NY – Ex POTUS Donald Trump, sued by E. Jean Carroll, DT found liable re sexual assault, $5M award, countersuit dismissed, appeal rejected, 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember when the access hollywood tape came out. I had gone to meet a friend a a theater and I recall hearing about it, and hearing the actual audio played on the radio, and just sitting in my car, crying. IIRC, he was running for the nomination at that point and I remember feeling just totally deflated and sad. Part of me is sad that I gave him any power to upset me like that, but a bigger part of me knows that's not it at all. That tape is triggering to me, and reminds me of when I knew for sure we were heading in a different direction in this country.
I felt the same way. My first emotion was terror, then incredible sadness and finally the rage. Guess which lasted?

(Eric) Trump rejects the suggestion that his father is in hiding in Scotland and Ireland due to his legal difficulties back home.

“I’m not going into that claim,” he says of the Carroll allegations, before adding: “Does he look like he’s in hiding?

“Excuse me, he came to Ireland for 24 hours, he just did a press conference for you on the first green of a golf course, does that look like he’s in hiding? C’mon.”

Asked why Trump was not submitting a defence, after his lawyers had indicated in the New York court they would not be calling any witnesses, his son says: “What do you think his people are doing right now?”

Former US president Donald Trump said he cut his trip to Ireland short so he could return to “confront” his accuser in a New York civil rape case, which he described as a “political attack”.

Mr Trump departed Shannon Airport at approximately 5.30pm on Thursday after arriving in Ireland one day earlier.

In each instance, Trump implied that he didn’t find his accuser physically attractive, and he acknowledged that implication in the video.

In Carroll’s case, Trump said: “She’s not my type,” but the jury saw that claim take a hit when Trump mistook Carroll with his ex-wife Marla Maples in the video.

“That’s Marla, yeah,” Trump could be seen commenting, apparently referring to Carroll. “That’s my wife.”

The photograph, seen in the deposition, showed Trump, Carroll, and then-spouses Ivana Trump and John Johnson. Trump was referring to the woman standing next to Johnson, who was Carroll.

As an afterthought, Trump claimed the photograph was “blurry.”

Jumping at the error, Carroll’s attorney Roberta Kaplan asked Trump: “I take it the three women you married are all your type?”

Trump answered in the affirmative.

No fewer than four times, Trump has been seen by jurors disparaging the attractiveness of women who appeared in court. In another video, Trump said of Leeds: “She would not be my first choice.”

At a rally, Trump jeered Stoynoff to a roaring crowd by saying: “Look at her. Look at her words. You tell me. What do you think? I don’t think so.”

The fourth woman who’s appearance Trump disparaged was Carroll’s lawyer: Kaplan.

“You wouldn’t be a choice of mine, either, to be honest,” he said during the deposition. “I hope you’re not insulted.”

“I wouldn’t, in any circumstances, have any interest in you,” Trump added.
He should talk about looks!--- Sorry Donald, who are you to disparage any woman's looks! -- I have wondered how Melania has gotten thru her marriage. He was once a decent looking man- he now looks like a bloated dirigible!!! All I can say there is no amount of money that would encourage me to let him put one of his tiny fingers on any part of me---ewwwwww

(Eric) Trump rejects the suggestion that his father is in hiding in Scotland and Ireland due to his legal difficulties back home.

“I’m not going into that claim,” he says of the Carroll allegations, before adding: “Does he look like he’s in hiding?

“Excuse me, he came to Ireland for 24 hours, he just did a press conference for you on the first green of a golf course, does that look like he’s in hiding? C’mon.”

Asked why Trump was not submitting a defence, after his lawyers had indicated in the New York court they would not be calling any witnesses, his son says: “What do you think his people are doing right now?”

But is Russia a stop on his trip?

Speaking in Ireland, Mr Trump described Judge Kaplan as a “rough judge”.

“He doesn’t like me very much, he was appointed by Bill Clinton,” he said.

“It’s a disgrace but we have to do it, it’s a part of life.

“It’s a fake claim like all the other claims, just like ‘Russia Russia Russia’.”

He claimed Ms Carroll was a “Democrat” and that the lawsuit was a “political scam”.

