NY NY - Hazuki Matsushita, 39, & Isse Salazar, 11 mos, Brooklyn, 18 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is something about the way he speaks that bothers me, but I haven't picked up on what it is just yet. I also don't like how he continually refers to Isse as "my son".

If he reported them missing on the 18th, why did it take so long to be in the news?

Respectfully SBM.

For me, it's almost always a red flag when someone speaks ill of the one who is missing, or says something that might embarrass him/er:
"'I felt that she was neglecting my son. She didn't take his needs into consideration,' Salazar said. 'It's when I feel she's neglecting our kid, that's when all our fights start.'"
and then
"Salazar said he was throwing out his wife’s clothes -because they were infested with bugs- when Matsushita called the cops."

It also bothers me greatly that he has pictures of Isse all over the apartment, but none of Hazuki (as far as I can tell from the photo of him in their apartment at the link).

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...orts/basketball/nets+(Sports/Basketball/Nets)

Oh I hope she just got away from this jerk and is with a friend working out how to leave him for good.

There is something about the way he speaks that bothers me, but I haven't picked up on what it is just yet. I also don't like how he continually refers to Isse as "my son".

If he reported them missing on the 18th, why did it take so long to be in the news?

About 45 seconds into the video in the linked article, the reporter says the police told him Salazar reported Hazuki and Isse missing late Wednesday evening, even though Salazar told him he did so last Friday, or the 18th:
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Mother-Baby-Missing-Roosevelt-Island-Bay-Ridge-403069856.html

In the meantime, the NY Daily News article from this afternoon reads, "Salazar and his mother filed two domestic incident reports on Nov. 18, according to cops. One of the reports described how Matsushita moved in with Salazar’s mother. The other was on how Matsushita didn’t return home after she said she would." (BBM)
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...orts/basketball/nets+(Sports/Basketball/Nets)
So maybe it's just technicality, but perhaps Hazuki and Isse were not officially reported missing until the day before Thanksgiving.

By the way, due to the physical nature of their fight on the 8th -as documented by police- and the threats the husband has admitted to making, I really would like to know when Hazuki and Isse were last seen by someone other than the husband or his family. Did anyone see either one of them after LE visited their apartment on the 8th, or have they been caught on security camera somewhere?

You may link to the social media of a victim or suspect.

The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

•Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
•Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
•Paraphrasing is okay.
•Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
•Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
•If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

About 45 seconds into the video in the linked article, the reporter says the police told him Salazar reported Hazuki and Isse missing late Wednesday evening, even though Salazar told him he did so last Friday, or the 18th:
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Mother-Baby-Missing-Roosevelt-Island-Bay-Ridge-403069856.html

In the meantime, the NY Daily News article from this afternoon reads, "Salazar and his mother filed two domestic incident reports on Nov. 18, according to cops. One of the reports described how Matsushita moved in with Salazar’s mother. The other was on how Matsushita didn’t return home after she said she would." (BBM)
So maybe it's just technicality, but perhaps Hazuki and Isse were not officially reported missing until the day before Thanksgiving.

By the way, due to the physical nature of their fight on the 8th -as documented by police- and the threats the husband has admitted to making, I really would like to know when Hazuki and Isse were last seen by someone other than the husband or his family. Did anyone see either one of them after LE visited their apartment on the 8th, or have they been caught on security camera somewhere?

Carlos says their passports are missing, and birth certificates. That is either great, because it means they escaped, or it is b.s. to make us think they left, when they didn't.

I would also like someone else to verify they have been seen outside his relatives. Were they even actually AT his mother's house? If they fled the country with their own passports, it shouldn't be very hard to check for flights.

The wall-to-wall photos of Carlos and Isse ONLY are disturbing, I agree.

I hope that the police aren't assuming she fled, and decide not to put in an effort to find them.

I'm pretty surprised to be getting a very different vibe from this case then all of you. I have first hand experience with someone that had some mental issues magnified by post partum stress disorder. She had stopped cleaning or caring for her infant. She started to borderline hoard. The very first I read of this case I thought of this woman. To me the husband sounds more exasperated and frustrated than violent. I stated early on that my gut feels strongly that we have a mental crisis here. But of course I'm no dr and it's only my opinion. And of course I could be wrong and the husband is the jerk he seems to be. I pray for Hazuki and her son to be found safe somewhere, today.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty surprised to be getting a very different vibe from this case then all of you. I have first hand experience with someone that had some mental issues magnified by post partum stress disorder. She had stopped cleaning or caring for her infant. She started to borderline hoard. The very first I read of this case I thought of this woman. To me the husband sounds more exasperated and frustrated than violent. I stated early on that my gut feels strongly that we have a mental crisis here. But of course I'm no dr and it's only my opinion. And of course I could be wrong and the husband is the jerk he seems to be. I pray for Hazuki and her son to be found safe somewhere, today.

I don't have any particular opinion - we don't have enough information for that. I think she could have fled, or I think she could have been harmed.

It bothers me that we only have the word of Carlos so far that Hazuki was depressed or unclean. It bothers me that he freely admits threatening to kill her and throwing garbage at her. I have been "frustrated" plenty of times. I have never threatened to kill someone out of frustration.

Do you have a link regarding the borderline hoarding?

What an awful story. ...or so it seems. Did she definitely go to her MIL's? Or is that just what MIL said?

That is what the MIL said, and what her husband said. No one else has said anything about it. She could have gone missing on Nov. 8th, or Nov. 18th, or anywhere in between, up until Carlos reported them missing.

I don't have any particular opinion - we don't have enough information for that. I think she could have fled, or I think she could have been harmed.

It bothers me that we only have the word of Carlos so far that Hazuki was depressed or unclean. It bothers me that he freely admits threatening to kill her and throwing garbage at her. I have been "frustrated" plenty of times. I have never threatened to kill someone out of frustration.

Do you have a link regarding the borderline hoarding?
No, why would I have a link for my friend who's situation I am comparing to this woman? I have stated that it is only my opinion, as I'm always careful to do. I'm just giving a scenario based upon a person I know very well who's story strike's me as similar. I do note that I acknowledge the fact that I could very well be wrong and that he could in fact be an abusive husband. That's why I always state "my opinion". Being asked to link to "opinion" is passive aggressive to me.

No, why would I have a link for my friend who's situation I am comparing to this woman? I have stated that it is only my opinion, as I'm always careful to do. I'm just giving a scenario based upon a person I know very well who's story strike's me as similar. I do note that I acknowledge the fact that I could very well be wrong and that he could in fact be an abusive husband. That's why I always state "my opinion". Being asked to link to "opinion" is passive aggressive to me.

I think both could be at play here, where Hazuki may be suffering postpartum depression, and the husband's response was extreme anger and impatience with the neglect, rather than seeing what it is and getting her help. I mean, I think he sounds kind of hot-headed to the point of abusive, and she may have ppd. A volatile combination.

The MIL perhaps did see it, or finally came to that conclusion, as the husband has said, “My mother started telling me, ‘I think your wife is depressed. She wakes up late. She doesn’t do anything. She doesn’t take care of the baby’”.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...brooklyn-mother-39-baby-son-article-1.2887548

ninij9, I think walkingdeadgirl just misread your post. I did too, at first, until I went back to read it again after you explained you were referring to someone you know, and not Hazuki. I'll blame it on not enough sleep last night, and still working on my morning coffee! Thanks for your insight.

inmyhumbleopinion, I had noticed the lack of his wife in the photos on the wall, too, and wondered what that might mean in light of his wife and baby being missing.

That was my immediate reaction as well, ninij, based on both what the mother-in-law said, and the husband, and especially with all the bodies of water in the area :(.

Plus, I initially got the impression that Hazuki had not been working very much since the birth of the baby, but then I looked at her professional Instagram feed (thanks Daephine!), and realized that she had indeed been keeping busy (e.g., "For Glamour Magazine woman of the year awards @jilliandavison hair and makeup by me #hazukimakeup @glamourmagazine," Hazuki posted on September 8th at https://www.instagram.com/p/BKGdwvwDWRx/; her last Insta post was on November 3rd).

I don't think she would have been able to work period, if she had been depressed to the point of being almost catatonic, as described by the mother-in-law. I think she just wasn't traveling as much, probably so that she didn't have to be away from Isse; she apparently spent many years traveling literally all over the world working at fashion shows, doing magazine shoots, etc.).

I really, really hope that Hazuki fled along with her adorable son, if not to Japan, somewhere, anywhere, so long as they are away from CS.

I think both could be at play here, where Hazuki may be suffering postpartum depression, and the husband's response was extreme anger and impatience with the neglect, rather than seeing what it is and getting her help. I mean, I think he sounds kind of hot-headed to the point of abusive, and she may have ppd. A volatile combination.

The MIL perhaps did see it, or finally came to that conclusion, as the husband has said, “My mother started telling me, ‘I think your wife is depressed. She wakes up late. She doesn’t do anything. She doesn’t take care of the baby’”.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...brooklyn-mother-39-baby-son-article-1.2887548

ninij9, I think walkingdeadgirl just misread your post. I did too, at first, until I went back to read it again after you explained you were referring to someone you know, and not Hazuki. I'll blame it on not enough sleep last night, and still working on my morning coffee! Thanks for your insight.

inmyhumbleopinion, I had noticed the lack of his wife in the photos on the wall, too, and wondered what that might mean in light of his wife and baby being missing.
Thank you for making me see that I might have worded my post unclear. Turkey hangover still, lol.

Your thoughts that both issues may be at play rings very true to me. There's no doubt that he probably could handle the situation better. But we are outside and I don't really know anything. I was just taking a guess at what might have transpired. Hope she shows up soon unharmed.

That was my immediate reaction as well, ninij, based on both what the mother-in-law said, and the husband, and especially with all the bodies of water in the area :(.

Plus, I initially got the impression that Hazuki had not been working very much since the birth of the baby, but then I looked at her professional Instagram feed (thanks Daephine!), and realized that she had indeed been keeping busy (e.g., "For Glamour Magazine woman of the year awards @jilliandavison hair and makeup by me #hazukimakeup @glamourmagazine," Hazuki posted on September 8th at https://www.instagram.com/p/BKGdwvwDWRx/; her last Insta post was on November 3rd).

I don't think she would have been able to work period, if she had been depressed to the point of being almost catatonic, as described by the mother-in-law. I think she just wasn't traveling as much, probably so that she didn't have to be away from Isse; she apparently spent many years traveling literally all over the world working at fashion shows, doing magazine shoots, etc.).

I really, really hope that Hazuki fled along with her adorable son, if not to Japan, somewhere, anywhere, so long as they are away from CS.
Indeed, if the husband is to blame here, it could have been overwhelming that he and his mom may have ganged up on her. Or, maybe it's something else altogether. I will keep checking in. I am very worried for this mother and child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back