Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM -- I have actually heard of people making plans and carrying on with life as usual right up until the moment of their suicide, and no one around them noticing that anything was different. It doesn't seem like this would be the case, does it!? And I don't have any statistics to add or anything, but I've definitely heard/read about this before.

ETA: When I read back what I wrote here, it sounds like an ignorant post, which it is! Take it with a grain of salt, for sure, as I know little to nothing about suicide. But I do remember reading or hearing about people who have committed suicide, and people close to them recalling that the person had recently discussed future plans. FWIW. I believe it was during some discussion on another case I was following.

You're right, krey. The theory (one of them, anyway), is that suicidal people who have already planned everything out and have emotionally already "checked out" experience a sense of calm, often euphoria even, because they are about to be met with everlasting peace, that will replace their pain and torment. That's why people who are suicidal oftentimes actually act happier than anyone's every seen them before. And in the mental health field, it's a HUGE red flag.

I don't see this in Jennifer's case. Not at all, IMO.

This case is no different from most of the cases here. Until and unless someone is named a suspect or person of interest then we do not sleuth or accuse them of being a suspect. It has nothing to do with protecting anyone.

We are a victim friendly site and at this time the family is considered victims as well.

If you all have questions you can pm me or any Mod here. Lets leave this thread open for discussing Jennifer.

Ima

Ima, I totally respect what you do and inspire one day to be in your sleuthing shoes but I have a question.

I dont know what happened to JR and my hope is that she is alive and did leave.

With that said and I'm treading light and trying to be sensitive and cautious ....

How did Todd Smith get brought into speculation for Katrina's disappearance without being named a suspect?

Just trying to have a clear understanding and don't want to violate any rules.

FYI, there was just a preview on TV for the upcomming evening news on WSTM out of Syracuse. They said that they would have an "update" on JR during thier 10:00PM report. Time Warner channel 3 for us locals. For those of you out of town, here is a link to WSTM's website. If you check it after 10:00PM eastern, you should be able to see the news story.
http://www.cnycentral.com/

CORRECTION... the news comes on at 11:00PM eastern, not 10:00PM, sorry.

I still continue to wonder if her purse, from that day ( or any purse) and her wallet, her identification, credit or debit cards, and a passport, if she has one, or SS card and birth certificate......if one or any of those items are missing...

I believe I recall you asking these questions on this thread before.... And I am VERY curious for the answers, too, Sreshowtime!

:please:

Lavanda,
Was her purse found?

Television News Media

Remy Ramsaran will be doing a number of media interviews to help bring awareness to Jennifer's missing status. We ask that once the interviews and news reports are done that the public please help share through numerous available online social networks so that it will further bring attention to her case. Thank you.

Lavanda,
Will these interviews be comprised of pre-arranged questions? Or will the interviewer be able to ask freely?

In this case though, the police didn't say "don't search." They said if you're going to search to 1. STOP and immediately call 911 if anyone sees anything suspicious, and 2. be safe. Yes, they discouraged the search, but they didn't say "don't search," and they were fully aware of our plans. They can't disallow people to search public property, or even private property as long as the searcher has permission to search on said private property. The police only emphasized their discouragement after someone called complaining loudly about it.

Sounds about right, sadly.

The police could have met us on that Sunday to further prepare us, in my opinion, if that was their concern. The search scenes weren't going to fold out looking like people trudging through the snow, clumsily tripping over each other, grabbing at items should they see some, holding them up and shouting, "Hey! Check this out! Look what I found," before stuffing it in a lint-filled wool pocket. I would think that most people have common sense, and would tread lightly after listening to the rules prior to the search. It was by no means going to be a free for all...

Has this ever happened? A killer going free because a hiker found and touched evidence? I mean, it's certainly plausible that that could happen, but how likely, I wonder?

Lavonda, do you know if our police will (or can) plea to the media for people to check their own properties and property boundaries? Someone mentioned the teacher that went missing a couple of years ago, and I believe LE put out an announcement asking for people to check their property. I think that's how she was found, actually (?) Why isn't our local LE doing that? Just a thought...
This may be O/T.... But something I feel needs to be said...

I was so impressed with the organized search Jillian planned...

Food, shelter by the fire dept. (IIRC), and a very large group of people willing and able to search..

