NY - Family of four found dead in basement of their Irondequoit home, 31 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No connection to the family is being reported (yet) that gives us a hint at the motive. That info will come soon, I have a feeling.
(Snipped)
Do we know if the family had ties to the Dominican Republic? If so, maybe it’s something like they spotted Julio Cesar Pimental-Soriano somewhere and Pimental-Soriano was afraid they would turn him in?

Last edited:

JULIO PIMENTEL-SORIANO​

Custody Record
Age 34
Gender Male
Race White
You are signed up for notifications

Record Details
Get Notified
Date of Birth Jul **, ****
Aliases RAFAEL JOSE VARGAS
ID Number604***
Custody Status Date Sep 07, 2024 07:23 PM EDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Monroe County Jail
Book Date Sep 07, 2024 06:11 PM EDT

130 Plymouth Ave. So
Rochester, NY 14614
(585) 753-4021
Reporting Agency
Monroe County Sheriff's Office
130 Plymouth Ave. So
Rochester, NY 14614
(585) 753-4021

1726253914619.png

Do we know if the family had ties to the Dominican Republic? If so, maybe it’s something like they spotted Julio Cesar Pimental-Soriano somewhere and Pimental-Soriano was afraid they would turn him in?
I don't know if they knew each other, but I don't think recognizing him would be a reason to murder an entire family. There is a large population from DR in that area so others could also potentially recognize him. My hunch is the tie is stronger than simply recognition, but, of course, we don't know yet.

jmo

Soriano was booked on Murder-2nd Degree charge, betting that will change

Murder is a Class A-1 felony, and a conviction can send you to prison for life without the possibility of parole. Like most crimes, there are different degrees of murder.

Murder in the Second Degree under NY law falls into several categories, any one of which can result in an arrest and murder charge.

1. Intentionally killing of another person (or a third party while attempting to kill the original target)
  2. Showing a “depraved indifference to human life” by acting so recklessly that someone died as a result
  3. Killing someone in the course of committing a felony such as burglary, robbery, arson, rape, or sexual abuse
  4. Killing someone under 11 by in a way that demonstrates an indifference to human life.
  5. Killing someone under 14 while committing an act of rape, sexual abuse, or criminal sexual act
Murder in the Second Degree is punishable by 15 to 25 years to life in a state prison and may, in certain circumstances, have an even greater period of incarceration.

Murder in the First Degree is charged differently in New York than in some other states. Not only must it be proven that you intended to kill the victim, you must also be at least 18 when the crime was committed and elements like the following must be satisfied.

• The intended victim was a police officer, judge or other law enforcement figure acting in the course of their duties or
  • You were serving a life sentence when you killed the other person or
  • The victim was intentionally killed while you were committing or leaving the scene of a felony or
  • You caused someone to die under torture or committed an act of terror or
  • The murder was for hire
At present, the penalty for murder in the first degree is life in prison without parole or imprisonment for 20 to 25 years to life.

I don't know if they knew each other, but I don't think recognizing him would be a reason to murder an entire family. There is a large population from DR in that area so others could also potentially recognize him. My hunch is the tie is stronger than simply recognition, but, of course, we don't know yet.

jmo
I completely agree, just being very victim-friendly in my statements. This smells like Dominican narco-trafficking, and quieting someone who knew too much.

This article has a little more info than I’ve seen so far, but correct me if I’m wrong.

It contains information from the investigator’s written testimony submitted to court. Things that stand out to me:
  • All four were found in the basement (I know there was discussion on pages back in the thread)
  • Arrested suspect is accused of stabbing all four victims in the chest and neck multiple times
  • He was identified through interviews with civilian informants, and from review of video recorded during the crime. The origins of that video or its contents were not specified.
  • Investigators seem to believe there is a motive and are still looking into it, as well as looking for others who may have been involved.
The video recording detail if accurate is interesting yet horrifying. Possibly Interior home security camera, a victim’s phone, or perpetrators themselves filming to add to the trauma, all seem like plausible scenarios.

Must also explain how they seem confident more people are involved.

Investigators say they believe there’s a motive. From a quick social media search, both mom and dad seemed like well liked, humble people in their community. Could be a million nefarious things IMO, took a bad loan, made a bad car purchase, sold a faulty item, saw something at work he shouldn’t have and then was threatened. This last one has made me think a bit.

By killing an entire family in a small quiet neighborhood? Why not just kill FU while he's out somewhere and not at home with his wife and kids? Who else is this meant to warn?

