NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A lot of what I've seen coming out of this nasty case, are several instances of what appears to be a twisted, sexual assault style of a pyramid scheme (best way I can describe it). It's very difficult for me to just lay out a blanket accusation of "well she was of age, so she's a co-conspirator" of anyone. These were GIRLS. Teenaged kids, preyed on, groomed, seduced, pursuaded by evil, twisted adults to get what they wanted. That's the foundation for what came after for some of them.

jmo
I totally agree. They were groomed. The minute they hit the age of consent did not turn them into predators, that is what grooming is about. Some of these young girls were given money and luxury that they could only dream of and most of them came from very vulnerable backgrounds.

Yes, it speaks volumes! VG’s birthdate is Aug 9 1983. It was reported that GM first preyed on her while out driving around looking for young girls. GM spotted VG at Maralargo in July of 2000, when Virginia was still age 16, and tricked her with promises of training and a job as a masseuse. Her father drove her over to JE’s house that same afternoon and was sexually assaulted that very same day by both GM and JE as part of her “interview”.

That helps narrow down the timeline for Carolyn. She was 13 when she met Giuffre and 14 when she was presented to Epstein. If Giuffre met Epstein in July 2000, that would be the same year that she met Carolyn - since Carolyn, born in 1987, met Giuffre when she was age 13.

Giuffre met Epstein and Carolyn in 2000. Within the year, Carolyn too was a victim of Epstein.

"Giuffre gave her a revealing top and a pair of 'tight skimpy shorts' and told her 'whatever you do, don't say your age'. They went to Epstein's place, where she watched Giuffre massage him and have sex with him, before Maxwell took her phone number and gave her $300."
SARAH VINE: Prince Andrew's an oaf - but his accuser has questions to answer too | Daily Mail Online

That helps narrow down the timeline for Carolyn. She was 13 when she met Giuffre and 14 when she was presented to Epstein. If Giuffre met Epstein in July 2000, that would be the same year that she met Carolyn - since Carolyn, born in 1987, met Giuffre when she was age 13.

Giuffre met Epstein and Carolyn in 2000. Within the year, Carolyn too was a victim of Epstein.

"Giuffre gave her a revealing top and a pair of 'tight skimpy shorts' and told her 'whatever you do, don't say your age'. They went to Epstein's place, where she watched Giuffre massage him and have sex with him, before Maxwell took her phone number and gave her $300."
SARAH VINE: Prince Andrew's an oaf - but his accuser has questions to answer too | Daily Mail Online
That was a defensive article about a disgraceful older man with a very young girl and victim blaming a girl who was groomed.

That was a defensive article about a disgraceful older man with a very young girl and victim blaming a girl who was groomed.

Indeed. By a columnist who is rarely if ever writing without an agenda.

Still, I'm not sure that the shape of this pyramid of abuse or the way in which it manages to make so many casualties for the bemefit of the very few at the top should really surprise anyone who has paid attention to this or the many other cases that involve grooming and trafficking of young victims struggling within a massively unequal power dynamic.

I also think that it's understandable for one victim of JE/GM to feel anger towards another victim who may have helped to recruit them into the abusive structure under a separate set of pressures without the world at large feeling entitled to buy into that anger in a long string of whataboutism that may inadvertently (or not) deflect the blame away from the prime movers: JE and GM, who were uniquely benefitted by this pyramid and without whom it would not have exisited. IMO.

Last edited:
Ghislaine Maxwell juror did not disclose that he was a victim of sexual abuse during selection process

FIRST ON FOX: The juror behind Ghislaine Maxwell's bid for a new trial said he was not a victim of sexual abuse on a jury selection questionnaire – an omission which could lead to the British socialite's conviction being overturned, Fox News has learned.

The juror, who identified himself as Scotty David, told numerous news outlets after Maxwell's Dec. 29th conviction that he had been sexually assaulted as a child.

"He did not fill in that form correctly," said a person familiar with the case, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. "He was asked point blank, and he said, that isn't the case. Obviously, it is, from his own words."

Ugh.

