GUILTY NY - Dr. Mary Yoder, 60, fatally poisoned, Whitesboro, 22 July 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What saith we?

i) Do you think the accused is guilty or not guilty, or, per Scotland, that the crime is not proven?

ii) How do you think the jury will vote -- guilty, not guilty or mistrial? (if mistrial: by what margin?)

I say unproven; mistrial declared; 10-2 for guilty.
Guilty without a doubt. The jury asking for so much has me worried. It only takes one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What saith we?

i) Do you think the accused is guilty or not guilty, or, per Scotland, that the crime is not proven?

ii) How do you think the jury will vote -- guilty, not guilty or mistrial? (if mistrial: by what margin?)

#1 - Guilty!! :judge:

I think she's guilty for sure, but I'm not sure what the jury is going to do...For some, they just will not find guilty unless there is DNA or a video of the perp committing the crime. They just don't get that a huge chain of circumstantial evidence clearly shows that she had to be the one that did it. I mean, who else? Unless Mary did it herself...intentionally or accidentally. And that just doesn't make sense.

Guilty without a doubt. The jury asking for so much has me worried. It only takes one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Me too. Maybe they are just firming up their thoughts toward guilt.

Julia LeBlanc WUTR‏ @jleblanc_WUTR
Done with the dec. 21 interview. Now watching the February interview-the portion the jury requested

Stenographer now readings through Dr. Maraffas testimony where she talks about lethal doses of colchicine

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris
Clip finished. Now, readback of testimony from Dr. Marraffa, W. Yoder & A. Yoder. 1st, Marraffa testimony on lethal doses, onset of symptom

I vote GUILTY with not even a scintilla of doubt.

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 10m10 minutes ago

Jury just finished watching Dec 21st interview with police - now watching a much shorter portion of the Feb 6 interview.

This is the part of the interview where Conley talks to Inv. VanNamee about how Adam Yoder may have gone about poisoning his mother.

That video clip was much shorter, already done.

Now onto testimony read backs - starting with Dr. Jeanna Marraffa - about colchicine, it’s symptoms and what’s considered a toxic dose

sounds like they want to do the whole trial over again!!

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 4m4 minutes ago

Stenographer now reading the portion of Adam Yoder’s testimony about the Alpha Brain supplement Conley had given him.

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 3m3 minutes ago

Done reading from Adam’s testimony - now reading a portion from William Yoder’s testimony about when Mary typically took her supplements.

Jury also requested a portion from William’s cross examination about when Mary’s symptoms started on July 20, 2015.

Readback finished. Jury stepping down to resume deliberations

Judge asked attys, Conley, to go to his robing room

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 6m6 minutes ago

Read back is complete. Jury is being sent back to continue their deliberations.

added:

Judge meeting with attorneys and Conley

Anyone know until what time these people will be deliberating until? 4pm? 5pm??

TIA!

Wondering same Niner. I have to log off soon.

What saith we?

Pft not proven my bum! Guilty! If I was on that jury, I'd have reached that verdict faster than she could write adamisgay.

She's had a good run of playing the victim, her times up

tweet from yesterday

[video=twitter;926173191449600001]https://twitter.com/joleenferris/status/926173191449600001[/video]

I don't have the answer but they deliberated until 4:10 pm yesterday.

Atty for Observer Dispatch before court now. Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara at other podium. Talking about juror names

Judge: each juror's name read in open court. Your reporter could have written them down. She wasn't there.

Atty: if info already out there, that requires disclosure.

Attorney representing the Observer Dispatch is requesting a transcript of the jurors names. DA Scott McNamara is present

Atty argues it is public information

Dwyer says the jurors names were made public during jury selection-it's not his fault the reporter was not there to write down their names

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 4m4 minutes ago

Attorney for the Utica OD is making a request before the judge, DA Scott McNamara is here.

An OD reporter requested the names of the jury from the court - her request was denied

Judge says the reporter should have written down the names of the jurors during jury selection - they were read in open court

strange!

Thanks for the tweet from yesterday regarding the time Harmony! So another 20 minutes until 4pm. Guess I can hang around til then! :)

re Jurors' names:

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 1m1 minute ago

Judge says he says this would set a precedent and make future jurors fear participating in a trial.

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 1m1 minute ago

Judge asks DA Scott McNamara if he wants to comment - he does.

The prosecution opposes this Attorney’s request

McNamara - addresses are sensitive information - it sets a terrible precedent for jurors - “it would have a huge chilling effect.”

McNamara - jurors have the right to talk to anyone they want after the trial is over.

McNamara says if the judge releases juror information, it could lead to jury tampering and other negative effects.

Judge: “If you want the names, pay for transcript for the names that were said out loud in open court.” - denies their request

looks like just me and you Bravo! :wave: and 1 guest!

I'm thinking Harmony left....

Rocco LaDuca‏ @RoccoLaDuca 29m29 minutes ago

Judge Dwyer says this isn't an 'anonymous jury'- reporter could have got the names if she attended jury selection #Conleyretrial

"I just want you to know, nothing was hidden," Dwyer tells @uticaOD attorney Mike Grygiel #ConleyRetrial

Grygiel: If the names & info were released during jury selection, they should be provided now #ConleyRetrial

Judge: There is not an absolute right to those juror questionnaires. Grygiel: but there is a 1st amendment right... #ConleyRetrial

Grygiel: The absence of reporter at jury selection cannot justify later denial of names #ConleyRetrial

Judge then asks: "What do you want to do to these jurors? You tell me why you want the names of these jurors" #ConleyRetrial

Grygiel: Media have right to publish background stories on jurors, question the integrity of their questionnaires #ConleyRetrial

Judge's concern: "Do you think that would have chilling effect on jurors willing to serve, in your honest opinion?"https://twitter.com/hashtag/ConleyRetrial?src=hash

Looks like judge is going to release the jury for the weekend. Standby

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18