Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I saw something somewhere that the 'tryst' was an an old-fashioned turn of phrase turned out by our Joe, not GR or who-we-thought-it-was.

If it was Joe, it takes on a different meaning, I think. He may ( just guessing here) have been struggling to present an article in terms that would not result in a load of unpleasantness - or even worse, the article being pulled exactly when Jennifer really needed the media to highlight her case. Tryst is a word that's rarely used now, but if it was Joe, I think his motives were good.

If I'm mistaken and it was used by others, it may have been to reduce the impact of a husband and a best friend's betrayal of Jennifer. In which case, it's not only ridiculous, it's despicable.

ETA Sorry, what I quoted doesn't give a clue what I'm replying to - it was a post about the use of the word 'tryst' for affair/adultery/betrayal etc

wasn't it his spokesperson who used the phrase "alcohol fueled tryst"?

To refer to the Drew Peterson case again, the attorney who gave devastating evidence in the case against him only ever spoke to his wife Stacey on the phone, once. The call was hurried and interrupted by Drew himself, I think, asking Stacey who she was talking to. But in that short time, she told him enough to help get Drew convicted for the murder of his previous wife. I hope one day it may help convict him of the murder of Stacey too - though I'd rather there was a deal where he gave up Stacey's location, myself.

I don't think it will be crucial to Jennifer's case to determine exactly how she died myself. The fact she was found naked almost certainly precludes suicide or accident, and her car and phone being found in other locations reinforces that.

It all leads to a conclusion of murder really - even without knowing the info the DA has. A jury will then have to decide who had motive, means and opportunity to do it. There aren't many candidates, and one of them will be on trial. I'm certain Ganesh will be convicted myself, and I'm an incessant worrier.

I am more worried about how much more damage may be caused to Jennifer's loved ones during the trial, and what lengths Ganesh might go to. I think about his children, and wish he would make their futures easier, by doing the right thing.

I hope it is not too devastating for anyone close to the case, because I don't think devastation is something Jennifer would have wished on anyone, even though it visited her.

very well said, Z. and i worry about the kids, too. do you think they'll be called to testify? in family courts here in new york, sometimes kids attend a lincoln hearing which is just between them and the judge and the kids have to be a certain age. i think it's called "swearable age" or something similar. but again, that's family court. no jury there.

I rather liked that cat in the box analogy, Zweibel.

Zweibel, perhaps if you or someone else could gather the more recent media links, that would be helpful. I've only just now had time to log in and trying to catch up. The links I have below go to the end of May, so perhaps a new collection could be put together with pre-trial rulings (any media links from June to now) or something of that nature.

Happy to hear the benefit went well (we actually flew into NY on the same day), and that the more recent rulings have been in Jennifer's favor.

Someone posted on FB that you can get transcripts from all GRs hearings. Is that true? If so does anyone know where or how to get them?

Does anyone know why some people are able to put on a nice front and then go through life wreaking devastation upon others, and walk away from the wreckage with a sweet smile everytime? Is it because they attract a lot of enablers, or what?

Does anyone know why some people are able to put on a nice front and then go through life wreaking devastation upon others, and walk away from the wreckage with a sweet smile everytime? Is it because they attract a lot of enablers, or what?

I don’t get it either zwiebel … I don’t get it at all. No shame, no consequences, no guilt, no culpability … in fact, I’d go so far as to say cocky, brash, showy, and insensitive is more like it, all wrapped up in a poor me/helpless package.

“Keeping enabling can be temporarily helpful because it avoids confrontation. It also avoids negative consequences which may not only effect the dysfunctional person but may also affect the enabler as well.

When you enable another person you also have control over them. There is a false sense of importance that this person needs you. This is very common in a codependent relationship – and well-meaning parents, friends, and strangers can also get caught up in it too.” (Spouses too!)

http://www.untwist-your-thinking.com/enabling-behavior.html

Does anyone have the rest of the article in the Evening Sun today?

I was putting all the latest media links in a single post, and hoping the Star might have a story on the latest developments, because everyone can view there. No luck so far. I'll post the updated links in the media anyway -that's sure to make an article by Joe pop up in the Daily Star tomorrow, and make my media post immediately out of date!

It's a little off topic but, while I was searching, I found this article all about the original radio airing of War of the Worlds, which had most of America fleeing for their lives. Except locally apparently, where everyone stayed put and just ignored it. That staying power and unshakeable conviction is what some people didn't take into account in Jennifer's case, I reckon.

http://thedailystar.com/marksimonson/x934966307/War-of-the-Worlds-caused-little-local-concern

I don’t get it either zwiebel … I don’t get it at all. No shame, no consequences, no guilt, no culpability … in fact, I’d go so far as to say cocky, brash, showy, and insensitive is more like it, all wrapped up in a poor me/helpless package.

“Keeping enabling can be temporarily helpful because it avoids confrontation. It also avoids negative consequences which may not only effect the dysfunctional person but may also affect the enabler as well.

When you enable another person you also have control over them. There is a false sense of importance that this person needs you. This is very common in a codependent relationship – and well-meaning parents, friends, and strangers can also get caught up in it too.” (Spouses too!)

http://www.untwist-your-thinking.com/enabling-behavior.html

Trying to get caught up, but thought this was particularly well said.

I haven't been on in forever, I'm gonna be a while catching up -- Did you miss me

:loveyou:

I wonder why GR doesn't just want to get the trial over and done with ... if he is innocent as he claims. He seems to be doing things to hold the trial off - like his big effort to get the prosecutor kicked off the case, etc.

Oh well, just means more time spent in secure accommodation ....

:thanksgiving: Hey everyone~

Let's all keep Jennifer's children and family in our thoughts and prayers, today and always. Thank you all, for all you've done to help.

~ Wishing you all a blessed day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members