VERDICT WATCH NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@KlasfeldReports
·
51m

New— Ghislaine Maxwell can call a "false memory" expert who testified for Harvey Weinstein, Robert Durst, O.J. Simpson and others in her upcoming trial. The judge will bar some of her testimony. Details are currently sealed.

FEzaET2WUAMaSC2

@KlasfeldReports
·
51m

New— Ghislaine Maxwell can call a "false memory" expert who testified for Harvey Weinstein, Robert Durst, O.J. Simpson and others in her upcoming trial. The judge will bar some of her testimony. Details are currently sealed.

FEzaET2WUAMaSC2

MOO *in the voice of the late Norm MacDonald via SNL Weekend Update* "O.J. - acquittal doesn't count - guilty! Harvey - guilty! Some other guy - guilty! Ghislaine Maxwell - you fill in the blank!"

MOO: Hiring 'experts' and lawyers who take on these type of characters doesn't look good for the defendant and may negatively influence the jury.

Attachments

Attachments

Last edited:
All of these victims had troubled childhood and youth.
None of them is "crystal clear".

I bet GM team is busy searching and x-raying their past.

Well, 1 is neutralised, so 3 left to go - I dont think it is right.

These sort of victims invariably have a troubled background and are easy prey for people like Epstein and his associates. It's more than disturbing, it's horrific.

It's not a stretch to think that if the victim was sex trafficked and repeatedly sexually assaulted, that just may have something to do with turning to drugs, imo.

It's such blatant victim blaming and what aboutitsm by the defense. The trial is about Ghislaine Maxwell facilitating sex trafficking. Not what the victims were doing five years later.

MOO

Absolutely to both paras.

MOO *in the voice of the late Norm MacDonald via SNL Weekend Update* "O.J. - acquittal doesn't count - guilty! Harvey - guilty! Some other guy - guilty! Ghislaine Maxwell - you fill in the blank!"

MOO: Hiring 'experts' and lawyers who take on these type of characters doesn't look good for the defendant and may negatively influence the jury.

The question is ... will the jury be aware of this. Probably not.

her family do like to reach high, her dad got what amounted to an almost state funeral in Israel, so why not ask the UN to help her out,

If you're going to go for it, may as well aim high, right? :rolleyes:

I don't think there is any chance she'll get bail. She's the very definition of high flight risk, and she was in hiding when she was arrested, and had been for how long? Even with all the restrictions and security, bottom line, she's a flight risk and will remain one. If she gets out, she'll be gone, end of.

And as far as the jail conditions, boo hoo. I can think of ten countries off the top of my head that have jails that are truly inhumane. It's jail, not a day spa for bad girls.

I think her defense is getting very nervous. It's clear from reading her depositions from JE's case, she is a master of deflection, deception, selective memory and hours upon hours of coaching from her legal team. The prosecution spent a long time building this case, I am sure it's very strong.

all MOO obv

ETA: If you haven't read those depositions, I posted them earlier in the thread. They are TEE DEE US, but worth reading a few pages to get the feel. There are literally stretches of ten, 12 pages, of nothing but back and forth and nitpicking of every word in every sentence. She twists every question and dances on the head on a pin. She could teach a master class.

Bit about today's pre-trial conference.
_____

Maxwell was in the courtroom Tuesday, exchanging greetings with her team of lawyers and occasionally sipping from a disposable coffee cup as her legal team hashed out trial logistics with the group of four prosecutors.

Among the issues raised was that Maxwell’s attorneys have subpoenaed a lawyer who represents a victim in the case, identified in the indictment against Maxwell as “Minor Victim-4.”

Nathan ordered Maxwell’s attorneys to submit briefs about the potential witness — and said she would not allow the testimony until she has reviewed the briefing.

According to the indictment, Maxwell met the victim when she was 14 years old at Jeffrey Epstein’s Palm Beach mansion sometime around 2001.

She then “groomed” the teen by discussing sexual topics in front of her and being present when the teen was naked in the massage room of Epstein’s house, prosecutors charged.

Maxwell also sent the teen lingerie and helped arrange appointments for her to give Epstein sexualized massages, according to the indictment.

Her attorneys did not discuss why they want the victim’s lawyer to testify at the trial.

No plea deal for Ghislaine Maxwell ahead of trial next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member