NY - Family of four found dead in basement of their Irondequoit home, 31 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmm. From the breadcrumbs provided, seems like one of the parents was involved in some stuff and screwed up big time. I'm gonna guess dad based on the fact that mom was exclusively praised by LE and a friend, and dad worked "far away" and, frankly... Has an iffy vibe on social media.

I wonder if a note was left. It seems sometimes gang vengeance murders involve some kind of aggressive message left at the scene.

Blaming the victims isn't right
You misunderstand me. I wasn't blaming the victims. I was saying that usually, when you hear the information about the circumstances we have heard, it IS a domestic violence murder, but they're being clear that this one ISN'T. That means that something about the crime scene shows this was very clearly homicide by an outside party. And that is a point of interest when discussing this case.

MOO

Firefighters had to put multiple fires - arson. Two possibilities: the husband, a third party.

Husband sounds unlikely. If a third party, what's the connection? Husband through friends and work associates? Media gives the impression that he was a good man. It's still possible that he knew someone who had strange thoughts of murdering children. Bundy looked like an intellectual.

Accident? Someone killed a family in the wrong house?

Definitely. And I have a guess who it might be.
IMHO
Two adults and two children were killed at home, arson destroyed the house.

The two adults were, by all accounts, a friendly couple with 2 pre-school children who invited neighbourhood children to attend their birthday parties.

Was one of the parents living a double life of friendly neighbour and family man or woman, and criminal?

Last edited:
You misunderstand me. I wasn't blaming the victims. I was saying that usually, when you hear the information about the circumstances we have heard, it IS a domestic violence murder, but they're being clear that this one ISN'T. That means that something about the crime scene shows this was very clearly homicide by an outside party. And that is a point of interest when discussing this case.

MOO
I agree, if it was a murder suicide, why would they need to cover up the crime wth a fire. It's not like they will have to answer to anyone if they are also deceased.

Last edited:
I agree, if it was a murder suicide, you wouldnt need to cover up the crime wth a fire. It's not like they will have to answer to anyone if they are also deceased.
It's not unheard of. The Broken Arrow case from a couple of years ago, for example. Some annihilators want to burn the scene, perhaps to make the appearance of an accidental fire scene. Ego and image are important to those guys, and they want to destroy everything but not have people think badly of them after they're gone.

But I think we're dealing with something different, here. Using fire to obscure a murder scene is something that isn't unheard of, or even that uncommon. The unsolved Freeman/Bible multiple murder/abduction, for example. People don't realise just how much evidence remains after a fire. Sure, a lot is lost, but much remains, and what remains often is plenty to secure convictions.

MOO

Processing of the crime scene took 2 days. That combined with the reaction of LE in the presser sounds like no ordinary crime scene. What a tragedy.

Jmo

It's not unheard of. The Broken Arrow case from a couple of years ago, for example. Some annihilators want to burn the scene, perhaps to make the appearance of an accidental fire scene. Ego and image are important to those guys, and they want to destroy everything but not have people think badly of them after they're gone.

But I think we're dealing with something different, here. Using fire to obscure a murder scene is something that isn't unheard of, or even that uncommon. The unsolved Freeman/Bible multiple murder/abduction, for example. People don't realise just how much evidence remains after a fire. Sure, a lot is lost, but much remains, and what remains often is plenty to secure convictions.

MOO
and there's that... so I can't disagree. Just seems like that would be more rare. I dont know anything about this family. Now I feel like Im totally speculating but Its a bit unnerving that torture was mentioned as well as the dad not being with the other 3, if it is true, I hope it wasnt that he had to watch. (oh that sounds terrible.) I watch too many movies.

Processing of the crime scene took 2 days. That combined with the reaction of LE in the presser sounds like no ordinary crime scene. What a tragedy.

Jmo
The fire would have complicated things. There would have been abatement that had to go on to prevent flare ups, but the air quality would have also restricted when or how long investigators could spend in the scene.

But I agree, I think they were being meticulous, here. When two of the victims are preschoolers, it does change how things are done. It makes people angry, makes them more determined than they might otherwise be to dot every I, cross every T.

And all eyes are upon them.

MOO

The fire would have complicated things. There would have been abatement that had to go on to prevent flare ups, but the air quality would have also restricted when or how long investigators could spend in the scene.

But I agree, I think they were being meticulous, here. When two of the victims are preschoolers, it does change how things are done. It makes people angry, makes them more determined than they might otherwise be to dot every I, cross every T.

And all eyes are upon them.

MOO
Yeah understandable. Do you know if the fire was also in the basement?

Two adults and two children were killed at home, arson destroyed the house.

The two adults were, by all accounts, a friendly couple with 2 pre-school children who invited neighbourhood children to attend their birthday parties.

Was one of the parents living a double life of friendly neighbour and family man or woman, and criminal?
Who knows. Not all that glitters is gold. Thus, I hope further investigation will show the truth. I can only hypothesize.

Yeah understandable. Do you know if the fire was also in the basement?
I don't think we know anything at this point except that there were multiple ignition points throughout the home.

No idea if any were in the basement.

No idea if any of the residents were alive when the fires were lit.

MOO

Oh, so dad has pictures of Osama bin Laden, a well known terrorist and militant leader, on his social media profiles? That isn't strange at all.

They were killed in a very brutal and "specific" way? Well, hmmm...

There was a very similar case a couple years back: a quadruple homicide occurred in Rochester. The people were killed in a very brutal way, and fires were set afterwards to contaminate the crime scene. Furthermore, it was later found out that the couple was involved in low level drug-dealing. Despite this, a clear motive has not been determined.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back