The Maxwell trial was about an international case of sex trafficking. It was a serious and important case with a serious verdict.

A pity that the verdict has turned into a a bad joke. It is distracting to further investigations into the Epstein/Maxell cult. I suspect the defense gleefully welcomes this nonsense. moo

@MartaDhanis

#GhislaineMaxwell: Government ready to dismiss perjury charges IF defendant's bid for new trial fails. In a joint letter, the government wants sentencing in 3-4 months, but defense waits it delayed until decision from the judge on possible new trial after juror #50 disclosures

“In the event the defendant’s post-trial motions are denied, the Government is prepared to dismiss the severed perjury counts at the time of sentencing, in light of the victims’ significant interests in bringing closure to this matter and avoiding the trauma of testifying again”

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nysd.539612/gov.uscourts.nysd.539612.574.0.pdf

Attachments

• F7154D95-F545-4AA5-9AB8-5AF95235E82D.jpeg
    F7154D95-F545-4AA5-9AB8-5AF95235E82D.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
LOL, so busted. I was hoping they had that on video. I thought maybe they didn't since it hadn't been released it before.

So busted! A reformed jury selection process is needed because of these type of occurrences. It opens up debate as to whether this was a set up. I mean if you rush through the questionnaire without checking it thoroughly especially in a trial like this is he really qualified to even be on a jury?

So busted! A reformed jury selection process is needed because of these type of occurrences. It opens up debate as to whether this was a set up. I mean if you rush through the questionnaire without checking it thoroughly especially in a trial like this is he really qualified to even be on a jury?

I absolutely agree with you! How did this guy ever get on that jury?! He flew through the questionnaire??? He didn’t see the question about sexual abuse history even though it’s a trial about sexual abuse???? And then he decides he wants to brag to the world about how his perception of his sexual assault influenced the rest of the jury? Outrageous and unbelievable really. Something smells fishy. And I do hope they will get to the bottom of it.

Last edited:
If this case is declared a mistrial, will GM have to pay for the new trial?
Will she still be considered guilty until a new verdict is reached?
Will each side be able to change their strategies in any way. For example, can the prosecution look for new evidence and new witnesses?

I absolutely agree with you! How did this guy ever get on that jury?! He flew through the questionnaire??? He didn’t see the question about sexual abuse history even though it’s a trial about sexual abuse???? And then he decides he wants to brag to the world about how his perception of his sexual assault influenced the rest of the jury? Outrageous and unbelievable really. Something smells fishy. And I do hope they will get to the bottom of it.

Literally the trial was about sexual abuse combined with him being an alleged victim of sexual abuse. How do you miss that specific topic on the questionnaire?!

If this case is declared a mistrial, will GM have to pay for the new trial?
Will she still be considered guilty until a new verdict is reached?
Will each side be able to change their strategies in any way. For example, can the prosecution look for new evidence and new witnesses?

She will have to pay her legal counsel fees.

She won't be guilty anymore, a mistrial would void the verdict,
she would go back to just being charged with the 6 counts.

Yes each side can change strategies and look for new evidence and new witnesses because it would be a whole new trial.

Can a mistrial be declared after guilty verdict?

Last edited:
She will have to pay her legal counsel fees.
She won't be guilty anymore, a mistrial would void the verdict,
she would go back to just being charged with the 6 counts.
Yes each side can change strategies and look for new evidence and new witnesses because it would be a whole new trial.
Hmmm...
It seems lawyers are the winners here - no need to worry about unemployment.
And GM, as well as PA might go bankrupt in the process.
Oh, well...

I would say its only natural Carolynn is upset and probably feels betrayed by the elder girl that she classed as a friend? Was that why she contacted her excited about sleeping with the Prince ( as reported by Carolynn)? to try and entice her into that world?

I dont understand 1 thing.

Who would be responsible for the mess with the jurors and possible retrial?
I guess the Judge, who seems to be the ultimate authority in Court, no?

Other thing - I dont think it is fair that the accused has to pay again for Defence, it is NOT her fault, is it?

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colibri_pi