NY - Ivana Trump, 73, dies of 'blunt impact injuries', NYC, 14 July 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Hard (for me) to imagine that falling down carpeted stairs would lead to immediate death... unless it caused her to have a heart attack, but then a heart attack wasn't listed as the COD, blunt force trauma was... but even though someone could injure themselves with such a fall, it's hard for me to imagine death, unless it was blunt force trauma to the head?

Hard (for me) to imagine that falling down carpeted stairs would lead to immediate death... unless it caused her to have a heart attack, but then a heart attack wasn't listed as the COD, blunt force trauma was... but even though someone could injure themselves with such a fall, it's hard for me to imagine death, unless it was blunt force trauma to the head?
According to the CDC "Falls are the leading cause of injury-related death among adults age 65 and older..."
7 story townhouse, spiral staircase, a 72 year old with recent health problems, accident waiting to happen IMO.

But I want to write, I remember quite a few interviews in the 80's, long before the politics. Ivana was such a delight, I found her to be honest, kind, a caring mom, and down to earth, and willing and wanting to work in spite of her wealth.

May she Rest in Peace.

Last edited:
Falls for older adults are a serious problem in our country:

Falls prevention programs allow older adults to stay in their homes and out of nursing facilities.

If one turns quickly on stairs carrying a cup of coffee, one may fall sideways trying to keep the coffee from spilling and bruise their ribs. Don't ask me how I know.

Now if a person's bone density is lower -- most older women -- those ribs might break instead.

RIP, Ivana!

jmho ymmv lrr

She had a heart attack. Not sure if that contributed to her fall, or resulted from the fall. Very sad either way.
I’m a little surprised she didn’t have an elevator in a seven story townhouse. :(

This is what happened to my 87-year-old mother in 2009. She fell, broke her hip, and suffered cardiac arrest. ER attending said he couldn't be certain what happened first: Heart attack, fall, hip fracture, or fall, hip fracture, heart attack.

She had a heart attack. Not sure if that contributed to her fall, or resulted from the fall. Very sad either way.
I’m a little surprised she didn’t have an elevator in a seven story townhouse. :(

Correcting my post: This states that the townhouse was four stories, which sounds more reasonable. But it also had an elevator that she didn’t use.

Correcting my post: This states that the townhouse was four stories, which sounds more reasonable. But it also had an elevator that she didn’t use.
I really couldn't imagine there not being an elevator in the luxury townhouse, why she didn't use it is odd. JMO

This doesn't surprise me. I have seen a lot of wealthy, older women in Las Vegas, wearing crazy shoes. At some point, just wear comfy, safe "Mom/Grandma" shoes. Put away the heels at 60. Just my opinion.

Not sure what shoes she was wearing...but believe me, no one over age 30 needs to wear Manolo Blahnik sandals.

I worked with elderly people for over 14 years. Falls are deadly to aged bones, they break and splinter causing them unable to move and if it’s a diabetic, cardiac or a person with breathing problems death can occur faster. A broken rib can puncture a lung.

I worked with elderly people for over 14 years. Falls are deadly to aged bones, they break and splinter causing them unable to move and if it’s a diabetic, cardiac or a person with breathing problems death can occur faster. A broken rib can puncture a lung.
one I worked with was retired but still worked part time, very stable on her feet and still drove. she fell getting into the shower, hit her head laid unconscious for over 12 hours before found. She never came to .

But she had a lift at home.
Why not use it???
How strange!

Climbing these stairs must have been exhausting!

This doesn't surprise me. I have seen a lot of wealthy, older women in Las Vegas, wearing crazy shoes. At some point, just wear comfy, safe "Mom/Grandma" shoes. Put away the heels at 60. Just my opinion.

Not sure what shoes she was wearing...but believe me, no one over age 30 needs to wear Manolo Blahnik sandals.
I can testify to that. I sprained an ankle wearing some high wedge heels, that were skinny at the heel area, and so not supportive. I was walking down some steep stairs. This was like 20 years ago! So I wasn't even near 60, but !
:gahh!: I can't believe it was so long ago, but I'll regret it to this day. My ankle has never been the same. It got so bad that I can't even snow ski anymore. :(

But she had a lift at home.
Why not use it???
How strange!

Climbing these stairs must have been exhausting!
I do wonder if she was suffering from depression. Although, I also wonder why she was "hunched over" while walking around the city. What health problems was she suffering from to cause that ? Wouldn't her children have been concerned and gotten her more help ? Honestly, I know nothing about this family, but.... I dont' think a 73 y/o person should be living in a four story townhouse. They should be in a one story anything else. JMO So sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crankymomma
Back