NY NY - Erika Pivkova, 26, Niagara Falls, Oct 28, 1998

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Vehicle found in Parking lot at Niagara Falls State Park

When I searched for information some time ago I have found she was originally from Eastern Europe, Slovakia.

I assume (so not a fact) that she might have come to US sometime after end of Cold War Era and Velvet Revolution in 1989 or afer 1993 when Czechoslovakia became two countries and people were for the first time allowed to travel abroad. Long term visas to US were given out around that time too.

I wonder if law enforcement does have her DNA on file. If all her family live abroad it would not be as easy to obtain as in other US missing person's cases.

@mtlupy, I think there is potentional that those remains could be her despite longer timeframe, but not possible yet to rule out, if her DNA is not on file. I would suggest to submit to authorities or NamUs for comparison. They might have access to other resources and information and even possibly to get her DNA to rule her out or in.

When I searched for information some time ago I have found she was originally from Eastern Europe, Slovakia.

I assume (so not a fact) that she might have come to US sometime after end of Cold War Era and Velvet Revolution in 1989 or afer 1993 when Czechoslovakia became two countries and people were for the first time allowed to travel abroad. Long term visas to US were given out around that time too.

I wonder if law enforcement does have her DNA on file. If all her family live abroad it would not be as easy to obtain as in other US missing person's cases.

Mtlupy, I think there is potentional that those remains could be her despite longer timeframe, but not possible yet to rule out, if her DNA is not on file. I would suggest to submit to authorities or NamUs for comparison. They might have access to other resources and information and even possibly to get her DNA to rule her out or in.

Will do tomorrow!

Bumping up one more time. Can't find additional information about her case, unfortunately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back