VERDICT WATCH NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
21min

Cross-examination continues after the conclusion of afternoon recess. Pagliuca turns to Carolyn's history of alcohol and drug use, a subject anticipated by the prosecution's direct examination.

3min

Pagliuca refers to Carolyn's previous testimony in litigation:
Q: Did you ever have sexual intercourse with Mr. Epstein?
A: No.
She interjects about the exchange: "I replied 'No' because I was not a willing participant. He had sex with me and I stopped it."

1min

Pagliuca asks Carolyn whether it's true she never mentioned Maxwell in therapy. Correct, she replies.

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
21min

Cross-examination continues after the conclusion of afternoon recess. Pagliuca turns to Carolyn's history of alcohol and drug use, a subject anticipated by the prosecution's direct examination.

3min

Pagliuca refers to Carolyn's previous testimony in litigation:
Q: Did you ever have sexual intercourse with Mr. Epstein?
A: No.
She interjects about the exchange: "I replied 'No' because I was not a willing participant. He had sex with me and I stopped it."

1min

Pagliuca asks Carolyn whether it's true she never mentioned Maxwell in therapy. Correct, she replies.

Did Carolyn have sexual intercourse with GM?
If GM wasn't even the one who introduced her to JE, seems like another weak witness. This would be perfect if it were JE's trial.

Ghislaine Maxwell trial: Live updates from Day 7

Federal prosecutors told Judge Alison Nathan that the government expects to rest its case against Ghislaine Maxwell this week.

Proceedings are moving faster than expected, with prosecutors previously saying it would take three weeks to present their case, not two. The trial was anticipated to last six weeks total.

Prosecutors said they will not be calling a witness named Brian after it was revealed he spoke to another witness, his sister “Jane,” who was the first of Maxwell’s accusers to testify.

#Breaking: In #GhislaineMaxwell trial, US just said they may be resting their case THIS WEEK - that is, after two weeks instead of the five to six weeks they projected. Inner City Press has live tweeted the afternoon session, cross examination of survivor Carolyn: https://t.co/OKhQL8oGQ4

— Inner City Press (@innercitypress) December 7, 2021
Interesting. It occurred to me this morning that this is the 3rd witness already. Kept wondering why it would take so many weeks.
What are everyone's thoughts? Has the prosecution proved their case?
Haven't followed consistently yet, IMO, all these women are credible. Damaged before, during and after. The grooming process was so apparent.
Have we heard the make up of the jury?
What's your take?
MOO.

Interesting. It occurred to me this morning that this is the 3rd witness already. Kept wondering why it would take so many weeks.
What are everyone's thoughts? Has the prosecution proved their case?
Haven't followed consistently yet, IMO, all these women are credible. Damaged before, during and after. The grooming process was so apparent.
Have we heard the make up of the jury?
What's your take?
MOO.

Textbook grooming, right?! I think the prosecution has a very strong case; why they didn't make a fuss when the witness was dismissed today. I found the victims completely credible.

I'm interested in what the defense is planning. Madame Maxwell is not someone I can muster one iota of sympathy for.

And BTW, thanks for all the Tweets today, everyone!

moo

Can anyone explain why a clearly sex addict was elevated to this power position?? Reading these posts are disgusting. He's a pervert with power and money but where did it all come from??? That's the million dollar question. And Maxwell needs to rot in prison for the rest of her life.

Is Maxwell responsible here, or Epstein, or Virginia Guiffre? Is Maxwell responsible for the actions of Giuffre and Epstein?

Giuffre introduced her to Epstein, and Giuffre introduced her to sex with Epstein.

"Named in the Maxwell indictment as "Minor Victim 4", she was introduced to the wealthy duo by Virginia Roberts (now Giuffre), one of Epstein's most vocal accusers.

The witness testified that she had dropped out of school after the seventh grade and was in need of money.

Upon their first visit to Epstein's Florida home, both girls participated in a massage that ended with Ms Roberts having sex with their host while Carolyn allegedly watched.

She claimed Ms Maxwell paid her $300 "
Ghislaine Maxwell: Jury sees never-before-seen photos of Epstein and defendant

Giuffre was age 17 when she met Epstein. She met Victim 4 through her boyfriend's friend when Victim 4 was 14 years old. If Giuffre was 17 years old when she recruited Victim 4, then Giuffre learned how to recruit victims quickly.

Maxwell did not recruit and groom Victim 4. That was 100% Giuffre.

"She met Epstein when she was 14 through her boyfriend Shawn, who was 17.

Shawn was friends with Tony Figueroa who was dating Virginia Roberts ...

Carolyn said that the four of them used to hang out and 'smoke pot' until one day Roberts brought up Epstein.

Carolyn said: 'Virginia asked me if I wanted to go make money.'

Carolyn added that Roberts said: 'We were going to go to her friend's house in Palm Beach island…I would give him a massage. I was going to make a lot of money'."
Epstein had photo of Ghislaine Maxwell naked and PREGNANT, accuser reveals | Daily Mail Online

If Maxwell is guilty of Epstein exploiting Minor Victim 4, even though Giuffre recruited her, does Giuffre have some responsibility as well?

Would appear so. All caught up in some distasteful triangle.some obviously more vulnerable than others.

The jury will have to decide whether these girls were prey or willing to gain or buck. Sorry if that seems harsh.

Ghislaine Maxwell family seeking food, soap for sister as trial continues
The restraints cause bruising, broken skin and other "unnecessary trauma," the family said.

Ghislaine Maxwell's family has written to Attorney General Merrick B. Garland requesting that authorities stop using four-point restraints to shackle her hands, waist and feet when she is moved from a holding cell to the courtroom, and that she receive a food pack and a bar of soap each day. The family also asked that she be allowed to meet with her attorneys for at least 30 minutes before and after each day's proceedings.

Ghislaine Maxwell family seeking food, soap for sister as trial continues
Ah poor GM, did she care about 14 year old girls pain! Family all must be like her

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? VG was groomed by GM and JE - but who (probably) groomed GM? And who (possibly) groomed JE? Where did it all start? Who is really responsible? Can we really say that one person is guilty, and another not? Should perpetrators be held accountable once they reach a certain age, regardless of having been groomed? If they feel are victims, why can they not see what they are doing to others? I despair of ever knowing in my own heart and mind just who is guilty, and who isn't.

Last edited:
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? VG was groomed by GM and JE - but who (probably) groomed GM? And who (possibly) groomed JE? Where did it all start? Who is really responsible? Can we really say that one person is guilty, and another not? Should perpetrators be held accountable once they reach a certain age, regardless of having been groomed? If they feel are victims, why can they not see what they are doing to others? I despair of ever knowing in my own heart and mind just who is guilty, and who isn't.

Not every abused child grows up to abuse others. Not every adult abuser was abused as a child. Sometimes people are just shockingly sexually attracted to children and teens - I don't understand it but I don't understand how parents can intentionally hurt their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321