I feel this quick organization would have been incredibly beneficial for Jennifer AND the community... As people want to be proactive in helping to find her...

from the various reactions by a limited amount of people... Only one that I can think of... This great effort was thwarted... For reasons I still have no idea why.. But have my speculations...

I feel it was a disrespectful response to a search that I know would be handled professionally... And I am disappointed in that lack of support from the minimal... But "loud" portion of the community!

:rocker: to you Jillian and the people who put such great effort into the well planned search!

Someone knows

For the most part I always believe someone usually knows something about all those missing...sometimes they may not even realize they know something which is why it is important to keep pushing the posters and getting the awareness out there.

This may be O/T.... But something I feel needs to be said...

I was so impressed with the organized search Jillian planned...

Food, shelter by the fire dept. (IIRC), and a very large group of people willing and able to search..

I feel this quick organization would have been incredibly beneficial for Jennifer AND the community... As people want to be proactive in helping to find her...

from the various reactions by a limited amount of people... Only one that I can think of... This great effort was thwarted... For reasons I still have no idea why.. But have my speculations...

I feel it was a disrespectful response to a search that I know would be handled professionally... And I am disappointed in that lack of support from the minimal... But "loud" portion of the community!

:rocker: to you Jillian and the people who put such great effort into the well planned search!

It is always very frustrating when the police halt searches...however as said previously if a professional SAR Team was conducting the actual search then Jillians excellent work in organizing it may have been approved. Just as an example...you do know that not all physical evidence is allowed to be entered into a criminal trial, correct? So if invariably this becomes a criminal trial...I am positive that nobody would ever want some crucial evidence thrown out that could have convicted someone. Many times crucial evidence is thrown out because it was not collected or followed by appropriate channels and chain of custody. I cannot begin to tell you how many searches for missing loved ones are turned DOWN by law enforcement even when it costs them nothing, a Professional SAR team will be conducting the search and the family themselves give their blessings. Believe me...too many.

Eats hamburgers plain, no condiments.
Loves cherry coke but lately drank a lot of water with lemon.
Jennifer is left handed.
She hates whipped cream.
She is not a morning person.
She loves Boston creme donuts.
She does not eat sandwiches or subs, ever.
She has dyslexia.
She hates coffee but likes tea with sugar.
She loves romantic comedies.
Favorite movies are 50 First Dates, Forrest Gump and Couples Retreat.
Loves to read romance novels and sci-fi fantasy books.
She loves Gordon Ramsey and Top Chef (tv show), Ghost Hunters and Rachel Ray.
Other shows she likes are Survivor, Amazing Race and Hell's Kitchen.
99% of the time she wears no makeup at all, including not wearing lipstick.
She prefers her hair worn down.
Her clothes are almost always pretty casual, however, the last 3-4 months she started dressing up every time she left the home.
She likes Friendly's restaurant an JoAnn's Fabric and Craft Stores.
Jennifer is a walker, not a jogger or runner due to pins in her toes from surgery when a teenager.
She has not worn a dress nor a skirt in many years.
She is more introverted as opposed to extroverted so if she were in a long line waiting she would patiently and quietly wait there. She would not become impatient either.
She has never smoked.
She never wore nail polish until about six months ago when nail polish became the norm.
She uses Lite Italian Vinegarette dressing on her salad; if eating out and they don't offer it she will choose balsamic dressing.
She is an excellent cook but stopped cooking the two months prior to her disappearance.
Jennifer likes reading and writing her own short stories.
~snipped for space~

Thank you for sharing these details of Jennifer's personality and interests, etc. :tyou:
I can identify with Jenn a TON.....I wish so dearly that she could be found and continue doing all of these things! :please:

~snipped for space~

Thank you for sharing these details of Jennifer's personality and interests, etc. :tyou:
I can identify with Jenn a TON.....I wish so dearly that she could be found and continue doing all of these things! :please:

I pray the very same.

Lavanda,
Will these interviews be comprised of pre-arranged questions? Or will the interviewer be able to ask freely?

The only people I know that have pre-arranged questions for interviews are celebrities. Most of the media always consult with PD first and get permission and confirmation from law enforcement as to what they cannot divulge.

Lavanda, Do you know why Jennifer stopped cooking for the family? Who tended to the kids dinners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en