Found Deceased NY - Dr. Tamara Saukin, 44, Staten Island, 18 Nov 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since we have no idea why she voluntarily surrendered her license, a substance abuse problem is a large leap.
Sure, but she could close her practice, take time off, start a different practice, pursue a different line of work for awhile, etc, etc, etc without surrendering her license. The reasoning per the code suggests "incapacity". Even if she were rendered incapable to practice by stress or mental illness, I can't imagine her surrendering her license unless it was her only choice. So why would it be her only choice?

Sure, but she could close her practice, take time off, start a different practice, pursue a different line of work for awhile, etc, etc, etc without surrendering her license. The reasoning per the code suggests "incapacity". Even if she were rendered incapable to practice by stress or mental illness, I can't imagine her surrendering her license unless it was her only choice. So why would it be her only choice?
Maybe she had chosen a new road, an entirely different career and psychologically needed to close the gate behind her in order to move on.
GP practice is expensive, insurance, office, staff etc..
also she was dual trained, homeopath as well...
Maybe she did indeed have family issues that would require her full presence.
Maybe she wanted to get away from caring cos burnt out mentally and physically.
I know I took a career break from nursing to pursue an entirely different career and it was still a hook in me so I resigned, then I studied homeopathy which is almost antithetical to general medicine. Doing both at same time, as she did would have been very difficult though I know a lot of doctors do, they usually make a choice though after a period of time.
So much unknown here, so little info online that I can't even begin to speculate.
So far it appears that a woman, a doctor terminated her registration for reasons unknown.
A short while later, she disappeared without a trace on Nov, 18, 2020.

We may have to wait awhile...

No signs of foul play at this time in case of missing S.I. doctor, source says

Who reported her missing? She had already closed her practice, family?

Why did the police have helicopters out so quickly, searching the shorelines of the water in Clove Park? Was she reported to be suicidal? Why do they seem to have stopped on the ground searching?

What has she been doing from the time in the first of October when she stopped her practice to now?

Perhaps she signed herself into some sort of treatment center and HIPPA won't allow that information to be made public.
Perhaps the person who reported her missing did not know that she may have entered treatment.
MOO MOO MOO

No signs of foul play at this time in case of missing S.I. doctor, source says

Who reported her missing? She had already closed her practice, family?

Why did the police have helicopters out so quickly, searching the shorelines of the water in Clove Park? Was she reported to be suicidal? Why do they seem to have stopped on the ground searching?

What has she been doing from the time in the first of October when she stopped her practice to now?

Perhaps she signed herself into some sort of treatment center and HIPPA won't allow that information to be made public.
Perhaps the person who reported her missing did not know that she may have entered treatment.
MOO MOO MOO
We know nothing.

I reread the article and I cannot figure out why it would have been updated in 2019, last year, and what was changed from the original article. It seems like a run of the mill description on an accident, why update it?
That is curious, and hard to say. Maybe there was something disproven in the subsequent investigation that required correction, or an error was recently noted and corrected. Curious.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Surprising lack of new info on Twitter , an appeal with a telephone number for her family from an unverified account, but NO new information.
My thoughts are that she was possibly mugged...?
Given that no foul play is suspected, I highly doubt it. It seems extremely unlikely she'd surrender her license AND fall victim to foul play in just over a month's time. I'm thinking voluntary, and it looks like LE are too.

Given that no foul play is suspected, I highly doubt it. It seems extremely unlikely she'd surrender her license AND fall victim to foul play in just over a month's time. I'm thinking voluntary, and it looks like LE are too.
I just do not know.
I've never felt so clueless and lacking any instinct. Have searched social media, google and still, nothing.
She may be in hiding?
We have no confirmation that the park is the last place she was alive which is what is bothering me...
I'm not considering suicide at that location, a doctor has far more options that are relatively painless if her intent was to die.
Again, I'm wary of connecting her licence submission to her disappearance without further evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back