NY NY - Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, Greenwich, 13 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=d11781f8-edf8-4554-bd68-0cc195f010c2

25 Jan 08

Among the allegations, that Stephen Kerr and Jocelyn McDonald, Jaliek's adoptive parents, let family members run around naked.

Person says Kerr also punished his adopted son by dunking him in a creek.

She alleges that, on the morning of Jaliek's disappearance, Kerr took a shower and returned movies before calling police to notify them that his adopted son was gone.

Cambridge-Greenwich Police Chief George Bell tells FOX23 News, "That was within his own admission to us early on which we thought was kind of weird in itself that he took care of all of this other stuff before he called police that morning."

and

Investigators still can't get a DNA sample from Stephen Kerr.

Kerr also refuses to take a polygraph test.

Bell says he doesn't have enough information for a warrant or to name Kerr as a suspect.

Chief Bell defends his public crusade against Kerr, the last person to see Jaliek alive.

"It's not so much what the police have done to Stephen; it's how Stephen has portrayed himself through media and whatever and his lack of cooperation that has put him as a person of interest in this case," Bell tells us.

more at link

I agree that this is fake. Who picks up a hitchhiker on a remote road and looks at a pole for a number. WNYT TV reports that father has been asked to clarify some info in note and has not contacted authorities to do so.

Sounds like the same thing that Drew Peterson is doing. Not fooling anyone though. That violent father is guilty and sooner or later the truth will win out and he will be arrested. Maybe his wife too.

Sounds like the same thing that Drew Peterson is doing. Not fooling anyone though. That violent father is guilty and sooner or later the truth will win out and he will be arrested. Maybe his wife too.

ITA!!! I have felt that he was guilty from the time this story broke! I will be so glad when Jaliek is found and given a proper burial. I hope the b*stard that did this pays!!

I wonder if the area around the grandfather's home was even searched. If it was how much of it was searched? Did they take cav dogs out there to look for a grave? That creep had the perfect dumping ground if I remember right. From what I've heard it is good to search 5 miles all the way around a place that the body might be. Call in Tim Miller and Co and let them have a go at that area.

This guy is a real jerk...creep..and I'm really wondering about his wife. She allowed him to abuse those kids or at least this little guy. She knew what was going on and what a short fuse he has yet there she is still with him even after this little guy goes missing. She knows what happened. I hope they don't get away with this. They have to find that little guy.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S334809.shtml?cat=300

3 Feb 08

“A lot of people are thinking, having different thoughts about what's going on in the case and we just want to be able to look into every single avenue,” said Jamie Richardson, a private investigator who can't show his face on camera.

“It's easier for us to gather information if we can anonymously be in the community,” added Richardson.

His organization called 'Mission Possible Investigation' is taking on Jaliek's case. They've set up a tip hot line, 708-1219.

The investigative firm has existed in the capital region for 10 years. Richardson says they specialize in missing person and child abuse cases.

more at link

I think and hope the foster dad just made a crucial mistake in mailing this letter (if he did indeed mail it) Which IMO he did.

I read a post over at that link posted on here a few mins ago, and it so made sense.

If someone did take him so that he could be there drug mule, why would they send a letter, and let everyone know they are a drug dealer???? Why wouldn't they just keep letting people assume he is dead at the hands of his foster dad???

Kel

It is so obvious that Kerr killed Jaliek. What are they waiting to find a body in order to arrest him? I'm guessing that Kerr sent that letter and he is just making a mockery of the authorities. His behavior of tearing down posters of Jaliek and his wording of things; maybe police are waiting for him to completely lose his mind and then arrest him.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=7836589

7 Feb 08

Working on a new tip, police searching for a missing 12-year-old boy from New York will conduct a new search Thursday.

Jaliek Rainwalker has not been seen since his father left him with a family member more than two months ago, at a home in Greenwich. His father is the prime suspect in the case.

Police plan to search a lower section of the Hudson River Thursday morning. They believe the boy's father might have been in that area the day before he reported his son missing.

This is my first time coming here.........

I am so upset with this statement:

Stephen Kerr was told that he could not unadopt Jaliek:

I am an adopted person.....................I called my Mom when I read this and asked her if she or Dad ever felt this way. (See, that is how much it affected me, even though I KNEW better!)

Her response was what I knew it would be from a LOVING adopted mother/father. Of course NOT!!! Not only did they adopt me, but they also adopted my brother and were foster parents for at least 20 other children until my bro and I asked one day, Mom.............are you going to give us up to? Dad and Mom at that point, felt to make us secure, they could no longer be foster parents.

Sorry for the off topic.......need to read some more here.

www.wnyt.com is reporting that a search of an area of the Hudson River was conducted today by State Police divers- no evidence found today. A search warrant was issued for the residence of Steven Kerr and his wife. It was not reported what information was provided for a judge to issue this warrant at this time. I hope they continue to persue this young boys disappearance as the adoptive parents have been so uncooperative.

http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=7844098

8 Feb 08

After a full-day search, there is still no sign of Jaliek Rainwalker. On Thursday, police searched a home where Rainwalker's adoptive father, Stephen Kerr, a person of interest in the case, and his wife had recently been staying.

It is also the place where Kerr says Jaliek was last seen before the boy disappeared in early November. While on the scene, NEWS10 crews saw Greenwich Police put a computer from the house into a squad car, along with several packages.

Chief George Bell of the Greenwich Police Department, said that they did find new potential evidence in the case, but he would not say what exactly that evidence was.

The chief also is not saying whether the search had anything to do with anonymous letters that were recently mailed to local media. The typed letters, complete with a Westchester, NY postmark, claim that Jaliek is alive.

Police in Troy searched parts of the Hudson River on Thursday, looking for more clues. Officials say Kerr was in that area the night Jaliek went missing.

I pray that they will find Jaliek safe, but if that isn't to be, I pray the evidence that has been found is enough to put someone behind bars.

Thank you all for updating the thread.

On October 23, 2007 , Stephen Kerr was told that he could not unadopt Jaliek:

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008802060351

I've never heard of an adoption that cannot be undone. That must be the law in NY state because it certainly isn't the law in IL as I have worked with dozens of kids whose adoptions were rescinded at the request of the adoptive parents.
Maybe the circumstances there mean that if you want to undo an adoption you have to be declared an "unfit parent" and they would take the remainder of his children as well? Given the situation, that doesn't sound like a bad idea...

I pray for his safety.
This is such a sad case.

Searching the Hudson River at this point is a lost cause. Unless Kerr put him in shallow water, it is very fast moving. Bodies have been know to wash up in the East River from it and elsewhere. I hate to have to say it like that.. it's true though.
I recall reading that Kerr & Co had a summer home or something of the sort in VT, was that ever checked out?
I hope they nail him and his wife before they are a severe flight risk. If Kerr was going to Romania, who's to say he won't just take off?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back