NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Regardless if Andrew would have been considered a person of trust according to the 2003 law, the incident happened in 2001 and the 2001 UK law did not provide protection for sex trafficked victims above the age of 16..no law of protection equals no crime for the police to investigate.
Thank goodness the law is different in the US and Maxwell has to answer for her actions via criminal trial and Virginia can seek justice from those that abused her.

Something that occured to me about this she hasnt actually faced anyone in a criminal trial has she? only civil?

but he hasnt said any of that. To start with he denied it said anything about sex abuse and only changing his mind after the Daily Mail called him out on that. At that point he said if he had seen it...he would have answered honestly which raises the question. Did he or not answer honestly? By his own words...he said he rushed through the questions...we can only go by his words to be honest.
It sounds to me like he doesn't remember. That's exactly the kind of thing I am talking about. For instance, he may have been dissociated when he filled out the questionnaire. If so, he might even not realize he was dissociated. We have no idea what his truth is or how he was situated while answering the questions.

It sounds to me like he doesn't remember. That's exactly the kind of thing I am talking about. For instance, he may have been dissociated when he filled out the questionnaire. If so, he might even not realize he was dissociated. We have no idea what his truth is or how he was situated while answering the questions.

that is not what he said though it really isnt.

She really should focus on learning Spanish. That language would probably be more useful and practical for her future.

She speaks a handful of languages (minimum 4 for sure, at most, 5), including Spanish. From the same linked DM article:

The 60-year-old disgraced British socialite, whose lawyers launched an appeal for a retrial last week, is fluent in three other languages – French, Italian and Spanish – but is studying Russian ‘to maintain her sanity’.

@Dotta, you beat me to it!

She speaks a handful of languages (minimum 4 for sure, at most, 5), including Spanish. From the same linked DM article:

The 60-year-old disgraced British socialite, whose lawyers launched an appeal for a retrial last week, is fluent in three other languages – French, Italian and Spanish – but is studying Russian ‘to maintain her sanity’.

Well, since, INMO, she already qualifies as being "insane", meaning completely ignorant of her criminal behavior and the affects of her actions on others, learning Russian isn't what she should focus on. She needs a complete understanding of her sociopathy, and Borderline Personality Disorder. An immersion training program in Dialectical Behavior Training (DBT) would probably be more appropriate.

Of course, that would require insight to her criminal behavior. Zero potential for rehabilitation here. INMO.

Well, since, INMO, she already qualifies as being "insane", meaning completely ignorant of her criminal behavior and the affects of her actions on others, learning Russian isn't what she should focus on. She needs a complete understanding of her sociopathy, and Borderline Personality Disorder. An immersion training program in Dialectical Behavior Training (DBT) would probably be more appropriate.

Of course, that would require insight to her criminal behavior. Zero potential for rehabilitation here. INMO.
Who knows...
Maybe she wants to read "Crime and Punishment" by Fiodor Dostoyevski in original in her cell?

She really should focus on learning Spanish. That language would probably be more useful and practical for her future.
I imagine there's some snobbery involved in the choice of language.
That's what I was thinking. But Spanish might be too "common" for someone who thinks she's posh, especially Latin American Spanish.
The Russian thing is bizarre IMO. I could see it if she palled up with another inmate who's teaching her, but basically she's in solitary. And I don't know how you'd learn a language like that from a CD, with no one giving you corrections. Unless you're only learning it to read, not to speak.
Maybe GM has the impression that federal prisons are laden with Russian mafia types? It's some scheme to get her out of prison? Maybe she has a notion to buddy up with Russian mafioso types to get out of doing her prison job?
Maybe she thinks Latinx folks are not likely to be in the kind of prison she imagines she'll be in? I bet she thinks she's gonna be in ClubFed, but sex offenders are not eligible for the camps, so there's that.
I sense that she's totally out of touch, thinks she's going to beat this, has all kinds of preconceptions about what's in store for her or not....

She is half Czech, so if she knows this language, Russian will be easy for her (Slavic languages).

Her mother was French - that's why she speaks Romance languages based on Latin (Italian, Spanish, French).

If you know one language from a common group, the next one is very easy to learn because of similarities.

Last edited:

This actually quite surprised me. I'm surprised her languages aren't French-Italian-German. It wasn't popular to learn Spanish in English schools when she was young, and AFAIK the "posh crowd" didn't really include Spain. It wasn't popular like it is now. It's possible this is because it was under the Franco regime in her youth, and the country was super uptight. This is IME.

She likely had Latin at school.

This actually quite surprised me. I'm surprised her languages aren't French-Italian-German. It wasn't popular to learn Spanish in English schools when she was young, and AFAIK the "posh crowd" didn't really include Spain. It wasn't popular like it is now. It's possible this is because it was under the Franco regime in her youth, and the country was super uptight. This is IME.

Obviously they had the yacht...i would say a lot of holidays would be spent around the Spanish Islands so would pick it up.

According to Wiki, her Oxford undergrad degree focused on Modern History with Languages. She clearly, as @Dotta points out, has an interest in languages in general, and a natural capacity for it. To choose to die on a hill of generalized speculation, denying her interest in Spanish, seems a waste of time.

She is half Czech, so if she knows this language, Russian will be easy for her (Slavic languages).

Her mother was French - that's why she speaks Romance languages based on Latin (Italian, Spanish, French).

If you know one language from a common group, the next one is very easy to learn because of similarities.

GM is not half Czech, although her father grew up in that territory; the Maxwell family is of Eastern Euro Jewish ethnicity. That aside, growing up where Robert Maxwell did, he learned the languages of that diverse region. MOO: He probably taught her either Yiddish or Slovak or both. Apparently GM's father was a talented linguist.

The New European 2021:

According to John Preston’s new biography, The Fall, Ján Hoch grew up speaking Yiddish, Hungarian, Slovak and Romanian; he would probably also have been exposed to Ukrainian. He later variously claimed to speak nine, 10 or 11 languages. It depends, of course, on what you mean by ‘speak a language’, but on this occasion he was probably telling something like the truth. He certainly married a Frenchwoman, and did speak French.

We know from linguistics research that growing up bilingual greatly assists with learning third and additional languages. And it really looks as if growing up quadrilingual-plus did help to turn Maxwell into an unusually gifted polyglot, no doubt assisted by the fact that Yiddish, Slovak and, particularly, Hungarian have very different structures and vocabularies.

According to Wiki, her Oxford undergrad degree focused on Modern History with Languages. She clearly, as @Dotta points out, has an interest in languages in general, and a natural capacity for it. To choose to die on a hill of generalized speculation, denying her interest in Spanish, seems a waste of time.

GM is not half Czech, although her father grew up in that territory; the Maxwell family is of Eastern Euro Jewish ethnicity. That aside, growing up where Robert Maxwell did, he learned the languages of that diverse region. MOO: He probably taught her either Yiddish or Slovak or both. Apparently GM's father was a talented linguist.

The New European 2021:

According to John Preston’s new biography, The Fall, Ján Hoch grew up speaking Yiddish, Hungarian, Slovak and Romanian; he would probably also have been exposed to Ukrainian. He later variously claimed to speak nine, 10 or 11 languages. It depends, of course, on what you mean by ‘speak a language’, but on this occasion he was probably telling something like the truth. He certainly married a Frenchwoman, and did speak French.

We know from linguistics research that growing up bilingual greatly assists with learning third and additional languages. And it really looks as if growing up quadrilingual-plus did help to turn Maxwell into an unusually gifted polyglot, no doubt assisted by the fact that Yiddish, Slovak and, particularly, Hungarian have very different structures and vocabularies.

Such a talented international financial asset, wasted by Epstein on sex fetishes.

To choose to die on a hill of generalized speculation, denying her interest in Spanish, seems a waste of time.
Snipped for focus....

I don't understand what you're saying here. We don't seem to know GM's history with Spanish, but no one seems to be dying here or fighting to the death? It did strike me as interesting that GM doesn't speak German (at least, it's not listed in the DM article)... The choice of Russian to study is extremely interesting to me. I mean, if she wanted a real challenge, she could pick Mandarin?

I'm kinda wondering what language I'd pick if I had to sit around in jail all day....

Such a talented international financial asset, wasted by Epstein on sex fetishes.
I'm smirking at the double entendre in "asset", since I'd just ^^^ dipped into the spy world.
The other thing I will say is that Epstein didn't waste her talents. She did. More like: "She wasted her prodigious assets on Epstein's sex fetishes".

Snipped for focus....

I don't understand what you're saying here. We don't seem to know GM's history with Spanish, but no one seems to be dying here or fighting to the death? It did strike me as interesting that GM doesn't speak German (at least, it's not listed in the DM article)... The choice of Russian to study is extremely interesting to me. I mean, if she wanted a real challenge, she could pick Mandarin?

I'm kinda wondering what language I'd pick if I had to sit around in jail all day....

Personally, I would learn sign language. But, unfortunately, I will never have hours of free time to study, read and learn foreign languages, because I have to work every day.

Ghislaine Maxwell should be mopping floors 8 hours a day. JMO. And too exhausted every night to work on learning new languages.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back