GUILTY NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the government would love to know who Jeff's "friends" are. Maybe government already knows, but this is still a federal case. Who better to know what really went on? Maxwell is in a unique position of not having much to loose.

But too late for her. Federal sentencing won't change. She would end up in protective custody if she becomes an informant, not worth it. Protective custody is isolaion, prison within a prison.

She could still testify in other cases. Federal prisoners can be called as witnesses. She belongs to the BOP now.

But too late for her. Federal sentencing won't change. She would end up in protective custody if she becomes an informant, not worth it. Protective custody is isolaion, prison within a prison.

She could still testify in other cases. Federal prisoners can be called as witnesses. She belongs to the BOP now.
OK. You have convinced me. Kaput to GM.

But, what if it is not too late? She bet on winning and she lost. She's been convicted. But doesn't she still have a trump card or two?

To help convict others yes, be a witness to other crimes, but it won't reduce her sentence, federal sentences have a certain point system they calculate on, there are parameters the judge must abide by in sentencing.

Her ship has sailed, her future is set. Her money can get her something in sentencing, like Clare Bronfman, a much larger restitution $.

Last edited:
Would the government need her help to bring charges against anyone else

They have the unredacted black books flight logs victim affidavits and Epstein’s Non Prosecution Agreement

She couldn’t handle a cross examination

Ghislaine Maxwell Is a Tricky Monster—but She Didn’t Fool the Jury

But while this case may have involved jet-setting millionaires, it was no different from the seedy cases of human trafficking that occur every day in America.

Throughout the three-week trial, the defense used the scapegoat defense, pointing to the figurative empty chair that would have been occupied by Epstein, had he not taken his own life in 2019 while in federal custody in this case. Maxwell’s attorneys cast Epstein as the driving force behind the trafficking scheme. That may have been true, but that did not mean exoneration for Maxwell.

In fact, the evidence at trial showed that she was an essential component of the scheme.

It was Maxwell who recruited and groomed the victims, earned their trust, and normalized sexual behavior so that they could be exploited. She was, as prosecutors argued, “the key to the whole operation.” Her motive for assisting Epstein? Prosecutors pointed to the $30 million Epstein paid her between 1999 and 2007.

The term “sex trafficking” conjures the image of a victim being kidnapped, bound and caged against one’s will. In fact, more often, predators use lies and deception to entice vulnerable victims to trust them before engaging in sexual abuse.

As an expert witness testified at the trial, the grooming process may involve giving gifts, building trust and attachment through expressions of concern, bringing up sexual topics in conversation, and slowly escalating sexual interactions

Tricky Monster !!! Ba- byeeeeeee!!!

Wrapping this up for the night.
Ms. Maxwell is back in her familiar cell.
No turtle necks, wool pants, clipboards, notebooks, sketch pads, hugs and high fives with her attorneys.
Back at home sweet home. Multiple body searches.(How demeaning must that be?) Is this the way her victims felt?
Prison togs, lights on every 15 minutes 24/7.
Bad food, overflowing toilet.
Did I leave anything out?
How comforted her victims must be pondering this.
MOO.

The rats. Don’t forget the rats.

@ajdukakis

Former US Attorney Geoffrey Berman, who brought the original 2019 indictment against Epstein, in his first public comment about the Maxwell case (or anything else since he left office) told
@ABC
News “I congratulate the prosecution team for delivering justice for the victims”

Statement on #GhislaineMaxwell verdict from attorney for “Jane”

Attachments

• F6F504B8-2BC8-4370-8A7E-6B0C32DE61E1.jpeg
    F6F504B8-2BC8-4370-8A7E-6B0C32DE61E1.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 22
This doesn't bode well for Prince Andrew....maybe Ghislaine can bargain for a reduced sentence if she cooperates in his trial. (LOL).

I disagree (even though I don't want to!).
There are so many powerful people behind Ghislaine that she will find a way out of her sentence. JMO.
None of Trump, Clinton, Gates, Prince Charles, Dershowitz, etc., etc. will ever be held to account.

Interestingly (and disappointedly) NPR's article about the jury verdict only mentioned Democrats. No mention of Trump, Dershowitz or Prince Andrew. Makes me wonder. Is NPR tainted now as well???

ETA: To be clear, I want to know which, and all, scumbags participated in this. I have no expectations that we will find out.

Last edited:
I disagree (even though I don't want to!).
There are so many powerful people behind Ghislaine that she will find a way out of her sentence. JMO.
None of Trump, Clinton, Gates, Prince Charles, Dershowitz, etc., etc. will ever be held to account.

Interestingly (and disappointedly) NPR's article about the jury verdict only mentioned Democrats. No mention of Trump, Dershowitz or Prince Charles. Makes me wonder. Is NPR tainted now as well???

ETA: To be clear, I want to know which, and all, scumbags participated in this. I have no expectations that we will find out.

Prince Charles? Do you mean Prince Andrew?

To help convict others yes, be a witness to other crimes, but it won't reduce her sentence, federal sentences have a certain point system they calculate on, there are parameters the judge must abide by in sentencing.

Her ship has sailed, her future is set. Her money can get her something in sentencing, like Clare Bronfman, a much larger restitution $.

What do you mean by her money can get her something in sentencing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member