NY NY - Ian Burnet, 22, New York City, 26 Dec 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like Liz B said, that's a weird train to take. There is a bus station up there, but it's not that well-known. There's an old theater that's a church, that some people want to see. There's a Target, if you take it to the Bronx. He could have gotten on going the wrong direction, which happens. Then there's the GW Bridge....

So the family is denying he's suicial but his brother posted that there have been "scares" before.

I wonder if his parents are afraid that LE will stop looking if they believe it's a suicide?

:(

I don't know what to think in this case. How does LE know it was him who purchased the metro card? Do they have surveillance video?

I grew up in NY and I never had a need to take the subway into the Bronx. I don't see any reason he would need to- even to buy drugs. You can do that in Manhattan. I'm thinking he could have gotten lost or been meeting someone there, but if he went to NY with these 2 girls and didn't know anyone else in NY, who else would he be meeting? The fact that he told his roommate he was "stepping out for the night," but didn't take his cell, sounds like he had a plan and wasn't coming back until the next day and didn't want to be disturbed. Those female roommates might also know something more than they have said, even if they think it's trivial.

I agree they need to check with Burger King to see the cam and find out if that's actually him using the card and if it is, who else is with him. As for LE not thinking it's foul play - they always say that. It's the easy out for them as they feel so overworked and it's the way they can say they did the best they could without doing the best they can.

Also, idk if he ever mentioned anyone in NY or a girl from NY to his family or friends, but it's possible he could have made contact with a person and arranged to meet up when he got to NY and not mentioned it to anyone not knowing how it would turn out. Maybe check his laptop and his pc and phone to see if he has anyone in it who is from NY (e-mails, im's anything). I'm guessing LE or his family might have done that already but jic no one has, do check.

I hope you find him soon and he's ok^^

This case reminds me so much of the Brittanee Drexel disappearance. In both cases, I am very curious about the 'friends', would really like to see more about them. (wishful thinking, I know...)

"Friends have told us about people who have decided to drop out for a while and take a break," he said.

"We are hoping that's what has happened and that he's okay. If that's the case, we want to communicate with him. He knows we love him."

Burnet Sr. said there is every reason to believe that his son intended to return home. A text sent to a friend in Virginia indicated that he expected to be home by Jan. 2.

"He texted a friend back in Virginia and said they would get together after Jan. 2," said his dad.

"He was making plans to return. He just traveled up for New Year's for a little fun."

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/20120113/har...mains-hopeful-son-will-be-found#ixzz1jR4ZKfmW

I read that Ian did not have a key to the apartment he was staying at ? I'm guessing that the others in the apartment went out after Ian on the evening that he was last seen at the apartment. So, how could he have expected to get back into the apartment ?

I read that he had either texted or spoke to one of his friends, and said that he was feeling upset. The others at the apartment had gone out and left him on another occasion. I do not understand hw he could have gone out alone,without a doorkey ? He maybe could have gone back to the apartment the night that he was last seen, but found no one home ?

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...n-vcu-student-who-disappeared-in--ar-1610615/

By Zachary Reid/Richmond Times Dispatch
Modified: Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:42 PM EST
Originally Published: Sunday, January 15, 2012

New York police have discovered where a missing Virginia Commonwealth University student last got on the subway, but there's still no clue of what happened to him.

doc4f138a50d2ed5475823166.jpg

It's sad that we're not hearing more about this. If it was a woman, under the same circumstances, I think it would be a huge story.

I am Ian’s dad. My two friends, John and Kevin, have brought me back home to Virginia after visiting NYC for the past several days.

I have no news, except that everyone who can help has done so, and I am very grateful. I wish to thank those in the public media who have supported our search.

http://www.findianburnet.com/latest-news/

Police create new account for tips on Ian Burnet

It’s been more than two weeks since 22-year-old Ian Burnet went missing. His friends and family are still seeking answers after he went to visit a friend in New York City.

[snip]

Meanwhile investigators continue their search for clues. They claim at this point to have no evidence of foul play but they have created a new email address for the public to submit tips on the case.

The tip email address is newkenttips@co.newkent.state.va.us.

More: http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-polic...r-tips-on-ian-burnet-20120116,0,7606666.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67
Back