Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, September 5, 2014: Jury hears of betrayal, 'obsession' on first day

http://www.thedailystar.com/news/local_news/article_3ccf5ed7-8a04-519a-bfa5-4a176038d313.html

Garcia argued that the evidence will fail to prove Jennifer Ramsaran was murdered,

Seriously? That's the best you can do in terms of a defense?? Do you honestly believe that any jury with anything resembling a brain are going to accept that she just walked all those miles naked down a busy highway on a blustery December day, and then threw herself off the side of the road?

I'm speechless about the reporting here, except for Alexa Green and Solus. Never seen such uninterested, half-hearted, half-assed journalism. It's a disgrace when there are people in the headlines losing their lives in the most horrible way, just to provide the world with information.

Garcia argued that the evidence will fail to prove Jennifer Ramsaran was murdered,

Seriously? That's the best you can do in terms of a defense?? Do you honestly believe that any jury with anything resembling a brain are going to accept that she just walked all those miles naked down a busy highway on a blustery December day, and then threw herself off the side of the road?

Fat chance. But he has to work with what he's got....

Garcia also cast doubt on the Dec. 11, 2012 timeline offered by McBride, noting it would have given Ganesh Ramsaran only 74 minutes to leave the house in South New Berlin, dump the body in Pharsalia, ditch the phone in Plymouth, abandon the van in Norwich and then arrive at the YMCA at 12:44 p.m.

http://www.thedailystar.com/news/local_news/article_3ccf5ed7-8a04-519a-bfa5-4a176038d313.html

Umm...sorry, Garcia, but one of our very own sleuthers (the guy w/ the duck phone) already drove that entire route and proved it could be done -- and in less than an hour, I do believe! We need to pull up that priceless video!!

I'm speechless about the reporting here, except for Alexa Green and Solus. Never seen such uninterested, half-hearted, half-assed journalism. It's a disgrace when there are people in the headlines losing their lives in the most horrible way, just to provide the world with information.

When Jenn went missing only Joe M was interested in finding her, and the truth. So this doesn't surprise me.

On the subject of his looking chubbier - I imagine he's actually reverting to his "natural" shape

Garcia also cast doubt on the Dec. 11, 2012 timeline offered by McBride, noting it would have given Ganesh Ramsaran only 74 minutes to leave the house in South New Berlin, dump the body in Pharsalia, ditch the phone in Plymouth, abandon the van in Norwich and then arrive at the YMCA at 12:44 p.m.

Umm...sorry, Garcia, but one of our very own sleuthers (the guy w/ the duck phone) already drove that entire route and proved it could be done -- and in less than an hour, I do believe! We need to pull up that priceless video!!

I've been searching for just that. Can't find it though. :(

Solus, Jillian (and anyone I've missed), thank you for the updates. My heart aches for Joann and her parents; if you get the chance please let them know that even in England there's someone thinking of them, and of Jenn. :rose: What that man put them through then, and intends to put them through again now... just no (polite) words. :furious:

I read this

"I don't know anything about the relationship [affair]," said Remy's father Mangra Ramsaran. "But as far as I'm concerned, [it's] not because of a relationship he killed his wife. So the relationship has nothing to do with our daughter-in-law's disappearance."

(http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Jury-selected-in-Ramsaran-Trial-273830031.html)

Does that mean his own father has accepted/believes Remy murdered Jenn? Or is he just as much of a tongue-slipper as his son?

Jason Wicks testified first today. He and GR were best friends since 1996. GR started a relationship with ES in Jan/Feb of 2012 (not 2007 as was previously reported by McBride), but knew her before. He was happier with ES, and his love for Jen was waning by 2012. Also in 02/2012, GR talked about divorce. In the Fall of 2012, Jason and GR talked about GR keeping the affair from Jen. GR loved ES and considered her his soul mate. GR wanted to spend the rest of his life with ES. GR told Jason that ES sent GR nude pics around Halloween (2012). Jason said GR was on edge and anxious in 11/2012.

GR told Jason that he and Jen would get counseling, so that it would appear that GR was trying to work on the relationship. GR told Jason that his relationship with ES was "going great." During the end of 11/2012, ES went back to her husband. GR was upset, angry, and hurt. GR spoke with ES on 12/10/12 (day before Jen's murder), and GR then got back together with ES. A few days prior to this, GR bought ES a phone.

GR called Jason on 12/11/12 and chit chatted for over 5 minutes before telling him Jen was missing. Jason said GR sounded calm, not like a husband would whose wife was missing. Jason offered to come up to NY to help look for Jen. GR told him not to, saying that he wanted to keep a sense of normalcy for the kids. He was angry about Jason's offer. GR and Jason talked about Jen not being able to afford the house on her own (taxes, etc). In 01/2013, GR talked about ES moving in to help out with the kids. GR told Jason he didn't use (or have?) the iPhone app, yet 6 hours later used it. GR told him he found the phone but didn't touch it.

Side note: Garcia badgered the hell-o out of Jason. A lot of time was spent by Garcia objecting to questions asked by McBride, with much back and forth between the attorneys and the judge. Garcia kept asking Jason specifics about every conversation he and GR had before and after Jen was found. He also repeated questions frequently.

So disappointing ... hardly any tweets at all. Not used to that. Thank goodness for Solus and Jillian, and people like Joe Mahoney. People who want the world to know what happened to Jen.

Thank you everyone! :seeya:

Next up was former New Berlin Police Chief Dominick Commesso. DC talked about GR being dumbfounded and surprised that the iPhone app (or iPod app showing a map on the screen) worked when the police used it. He said "Oh My God! Something terrible happened. There's water there!" (Sorry that I can't be more specific about he iPhone app reports. Maybe someone else can clear this up for me). It appears as though the police used an app that showed a map of where the phone was, and that the dot was moving, showing movement of the phone (or signal?) when Jen was missing. Not sure if this is the same Iphone locator app. The dot was seen moving when GR was at the station.

Pictures of the iPhone (and the rock!) were shown. The phone was found 30-45' feet down, diagonal to a bridge. From the bridge straight down to the creek is 20'. There was no damage/scratching to the phone, despite being located on/in a bed of rocks so far down. DC said that Remy reported that his relationship with Jen had "never been better." Two-five hours later, Remy said, "no one's asked me, but I've had an affair."

More on the phone app: McBride said that the phone was tracked jumping back and forth from north to south (maybe weak signal was bounding around off the bridge?) but was never tracked to Syracuse. The officer agreed.

At this point, after many objections again from Garcia, he approached the bench without being asked to, and began whispering to the judge. McBride objected, saying that whispering to the judge isn't allowed.

Joann (sister) testified next. Joann offered to come help with the kids when Jen was reported missing. GR told her not to. GR made a FB post soon after Jen went missing, stating that he had never been to a funeral before, and that his wife's would be his first. He didn't understand why the family was upset by this, and took the post down soon after. On 12/13/12, two days after Jen was murdered, GR told Joann that Jen was sexting, was addicted to computer games, and screamed that Jen had betrayed him. He told the family not to believe the rumors about the affair with ES. He said that ES was a better mother to the kids than Jen ever was.

Tom (father) testified next. GR's parents arrived after Jen was reported missing. GR told the, "I don't want you here. Go home." GR called him 1/2 hour after she was expected home. He was very excited, called back 40 minutes later saying that he called the police.

Tom and Carol flew from Arizona to NY on 12/13/2014, and GR said that Jen left with someone. Five days after Jen went missing, GR said "I gotta get out of here, let's go for a ride." Tom drove, as GR gave directions on where to go ("turn right here," "turn left here"). GR guided Tom on a path from the home, past where the phone was located, and on to where the van was located. Tom saw Jen's van parked at the Plank Road Manor apartments, but didn't tell GR that he saw it. Later that night, Tom drove back to the van alone. He called 911. The van was covered in dry mud, as if it had been driven on a dirt road at a high rate of speed.

GR repeatedly insisted the Jen was on drugs. GR saw ES every other day when Jen was missing, and after the driveway. Her car was oftentimes parked in GR's driveway. GR forbade the children from waving to their grandparents while walking to or from the bus. They rarely saw the kids after the funeral. GR was very domineering. GR was acting fine at a sleep over party for one of the kids four days after Jen went missing.

Thanks, Jillian, Solus, and everyone who is sharing such great information from the trial. It's almost like being there!

Thanks Jillian. You're awesome by the way.

it was nice to meet you today, solus!

it was nice to see a lot of j4j'ers there today. nanababies and upstate were there too. the afternoon session got a little packed, and a lot of supporters of jen and her family had to sit on the other side of the courtroom.

also, re: the iPhone app: GR told solus that he either hadn't heard of or used the iphone locator app. yet, 6 hours later, he found the phone. before finding the phone, he had the police look for it twice using that app (on the cop's phone) but they couldn't find it after searching for 2 hours. at some point, i think an ipod was used and the screen showed a green dot moving north and south under the bridge where the phone was found (the signal from her phone). yesterday mcbride said that the phone pinged in the house after jen was reported missing. garcia asked the officer (today) if the green dot was moving north and south when GR was present at the station. the officer said that it was, and then "no further questions" from garcia.

anyone else who was there today, please feel free to clarify this because it got confusing to me.

also - jurors will be going to the house, and to the spot where jen was found. not sure when though.

snipped

Two days later on Dec. 13, 2012, Commesso said they began searching for Jennifer's cell phone using the 'Find My iPhone' app.

On the stand, Commesso said Remy tried to use the app to find Jenn's phone all morning, but had no luck.

Commesso said he then tried the app and there was a "ping," meaning the app had located Jenn's phone...

Commesso added that the colored dot, used to represent the missing phone on the app, appeared to be moving back and forth across the screen...

Commesso arrived at the bridge on State Route 23 where Remy was standing. He pointed down at the phone, but Commesso said they couldn't see it.

Commesso estimated that it was a 20-foot drop from the bridge. Where the phone was located was about 30-50 feet out.

http://www.wbng.com/home/Victims-sister-He-never-treated-Jenn-that-well-274161801.html

While driving, Renz said he saw two minivans that matched the color of his daughter's. They drove past these vans twice, according to Renz.

"Her van was a unique color," said Renz. "That's why they stuck out."

Renz didn't say anything to Remy, but after dropping him off at home, he returned to look at the van's.

When he discovered that one was his daughter's, he immediately dialed 911.

http://www.wbng.com/home/Victims-sister-He-never-treated-Jenn-that-well-274161801.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck