sunday morning......

He told police he sent a text message to the mother early Saturday indicating he wanted to kill himself for hurting the girl, according to the statement.

The mother returned home around 10 p.m. Saturday.

Cook was quoted as saying. “I said that CPS was going to be involved, and it was like rape abuse or rape assault, one of the two.”

“I am very sorry for what I did,”
he said at one point in the interview.

I have been thinking a lot about this poor little girl, hoping for a positive update on her condition.

Why wasn't her mother at home? What new mom leaves her 7 week old for a few days so she can go get drunk? Granted, we don't know the details of where she was or why - but it looks really (really) bad esp. considering the dad told her he hurt his daughter and she didn't go home to check what was going on or ask someone to go over and check on them.

That said, she may have thought he was bluffing and saying these things to get her to go home. Same thing with texting about suicidal thoughts - she may have thought he was trying to be manipulative and controlling. Not that this scenario would excuse her in any way. IMO, she should have had her infant with her - whether she was at home or elsewhere (although who knows if the baby would have been safe where the mom was!).

It seems like this is another case of a young selfish mom wanting to party instead of growing up and being responsible for her baby girl. I hope emerging case details prove me wrong.

JMO, IMO, etc.

Sorry But I read the first 2 posts after the title and could not read anymore Iam Disgusted by this what in the hell is this sick SOB thinking .This guy may be better off just ending it right now before they lock him up and at night time the gurds will let everyone in that prison know what he did and accidently leve the door to his Cell open. WoW Just when you think you have seen and heard everything this happens Im thinking we take a page from Iraq and have a stoning only not with kids throwing rocks but John daily or tiger woods with a bucket of golf balls from about ten feet away and let them T those golf balls up and let it fly using his driver ...

Does anyone know how this precious baby is doing...?

Praying for her....

Micci

Is there anything they did NOT manage to charge him with???
Wow. Criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation??? Geesh.

Assault 1st-degree
Aggravated Sexual Abuse 2nd-degree
Assault 2nd-degree
Strangulation 2nd-degree
Assault 3rd-degree
Two counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child

Overdriving, torturing and injuring animals

Criminal Obstruction of Breathing or Blood Circulation

http://www.news10.com/story/17149692/cook-indicted-after

Is there anything they did NOT manage to charge him with???
Wow. Criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation??? Geesh.

Assault 1st-degree
Aggravated Sexual Abuse 2nd-degree
Assault 2nd-degree
Strangulation 2nd-degree
Assault 3rd-degree
Two counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child

Overdriving, torturing and injuring animals

Criminal Obstruction of Breathing or Blood Circulation

http://www.news10.com/story/17149692/cook-indicted-after

I think the DA wants to make sure the charges stick this time and that he doesn't walk...

Another article on the charges...

The stiffest charge, first-degree assault, could bring a prison sentence of up to 25 years.
The animal cruelty count was filed because Cook allegedly killed a pet bird during the time period when he is alleged to have injured the child.

"The bird was getting annoying so I let it out of its cage so the dogs could get it, then I killed the bird,” Cook is quoted as telling Glens Falls Police and State Police.

Read more: http://poststar.com/news/local/nine...d54-11e1-b76f-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1p5tocSTX

So the mother left the baby with a guy who had previously choked her???
:banghead:

My "jump" was that he choked her that night when she got home and that's why she didn't take the baby to the hospital. If she left the baby with him if she was choked before that, would/could she be charged with child endangerment?

Whoops! I must have misread it. thanks!

Not necessarily. I was just thinking all the charges were for the events of the weekend. I may have misread it too! Maybe we'll find out more in MSM.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth
Back