GUILTY NY - Dr. Mary Yoder, 60, fatally poisoned, Whitesboro, 22 July 2015 #2

Cara Thomas
‏ @CaraThomasNews
10m10 minutes ago

Bill says the best thing to do is keep Conley locked away for as long as possible - asking for max sentence.

Adam Yoder, Mary’s son, chooses to speak - he says his mother’s shoes are impossible to fill.

Adam says he wants the lies about his relationship with his mother, and the lies about his parents’ relationship to stop - he looks directly at Conley family.

Adam says his most unforgivable mistake, is introducing Conley to his family

“Make no mistake. I hate Kaitlyn Ann Conley because she murdered my mother.” - Adam

Adam says while he hates Katie, he hates himself even more.

DTRZnvLX0AAtBwF.jpg

Cara Thomas
‏ @CaraThomasNews
4m4 minutes ago

Now that family members are done speaking, defense is asking to call people to speak to refute what the Yoder family said.

Judge says Policelli can only have one person speak and only about the sentencing.

My laptop was acting up and I had to shut down and start again!!! :pcguru: Just letting you know why all the post here now! :D

Cara Thomas
‏ @CaraThomasNews
2m2 minutes ago

Policelli making arguments regarding how much Conley should be sentenced - asking one of Mary Yoder’s sisters to speak - ADA says he’s worried this will be an appellate issue.

Cara Thomas
‏ @CaraThomasNews
2m2 minutes ago

Jeannine King, Mary Yoder’s sister, speaks on the defense’s behalf, asking the judge for leniency and believes Conley was wrongfully convicted.

DTRc_WnUMAAWZwv.jpg

Really??? :eek: No way!!

Cara Thomas
‏ @CaraThomasNews
1m1 minute ago

Judge asks King, “If Adam Yoder was sitting in that chair, what would you want his sentence to be?” “I have no answer to that.”

Judge tells Policelli that he’s read ever letter that’s been sent to him on Conley’s behalf.

Cara Thomas
‏ @CaraThomasNews
2m2 minutes ago

Policelli reads from letters written on Conley’s behalf - describes the defendant as a kind and loving young woman.

“You could not ask for a more model citizen in society.” ~ Policelli

Yeah, a really model citizen that kills.....

Cara Thomas
‏ @CaraThomasNews
47s47 seconds ago

Policelli says everything said about Conley being a murderer is not relevant to this case based on the verdict the jury reached.

Huh? :thinking:

Policelli says he believes Conley should only be sentenced to 5 years.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Cara Thomas
‏ @CaraThomasNews
2m2 minutes ago

Kaitlyn Conley addresses the court. “With all respect to the justice system, I’m innocent.”

DTRfSgsVAAAuIGT.jpg

Cara Thomas
‏ @CaraThomasNews
2m2 minutes ago

Judge says he’s made his decision, says Mary Yoder suffered for 2 days.

Conley sentenced to 23 year determinate sentence.

DTRfrDoU8AM53sO.jpg

DTRf1pBU0AECVZr.jpg

My laptop was acting up and I had to shut down and start again!!! :pcguru: Just letting you know why all the post here now! :D

We all appreciate your hard work Niner -- and especially YOU! Much appreciation.

Well, nothing since that last tweet....

Guess I'll go make my dinner. If anymore pop up I will post!

Spectrum News CNY‏Verified account @SPECNewsCNY

Kaitlyn Conley's Defense Attorney Frank Policelli made a motion asking the judge to set aside the verdict before sentencing.

https://twitter.com/SPECNewsCNY/status/951473190227890177

(click X for sound on the clip- lower right hand side)

- In other words, he's calling the jurors irrational...:hand:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the tweets Niner.

found my answer.... this is for New York:

Determinate Sentences

Determinate sentences are sentences imposed for violent felonies. They are periods of incarceration in state prison. They include a single number that represents the time a person will spend in prison, and another number that represents a period of post release supervision. Post release supervision is another word for parole (created after New York politicians claimed they were eliminating parole for violent offenders, if memory serves). So the sentence may be described as something like "5 determinate, 2 1/2 post release supervision". On a determinate sentence a defendant has to serve 6/7 of the time before s/he can be released. Long story about what happens to that other 1/7. If a person on a determinate sentence is released s/he will then be under post release supervision,.

Kaitlyn Conley sentencing, Jan. 11, 2018

"Frank Policelli, attorney for Kaitlyn Conley, speaks on his clients behalf during her sentencing in Oneida County Court."

[video=youtube;ld7lIKPq7Tw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld7lIKPq7Tw[/video]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In this video, Kaitlyn Conley speaks in Oneida County Court just prior to being sentenced..."

[video=youtube;CNLAuRFIa5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNLAuRFIa5A[/video]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In this video, Oneida County Court Judge Michael Dwyer sentences Kaitlyn Conley to a determinate sentences of 23 years in prison and five years post release supervision. "

[video=youtube;pBwCUGYllH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBwCUGYllH8[/video]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In this video, Tamaryn Yoder, the daughter of Mary Yoder reads a victim impact statement at the sentencing of Kaitlyn Conley in Oneida County Court..."

[video=youtube;zJmEkixm31A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJmEkixm31A[/video]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somegirlinsf
Back