By killing an entire family in a small quiet neighborhood? Why not just kill FU while he's out somewhere and not at home with his wife and kids? Who else is this meant to warn?
Unfortunately all types of organized crime has operated like this for well over a hundred years at this point—involving innocent family members. If it’s for no one else directly, the warning is for any other random citizen to know not to cross their criminal org. The reputation precedes itself and makes sure that people will pay back their loan sharks, or doesn’t speak to LE, or whatever the conflict is, regardless of how egregious the terms are.

All signs seem to be pointing at that man arrested so far is very likely a hit man and not the individual who was crossed in this situation. He’s doing someone else’s bidding and for whatever reason his brain has wired to have no problem afflicting undue violence onto innocent inviduals who have no relation to him.

From wording it seems like LE has a picture of why this happened, hopefully answers are released.

• <modsnip: copyright> …the other two related to his participation in an "association formed ... for the purpose of preparing or committing crimes against people or against property."
<more at link>

Last edited by a moderator:
This article has a little more info than I’ve seen so far, but correct me if I’m wrong.

It contains information from the investigator’s written testimony submitted to court. Things that stand out to me:
  • All four were found in the basement (I know there was discussion on pages back in the thread)
  • Arrested suspect is accused of stabbing all four victims in the chest and neck multiple times
  • He was identified through interviews with civilian informants, and from review of video recorded during the crime. The origins of that video or its contents were not specified.
  • Investigators seem to believe there is a motive and are still looking into it, as well as looking for others who may have been involved.
The video recording detail if accurate is interesting yet horrifying. Possibly Interior home security camera, a victim’s phone, or perpetrators themselves filming to add to the trauma, all seem like plausible scenarios.

Investigators say they believe there’s a motive. From a quick social media search, both mom and dad seemed like well liked, humble people in their community. Could be a million nefarious things IMO, took a bad loan, made a bad car purchase, sold a faulty item, saw something at work he shouldn’t have and then was threatened. This last one has made me think a bit.
It's possible the perp (or accomplice?) videoed the crime as well, though more likely cameras in the home. I'm so sad to hear the children were also violently attacked and family members were likely aware of what was happening to the others - and it's understandable why LE was so upset during that early press conference. What a monster to be able to do this.

jmo

Unfortunately all types of organized crime has operated like this for well over a hundred years at this point—involving innocent family members. If it’s for no one else directly, the warning is for any other random citizen to know not to cross their criminal org. The reputation precedes itself and makes sure that people will pay back their loan sharks, or doesn’t speak to LE, or whatever the conflict is, regardless of how egregious the terms are.

All signs seem to be pointing at that man arrested so far is very likely a hit man and not the individual who was crossed in this situation. He’s doing someone else’s bidding and for whatever reason his brain has wired to have no problem afflicting undue violence onto innocent inviduals who have no relation to him.

From wording it seems like LE has a picture of why this happened, hopefully answers are released.
Could very well be, though I do recall the horrific case in D.C. where four people (two parents, their son, and a housekeeper) were viciously killed in their home and it was set on fire by a perp who wanted money from them. It was not a gang or crime ring situation. The D.C. family was very wealthy, but it could be this NY family was known to have a stash of cash or other valuables too. idk

My hunch is organized crime of some sort and this was a hit, but it could be something else we don't know about yet.

jmo

What/Who exactly is a civilian informant and how would it play into this particular investigation?

What/Who exactly is a civilian informant and how would it play into this particular investigation?
It's a snitch. A CI is someone who shares or trades information with cops, often in exchange for leniency.

Though to be fair, a lot of criminals have personal moral codes about not hurting kids, so this information may have been offered up as a freebie.

MOO

It's a snitch. A CI is someone who shares or trades information with cops, often in exchange for leniency.

Though to be fair, a lot of criminals have personal moral codes about not hurting kids, so this information may have been offered up as a freebie.

MOO
I know generally what an informant is, to be more specific - the arrest was made partially due to an informant identifying JCPS. So this guy is known by others, either in the DR or local community. Which means there is likely some type of "organization/association" that he's a part of not just in the DR, but locally too (reference post#111 and the two charges from the DR).

In addition, one news story said JCPS has family in the Rochester area.

So JMO, Fraime likely had knowledge of some type of activity, JCPS was involved in. Perhaps Fraime himself was a civilian informant? That could make sense?

Where did Fraime work?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlacath
Back