“Because of that I have to leave Ireland and I have to leave Scotland where I have great properties, I have to leave early.

“I don’t have to but I choose to.”

The judge should probably address these comments.

Last edited:

Repairing the damage to writer E. Jean Carroll's reputation caused by then-President Donald Trump's Oct. 12, 2022, social media post that allegedly defamed her could cost up to $2.7 million, a marketing expert told the jury Thursday on the last day of testimony in Carroll's defamation and battery case against the former president.

Northwestern University professor Ashlee Humphrey testified Thursday that Trump's post, in which he called Carroll's claim a "con job," was viewed between 13 and 18 million times, and she estimated that about 5 million users believed its content.

Humphreys told the jury that although Trump posted his statement solely on his Truth Social platform, "it appeared widely" throughout the mass media.

On cross-examination, Humphreys agreed that Trump's views of Carroll's rape allegation were well-known by the time he made the post in October 2022.

"The horse was kind of out of the barn," defense attorney Perry Brandt said.

The judge in the Carroll trial says he will allow Trump's lawyer until 5pm on Sunday to make a motion "on behalf of Mr. Trump to reopen his case for the purpose and the sole purpose of testifying as a witness in this case."

But I thought he said the trial was so going so great for him?

This should be an easy win for Carroll as it stands, for any objective jury, and if Trump testifies it will only make it easier. There's no way he will, the last thing he wants to do is answer questions where he's not in control. And questions he can't answer in any sensible way.

This should be an easy win for Carroll as it stands, for any objective jury, and if Trump testifies it will only make it easier. There's no way he will, the last thing he wants to do is answer questions where he's not in control. And questions he can't answer in any sensible way.
Exactly. He won’t put on his big boy pants and say these things to her face, just behind computer screens and in front of what’s left of his adoring ‘fans’. MOO

Repairing the damage to writer E. Jean Carroll's reputation caused by then-President Donald Trump's Oct. 12, 2022, social media post that allegedly defamed her could cost up to $2.7 million, a marketing expert told the jury Thursday on the last day of testimony in Carroll's defamation and battery case against the former president.

Northwestern University professor Ashlee Humphrey testified Thursday that Trump's post, in which he called Carroll's claim a "con job," was viewed between 13 and 18 million times, and she estimated that about 5 million users believed its content.

Humphreys told the jury that although Trump posted his statement solely on his Truth Social platform, "it appeared widely" throughout the mass media.

On cross-examination, Humphreys agreed that Trump's views of Carroll's rape allegation were well-known by the time he made the post in October 2022.

"The horse was kind of out of the barn," defense attorney Perry Brandt said.

Trump’s earlier denials caused even more reputational harm, Humphreys said, as when Trump claimed that he had never met Carroll and when he said she was “totally lying” just after she went public in June 2019.

Those estimates could be a factor if the jury finds that Trump defamed Carroll and must weigh monetary damages. She is seeking an unspecified amount of money and a retraction of Trump statements that she alleges were defamatory.

When E Jean Carroll wins, I wonder what her requested apology (retraction) is going to look like.

He is such a stupid idiot. I guess women can only be raped if they're considered attractive by the rapist.

Yeah, like all these women were raped because they were so attractive.

The worst part of the issue of elderly women being raped is that you can arbitrarily enter an age: 81, 86, 77 it seems you always get a result.

Unless you are a moron (here's looking at you Donnie) rape and sexual assault have nothing to do with physical attraction it has to do with power.

I remember when the access hollywood tape came out. I had gone to meet a friend a a theater and I recall hearing about it, and hearing the actual audio played on the radio, and just sitting in my car, crying. IIRC, he was running for the nomination at that point and I remember feeling just totally deflated and sad. Part of me is sad that I gave him any power to upset me like that, but a bigger part of me knows that's not it at all. That tape is triggering to me, and reminds me of when I knew for sure we were heading in a different direction in this country.
I'm pretty sure that when I heard about it, I felt relieved in a way.

I mean, disgusted at what he said, but we all know there are men who think and talk that way, and I had hope the #metoo movement was calling them to account.

But relieved because I [naïvely] thought the release of the tape with those offensive comments would spell the failure of his run for office. Sigh...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead
Back