GUILTY NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@SDNYnews

@EricaByfield4NY

https://twitter.com/EricaByfield4NY/status/1476316797620080641
Maxwell trial. US Attorney Damian Williams. “The road to justice has been far too long. But, today, justice has been done. I want to commend the bravery of the girls – now grown women – who stepped out of the shadows and into the courtroom.”

[URL='https://twitter.com/EricaByfield4NY']“Their courage and willingness to face their abuser made this case, and today’s result, possible. This Office will always stand with victims, will always follow the facts wherever they lead, and will always fight to ensure that no one… is above the law.”
[/URL]
Video statement of US Attorney Damian Williams on the guilty verdict in US v. Ghislaine Maxwell
U S v Ghislaine Maxwell Verdict Statement - YouTube

@jkbjournalist
Maxwell did not look at the jury as it filed in the court at 5 pm. As the verdict was read Maxwell struggled to stand, but said nothing.

@MarlonEttingerHer lawyer — Jeffrey Pagliuca —placed his arm around Maxwell’s shoulders. She barely looked at her family as she was led out of the court by the federal marshals.
Ghislaine was shaky after the verdict. She poured herself a glass of water after the verdict was read out.
FHzu5OiXMAIf7x0

Raising my small little glass, to all victims of sexual predators. There is Justice!
Good *first step*. There has to be sentencing, (let's see if there is teeth in this), and then of course the appeal. However, today we celebrate. I tip my virtual hat to the Prosecution.

Amateur opinion and speculation

m
could someone post the details of the one charge she was not found guilty of. sorry I'm not fit to do that now.

For you, Chelly :
this is the ONLY count Maxwell was found not guilty on: "COUNT TWO: Enticement of an Individual Under the Age of 17 (Jane only) to Travel with Intent to Engage in Illegal Sexual Activity."

I'd love to know what her demeanor was like hearing GUILTY
Me too! Was she smiling, laughing, staring down the jury, sketching them and throwing her arm over the chair in disbelief ?
I do feel for her family whom, IMO, think she is innocent.
But, after hearing such incriminating testimony, knew she was going down.
Next question. How many years are we talking about?
MOO.

Maxwell, 60, appeared shaken, she sipped a cup of water then slumped back in her chair. She did not shed a tear.

Her lawyer — Jeffrey Pagliuca —placed his arm around Maxwell’s shoulders. She barely looked at her family as she was led out of the court by the federal marshals.

https://twitter.com/jkbjournalist

May she be "shaken" for the rest of her life, like her victims were shaken.

Me too! Was she smiling, laughing, staring down the jury, sketching them and throwing her arm over the chair in disbelief ?
I do feel for her family whom, IMO, think she is innocent.
But, after hearing such incriminating testimony, knew she was going down.
Next question. How many years are we talking about?
MOO.
A lot of years I think. For the 6th count -- sex trafficking of minors -- the max sentence is 40 years. Ghislaine Maxwell trial: What are the charges and what sentence could she face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop