Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good suggestion, and I hope that her family will pursue new searches. I feel really sorry for her poor mom (and other family members, as well). She seems very grateful that people are wanting to help, but also very unsure about what LE thinks is best. I find this unfortunate, as it must be so very hard not knowing what is what when you have a missing loved one.

Someone in a fb comment said they'd emailed Nancy Grace. As much as some people hate her, we gotta admit that she gets to the bottom of cases just like this one! Unfortunately, the Jodi Arias trial will have top coverage until it's done, so it's highly doubtful she would cover Jennifer's case any time soon.
Nancy Grace is a great noise-maker, if it were me and I could get her interested, i'd do it.

The Arias Trial is in recess until Jan.29th and the Prosecution Rested its case yesterday. :what: I am sure NG will still be talking about Arias, but she should be freed up some, as these event in the Arias Trial reportedly came unexpected.

She might get all over this case, if someone can get her interested.

Clearly, IMO, they believe that there is a crime scene and that something has happened to Jennifer.

Now just where, when, how, and who?

After all the craziness yesterday with GR, I can honestly say that he's a real piece of work. Definitely not acting like someone who's wife is missing in any capacity.

I missed the whole FB threat thing --- can anyone elaborate?

TIA

(respectfully snipped)

I agree - I think this looks like they think there is evidence that she is somewhere in the area. The only other reason I can think of why they would not want people out and about is if they thought it was a safety issue.

Funnily enough, GR's statements almost make me think he's NOT responsible - in that he'd have to be several slices short of a sandwich in order to be behaving the way he is if he was involved. However, I think it's possible that those slices are, for want of a better phrase, indeed missing. But that worries me.

But anyway, trying to understand what's going on. Jillian, perhaps you could help me with this question. When the idea of the search was first raised with LE (this search, I mean - not the previous time when they said not to search), were they less discouraging about it than they were later in the piece, after the back-and-forth between the two FB pages?

There's definitely something major going on behind the scenes IMO. When Mickey went missing, the PD completely supported the family and friend's efforts to get a search going, I assume because they had no clue as to what happened to her. The only thing I can think of is that the PD know WAY more than they are letting on here, and only time will tell I guess. Frustrating, I know.

I don't know what to make of GR. He definitely gives off strange vibes, but the police haven't said he's not cooperating or anything. I just don't know.

Come home soon Jennifer :(
In Mickey's case, the family and friends were extremely active, enlisting every living person and resource imaginable, to help find Mickey. They were going to stop at nothing, until they found Mickey and the answers they needed. And they did just that.

And you can bet Websleuths.com helped, because we sure did!
As awful as that case was, Mickey's family and community were a pleasure to help.

For whatever reason, the family/community behavior's here are very different, IMO.

In Mickey's case, the family and friends were extremely active, enlisting every living person and resource imaginable, to help find Mickey. They were going to stop at nothing, until they found Mickey and the answers they needed. And they did just that.

And you can bet Websleuths.com helped, because we sure did!
As awful as that case was, Mickey's family and community were a pleasure to help.

For whatever reason, the family/community behavior's here are very different, IMO.

Believe me, they are insanely grateful to everyone who helped, both near and far. Mickey was my SIL's best friend, and without the help of everyone, I don't think we'd know today what happened to her. Worst summer ever, by far.

It breaks my heart that Jennifer's family seems so quiet! Unless there is more that they know, which I have to assume, or I'll go crazy.

I stayed away from Websleuths for a while, after everything this summer, but it never ceases to amaze me how y'all work tirelessly every day, to bring loved ones home.

In Mickey's case, were the volunteer community searchers working with the approval of and coordination with the police?

The local paper here in Norwich has an update on the "Search being cancelled" - the paper is The Evening Sun (evesun).

All I can say is, I wish LE would make a statement. ANY kind of statement! It's been too long and I feel it would settle some crazy tension if they made some kind of peep even if they had nothing new to say.

Is this 'you're only seeing 32% of the story, subscribe now..' thing new? Like, since JR went missing new? I can understand it must be tough to keep a local paper going these days, and I'm sure their pageviews are off the charts since they started covering her case, so I don't exactly blame them - just wondering?

This case is really starting to resemble Gail Palmgren's case. I hope this doesn't turn out anything like that one!!

