NY NY - Irondequoit, WhtFem 14-23, 122UFNY, skeletal in shallow grave, front teeth overlap, Jul'88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just made a follow-up call to Robert Zerby.

With regard to Sheryl Tillinghast, they are unable to obtain her dental records, and he doesn't anticipate that they will be forthcoming. Until they can get dentals on SAT, there is nowhere that they can go on this comparison.

I asked him whether the gold foil dental restorations on her front teeth would be visible in photos of the woman. He said that the restorations were at the gum-line, so they would be visible if the woman had a toothy smile.

He also said that Darlene Polizzi has not been looked at, but that he would contact the Bergen County NJ prosecutor's office to find out if they have dental records for Darlene.

As for a rule-out listing, he was not willing to publicize the list of people who have been looked at and ruled-out.

I just made a follow-up call to Robert Zerby.

With regard to Sheryl Tillinghast, they are unable to obtain her dental records, and he doesn't anticipate that they will be forthcoming. Until they can get dentals on SAT, there is nowhere that they can go on this comparison.

I asked him whether the gold foil dental restorations on her front teeth would be visible in photos of the woman. He said that the restorations were at the gum-line, so they would be visible if the woman had a toothy smile.

He also said that Darlene Polizzi has not been looked at, but that he would contact the Bergen County NJ prosecutor's office to find out if they have dental records for Darlene.

As for a rule-out listing, he was not willing to publicize the list of people who have been looked at and ruled-out.

BBM

Thank you Carl. That really surprises me. Fingers crossed for something here!

I do not understand them (or any other agency) not being willing to give out a rule out list. Does anyone have an inkling why that would be? I'm just curious.

Carlk, any word on Darlene's as a possible? I will re-submit if needed. Did you send them the side-by of Darlene? I just have a real gut feeling about this one.

Carlk, any word on Darlene's as a possible? I will re-submit if needed. Did you send them the side-by of Darlene? I just have a real gut feeling about this one.

I mentioned it to him, but I didn't get the impression that he was very interested. He said he would look into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

I mentioned it to him, but I didn't get the impression that he was very interested. He said he would look into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

I will submit it then. I'll send an email in the next couple of days. Making a note to do that now. Thanks Carl.

I am so surprised I have never heard of this case--I lived with a friend and her family about 2 miles from where this girl was found..although I did not move in with them until June 1989. This area is primarily residential, with lots of trees, and hilly with large ditches/valleys. I would think that whomever placed her at this location was a local-this does not seem like a place where a stranger would drop a body, especially since beach access to Lake Ontario is within a mile or so. Here are a couple of maybes:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1500dfny.html

She was originally from Ontario County, which is not too far from Irondequoit.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2170dfny.html

This case looks good too.

Here's a newly listed No-Photo NamUs casefile for a girl missing from Rochester NY.

Barbara Ann Bruno
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) <Mod Note: updated link as of October 9, 2022>

I'm putting her up here primarily due to the proximity of Rochester to Irondequoit. Her age and height are right. The timeframe (about 8 years) is a little short compared to the estimated amount of time that the remains were estimated to have been there (i.e., about 15-years according to NamUs).

I looked in Classmates for 1979-1980 yearbooks in Rochester and couldn't find her photo. Unfortunately, Rochester is a large town, and contains many high schools, most of which do not have 1979-1980 yearbooks in Classmates.

Last edited by a moderator:
snipped:
Unfortunately, Rochester is a large town, and contains many high schools, most of which do not have 1979-1980 yearbooks in Classmates.

I've seen yearbooks in at least one of the libraries in the Rochester area -- I think it was at the central library downtown. Irondequoit has two libraries (and two school districts) -- East and West. I can check tomorrow night to see if they have yearbooks from that period and if I can find Barbara Ann Bruno.

Here's an interesting MP case that just showed up in NAMPN that I haven't seen elsewhere.

She reminds me of Irondequoit Jane Doe.

Judith Anne Brown
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) <Mod Note: updated link as of October 9, 2022>
2369809080045078242S425x425Q851_zps766c9e97.jpg
2772753450045078242S600x600Q851_zps07237066.jpg

I don't see any foil reconstructions at her upper gumline. But the photo is not entirely conclusive. Robert Zerby told me that the foil restorations would be visible only if the person had a toothy smile.

Here's an interesting MP case that just showed up in NAMPN that I haven't seen elsewhere.

She reminds me of Irondequoit Jane Doe.

Judith Anne Brown

2369809080045078242S425x425Q851_zps766c9e97.jpg
2772753450045078242S600x600Q851_zps07237066.jpg

I don't see any foil reconstructions at her upper gumline. But the photo is not entirely conclusive. Robert Zerby told me that the foil restorations would be visible only if the person had a toothy smile.

BBM

Very much so, Carl!

Wow Carl! The resemblence is striking. Age and ht matches up. Estimated post mortem being 15 years reasonably matches up. The distance between the two cities doesn't throw me off given the history of the person Judith was believed to leave with.

You might have something here, Carl. I would definately submit! Excellent job!

Just out of curiousity, I did a little digging to see if Richard E. Reisenberg ever popped up anywhere. I didn't find him listed as missing, but Judith's sister has a few posts/pages about Judith's disappearance.

There are some additional photo's of Judith here, along with some of the newspaper clippings about her disappearance.

<modsnip: broken link>

Just out of curiousity, I did a little digging to see if Richard E. Reisenberg ever popped up anywhere. I didn't find him listed as missing, but Judith's sister has a few posts/pages about Judith's disappearance.

There are some additional photo's of Judith here, along with some of the newspaper clippings about her disappearance.

<modsnip: broken link>

Apparently, Judith's NamUs casefile is not public. Her NY Missing Persons site listing, indicates that she has a NamUs casefile #3070. But if you run that case number, it returns nothing. Also, the low case number would seem to indicate that she has been in NamUs for quite a while.

I thought about that too Carl. There is DNA available for Judith, but the NamUs case file for the UID still indicates DNA not available. Also, after this many years it's uncertain whether or not Judith's sister could obtain dentals. So, I wouldn't automatically assume this possible has already been ruled out. Though, I suppose if Judith's sister remembers the 'foil' and she knew her sister had that type of work, it might be enough to see if NY would go through the necessary steps to obtain DNA for this UID. If the NamUs entry is accurate that dna is not available.

I thought about that too Carl. There is DNA available for Judith, but the NamUs case file for the UID still indicates DNA not available. Also, after this many years it's uncertain whether or not Judith's sister could obtain dentals. So, I wouldn't automatically assume this possible has already been ruled out. Though, I suppose if Judith's sister remembers the 'foil' and she knew her sister had that type of work, it might be enough to see if NY would go through the necessary steps to obtain DNA for this UID. If the NamUs entry is accurate that dna is not available.

I do remember Robert Zerby telling me that they were unable to get any DNA from the Jane Doe. This is why they are at a dead-end trying to verify or rule-out Sheryl Tillinghast. They can only compare those MP's with dentals available.

I was reading the first page about the address and who lives there and whatnot, and I'd just like to leave a little note about another site ya'll could use to look up history of addresses. All states can be assessed through it, and it is free to join and look up a certain amount of address profiles (8 I think a day). Any more than that and you need to buy a membership. Some states have more info though. California for example has a ton of stuff including the sale of the home and who bought it and when. Virginia on the other hand, doesn't have squat. At least it didn't last time I checked.

New york has the current owner listed, map of the area, and links to neighbors address profiles. I think billylee noted that he found that info though so it wouldn't be too useful for this case, but it could for others.

The site is http://www.propertyshark.com

Here's a newly listed No-Photo NamUs casefile for a girl missing from Rochester NY.

Barbara Ann Bruno

I'm putting her up here primarily due to the proximity of Rochester to Irondequoit. Her age and height are right. The timeframe (about 8 years) is a little short compared to the estimated amount of time that the remains were estimated to have been there (i.e., about 15-years according to NamUs).

I looked in Classmates for 1979-1980 yearbooks in Rochester and couldn't find her photo. Unfortunately, Rochester is a large town, and contains many high schools, most of which do not have 1979-1980 yearbooks in Classmates.

I called Det. Mark Bean of the Irondequoit PD (i.e., the contact for Barbara Bruno's MP casefile). I told him that I am trying to locate a photo of her and wanted to know which high school Barbara went to, so I could check the yearbooks. He says that she went to Brockport High School, but she didn't get into any of the yearbooks. He says that they should be getting a photo of her from the family in the next week or two. He also said that they are getting DNA FRS kits back from her family members, and there should be a DNA profile on her soon.

I checked Classmates to see if I could find her photo in the Brockport HS yearbooks. The books for 77, 78, 79, and 80 were all available, but she isn't in any of them. She is not even listed on the "no photo available" lists. I did find three other persons in those books with the surname Bruno, but no Barbara.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ickem916
Back