Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although TES was dispatched to Lafayette, LA when Mickey Shunick vanished, community volunteers came out in droves. Mighty Mick's investigation should be a template for all other missing persons cases across the US, imo...

From abduction by a stranger sexual predator/serial killer, to conclusion of a confession, conviction, and LWOP sentencing in less than 90 days...

The search for Mickey Shunick has exploded on a national level and on social media. Before there were search parties on the ground, a Facebook campaign to find her was already in full swing.

(respectfully snipped and bolded)

And the naysayers think we should leave it all to LE??

(respectfully snipped and bolded)

And the naysayers think we should leave it all to LE??

Abigail, if you research missing/murdered persons investigations. The one common denominator that keeps popping up is that silence and misinformation by Law Enforcement, combined with the lack of awareness by MS Media, usually ends without a rescue or Justice being served...imo

. The suspect in the Mickey Shunick abduction was arrested long before the Tox reports were back, a verified COD, or before her body was located. The Tox Report excuse by the CC Prosecutor, is just that; an excuse by a prosecutor utilizing antiquated reasoning, imo....

Bumping..
http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1746080614/Sheriff-Dont-inhibit-missing-mom-search
January 19, 2013
Sheriff: Don't inhibit missing mom search
By Joe Mahoney
The Daily Star
Chenango County Sheriff Ernest Cutting said Friday he is discouraging local citizens from conducting their own searches for Jennifer Ramsaran, the 36-year-old mother of three who has been missing since Dec. 11 under suspicious circumstances.
"They could very well destroy evidence," Cutting told The Daily Star.

It's spring turkey season in NY.. Turkey hunters are very aware and cover a large area of the forest while hunting...They should be made aware of Jennifer's case, imo...There may be items of significance that have yet to be located; purse, etc.. anyone know if JR's clothes were located?..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvPdMvimbHE

Stopping in. Happy Easter to all. Jennifer and her children have been on my mind all day. :(. Funny how someone you never even met can be a central thought. Watching my kids this morning I thought how awful it is that she is missing this time with them...how awful today must be for them to not have their mother... I worried that GR didn't do enough to make it Easter for them... Ticked that he is able to even be with them on Easter.... Sad for Jennifer's parents and sister who didn't get to celebrate with her today..... It's not fair that her death is as it seems going unnoticed. How can someone who was on this earth for 36 years, had three beautiful children, and touched many's lives (girl scouts, church, knitting class, caretaker, etc) just be killed and it get basically brushed aside like a goldfish in a tank. She deserves justice. Her life was worth more than a cold case with what I'm starting to think are incompetent LE. Inform the public or do something. Why let this man have even more time with his children than he deserves.... Haven't they been through enough? I'm frustrated with this case. The women here who was murdered / child raped at a different Syracuse mall a few weeks ago has had so much media coverage. I feel stupid comparing but Jennifer too deserved to have her story out there. Months ago...when perhaps someone could have helped.

As a side note I found myself going to the grocery store at 9:30 last night and could not stop thinking about Jennifer being alone and who knows what happened..... I actually was a bit scared being on my own. Is the community safe? LE's silence tells me in general, yes. But their lack of an arrest tells me otherwise. If they had any evidence, why sit on it..... This man (using the term loosely) has three children in his care.....

As a side note I found myself going to the grocery store at 9:30 last night and could not stop thinking about Jennifer being alone and who knows what happened..... I actually was a bit scared being on my own. Is the community safe? LE's silence tells me in general, yes. But their lack of an arrest tells me otherwise. If they had any evidence, why sit on it..... This man (using the term loosely) has three children in his care.....

On every wed. i travel to take my grandkids back home from dinner and i think about her as well. I drive back home alone and think about her driving by herself and i know i wouldn't pick anybody up along the road, So feeling the way i do so i would never believe she would either. It's a feeling thats hard to really explain.

Stranger sexual predators/SK abductions leave obvious signs and residue in their path. Imo, Jennifer Ramsaran's disappearance was an impotent attempt at mirroring an abduction/murder by a stranger sexual predator, yet missed the mark..

Ask yourself, if our spouse vanished tomorrow, how many of us would have an airtight pre-planned and documented alibi? How many of us would discourage volunteer searches? What is the probability of the spouse locating the cell phone the next day, while investigator's attempts were unsuccessful? Why have we been manipulated by the most likely person responsible for Jennifer Ramsaran's demise, imo?

Why is there no arrest/Justice for Jennifer Ramsaran & her family??
Get off your buttocks CC Sheriff and Prosecutor and do the job that you were elected to do....

Quite frankly, Amanda, I don't think the community is safe. Someone killed Jennifer. That person is still roaming free, most likely in Chenango County.

How could the community possibly be safe??

The LE in this case are just people .. trained people, but just people. Their kids probably go to school with Jen’s kids, they probably meet in the same public space with GR, Jen’s kids, Jen’s parents on various occasions.

I hope that they are not allowing personal relationships/acquaintances impede their 'take' on this homicide in any way.

Quite frankly, Amanda, I don't think the community is safe. Someone killed Jennifer. That person is still roaming free, most likely in Chenango County.

How could the community possibly be safe??

"Without Public Safety for our Families and Loved Ones, we have Nothing"..

"Imagine, if there was an arsonist or even a bear in our midst, we would be warned, yet news of the obvious presence of a murderer is silenced"..

I really do not think LE is "doing nothing". It is not easy to make a case when a body is not found at the time of death, especially if they cannot in fact even say how she died. And if nothing was found to connect any one person to her death.

I have a bad feeling about the similarities to Karen Swift's murder. It is almost eighteen months now and no sign of an arrest, LE still has not said how she died. Even if they feel they know who killed her, it is not always easy to line up enough evidence to make an arrest.

I really do not think LE is "doing nothing". It is not easy to make a case when a body is not found at the time of death, especially if they cannot in fact even say how she died. And if nothing was found to connect any one person to her death.

I have a bad feeling about the similarities to Karen Swift's murder. It is almost eighteen months now and no sign of an arrest, LE still has not said how she died. Even if they feel they know who killed her, it is not always easy to line up enough evidence to make an arrest.

Disagree, Cluciano63, I am fb friends with Sheriff Box of Dyersburg, TN, and he assured me that an arrest would be made as soon as the Tox reports were received. They were received over a year ago. Imo, simple incompetence and a gun shy prosecutor, coupled with the antiquated silence strategy by the DCSO, as has been witnessed in the Holly Bobo investigation which has also grown cold...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/28/americas-silent-disaster/?partner=RSS

'America's silent disaster:' Mysteries of the missing
FBI: More than 1,100 'active' missing-persons cases in Tennessee; exact number unknown

By Jim Balloch
Posted June 28, 2009 at midnight

'Easy' is not acceptable, cluciano63.. ULL Student Mickey Shunick's murderer was arrested, indicted, convicted, and sentenced without a COD or Body, due to the excellent work by the LPD Investigators, community awareness, & a competent Prosecutor...This was all accomplished within a 90 day window...
Her abduction was by a stranger sexual predator/serial killer; the most difficult abductions/murders to solve and prosecute...

But in Mickey's case, LE always knew they were looking for a white truck, which helped considerably. And the killer helped even more, by his ridiculously stupid acts afterward, IMO. Yes, there were lots of community searches, but Mickey would not have ever been found if he did not eventually give way.

I agree LE made mistakes in Jennifer's case, most glaringly in requesting that people not search. And that mistake may end up being too large to overcome, if cause of death cannot now be determined.

I hope that LE have the skills to determine a strong circumstantial case, if that is required.

And I hope that if they don’t have those skills, or the determination to get to the bottom of this, that they hand the case to an agency that does.

With the arrest rumors the other night one can only hope that the toxicology is in and maybe they just held off for the holiday to give the family a break.

With the arrest rumors the other night one can only hope that the toxicology is in and maybe they just held off for the holiday to give the family a break.

It would be nice if that was the case. J4J has a posting that GR was seen this weekend in Yonkers with the kids and family haveing fun! Maybe thats why they haven't arrested any one yet!!! Out of town, lets hope it don't turn into out of country!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TinaMarie77