Is this 'you're only seeing 32% of the story, subscribe now..' thing new? Like, since JR went missing new? I can understand it must be tough to keep a local paper going these days, and I'm sure their page views are off the charts since they started covering her case, so I don't exactly blame them - just wondering?

fringles, not new at all.. Many newspapers & other media outlets began using this revenue source/tactic a few years ago due to the economy/loss of advertising, etc...
My first experience with this change was with the Tallahassee Democrat Newspaper about 4 years ago and it serves the capital of FL.. This was a bad decision, imo..

Local | Tallahassee Democrat | tallahassee.com
www.tallahassee.com/section/NEWS01/LocalTallahassee,news,Leon county,FL,Florida,FSU,breaking news, courts,headlines,local ... Bob Gabordi's blog- Great news: Lower Sunday newsstand price .... Subscribers log in to view a replica of the print edition of the Tallahassee Democrat ...

Is this 'you're only seeing 32% of the story, subscribe now..' thing new? Like, since JR went missing new? I can understand it must be tough to keep a local paper going these days, and I'm sure their pageviews are off the charts since they started covering her case, so I don't exactly blame them - just wondering?

No, it is not new.

I live very close to where the cell phone was found. It was found at the Intersection of SR23 and Moon Hill Road (a seasonal road that back in December would have been accessible). This road leads up to Resevoir Hill road, and if you continue straight, you would go onto Blackman Road (seasonal) that take you up into the Pharsalia Statelands (which is very muddy).

The route from Norwich to Syracuse would have been SR23 west to County Route 16 to SR 26 north to SR80/26 to SR13 up to Cazenovia. Where the cell phone was found is about 1/4 mile past the turn off for County Route 16. That is strange.

Just west of Moon Hill is another seasonal road, Chan Aldrich (mudddy at the top) that also goes up to Resevoir Hill Road, and just across that road, there are State Lands that lead up to Round Pond.

Both Moon Hill and Chan Aldrich roads have steep and deep ravines with water flowing, with waterfalls. I just wish I knew if this area has been searched or not.

Also, right around Christmas, there was a missing 13 year old hunter that got seperated from his dad. A major search of that area in the dark occurred with SAR. We had major snow, and I always wondered why the dad didn't just got and track his boys steps from where he last had seen him (we had like 2 feet of snow then). Makes me go Hmmm. The boy was reported missing around 5pm and found around 11pm supposedly.

Here's a map of the area depicting these sites:

http://goo.gl/maps/vJZlQ

A is the road she lived on
B is the Whaupaunaucau S.Land entrance (very remote / Seasonal Road)
C is where they found her car
D is where they found the cell phone
E is Plymouth - the route normally taken heading towards Syracuse (shortest Route)
G is Georgetown, a town on route to Syracuse

This is a very remote area. I know our snow here is probably affecting searches, but I'd still think anything would help.

Wanting to help is all! Great site!

This case is really starting to resemble Gail Palmgren's case. I hope this doesn't turn out anything like that one!!

Yes it does, bluenoser.. Deja vu?
I thought the same thing..
Ironically, where her jeep left the road and went off the cliff, a large bolder was moved due to the impact of her jeep. An observant neighbor noticed this the day after, but due to the silence by investigators, Gail was not located for over a year later...

Thank you, OffRoadRunner. The link worked fine.. Imo, there was very limited info provided in the article.

An update by Law Enforcement concerning the progress of the investigation is critical to keeping the community/public informed. Awareness is a very valuable resource in missing/murdered persons investigations..

The public has a right to know if their family's safety is in jeopardy, imo...

Thank you, OffRoadRunner. The link worked fine.. Imo, there was very limited info provided in the article.

An update by Law Enforcement concerning the progress of the investigation is critical to keeping the community/public informed. Awareness is a very valuable resource in missing/murdered persons investigations..

The public has a right to know if their family's safety is in jeopardy, imo...

This is why I've gotten involved - safety for my family - like I stated - the cell phone was found very close by and the location of her vehicle we drive by everyday taking our kids to school in Norwich.

I've messaged the Sheriff's FB page asking for a press brief, even if it is nothing, but something for the public's concern. Hopefully something will come of it!

Thanks!

This is why I've gotten involved - safety for my family - like I stated - the cell phone was found very close by and the location of her vehicle we drive by everyday taking our kids to school in Norwich.

I've messaged the Sheriff's FB page asking for a press brief, even if it is nothing, but something for the public's concern. Hopefully something will come of it!

Thanks!

Is the sense in the local community that there is a predator amongst you? Just curious how the locals are feeling and what they think happened to her..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member