Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have an answer to whether or not there were any life insurance policies on Jennifer.

The more interesting question is when those policies, if any exist, may have been taken out.

Now we learn from GR that Jennifer had not simply undergone "behavioral changes," but the very core and essence that defines an individual-one's character, changed:

“Her character did change over the last six or nine months.”

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x730446876/Facebook-pages-join-search-for-New-Berlin-woman

really poor choice of words imhoo

char·ac·ter
/ˈkariktər/
Noun
The mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.
The distinctive nature of something.

Glad to see the new article and to see that it was fair and balanced. The reporter took the information he was given but went digging a bit himself and even got a statement from the police officer. I hope the reporter keeps it up!

My thoughts and prayers are with Jennifer's mother and father as well. No one should have to see their name in the news like that. :no:

Thoughts on the article:

- He's d*mned if he does or doesn't admit it regarding the life insurance IMO. While it's perfectly understandable to have one, since he knows people are questioning his involvement, I imagine he didn't want to admit it, knowing what everyone would then say. However, IMO it's better to come clean about it as the statement he did make is as good as an admission. But I can imagine his reasoning.

- Is it not a generally very widely accepted rule of the world not to mess with one's mother-in-law?

- Online gaming... I'm so done with hearing about this. Even if she DID run off with someone on there, I see zero reason why the online thing needs to be public fact constantly, as the general local public knowing it brings no benefit at all that I can see to finding her.

- I think it was IHAVENOCLUE who posted the constrasting statements where very early on he thought she was dead. This to me is maybe the strongest wording he's used saying he's sure she's alive? I mean 'there's no reason for me to believe..' How about the fact that she hasn't been seen in over two months?

- I think LE's declining to comment at all on the life insurance thing, and presumably anything else, is telling, personally.

- About the lack of phone records and the earlier statements about her phone leading them to think she ran away - I presumed that that referred to info on the phone itself (whether or not it was relevant/factual) I was imagining someone going through her phone. However, I would also imagine the police took the phone, fairly quickly, so as far as I can tell there could only be one person who did that and then passed that info on, and that's the person who found the phone.

However, it's also possible/likely that the phone was being backed up on the home computer, and thus it would be possible to access it, in the state it was in when it was last backed up, and also to download that info onto a new phone - which I think would make it easier to view?

- Needless to say I disagree with GR's comments about the HFJ fb page. I think it's particularly weird to say that 'they know nothing' right after saying her own mother has posted there.
:seeya:
I would like to be the one who posted quotes from GR contrasting his attitudes/beliefs surrounding how Jen disappeared (in the first week he had already indicated an acceptance of her death) .. But, alas, it wasn't me...

It might be a good time to re-post it, though, for a refresher?

I don't have it at my finger tips... But maybe someone else does?

TIA..:seeya:

I hope the journalist who wrote this recent article recognizes our appreciation here on WS...:please:

Theoretically, I wonder if the change in statements about whether or not she met foul play has a deeper significance. Just thinking about timings.....

If, in theory, Jen was harmed at home, there is a limited amount of time available to do anything with a body. Perhaps she was taken somewhere fairly visible, or at least visible enough that there were fears she would be discovered - hence the talk of foul play. And then later maybe she was moved somewhere where the perp was confident she would never be found... then the shift to running away.

This is totally a hazy theory, just thinking aloud really. Or, atyped, more accurately.

I really agree with this. I think that the van would have stuck out like a sore thumb during daylight hours, if he was trying to get rid of her body. I am wondering if he stashed her in the van somewhere and went back last to finish??????? JMO

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3032600/vp/50879991#50879991
Secrets in the midst..

Missing Jennifer Ramsaran NY... Deja vu?
Many missing persons investigations grow cold when all available resources are not utilized by Law Enforcement... The American public is a very valuable resource to squander..

Can you see this video? I saw this posted online & couldn't locate it? Would love to see it.

Just bumping to remind what GR said - that Jennifer would never leave. That he had no hope that she'd return alive, etc. Talk about all over the map. It's like he throws different theories out there to see what sticks and when it's torn apart, he moves on to the next. Clearly, this is JMO.

"Jen would NEVER EVER leave our kids and I willingly,” the posting continued. “She has never left home and not keep in contact within 2-3 hours via phone or text. She would never miss our daughters’ Winter Concert last night or her birthday tomorrow. I hate to say this but I have given up hope that she’ll be found safe and sound."

“All I want is for Jen to come walking through our front door safe and sound and giving us all hugs, but I have lost all faith that will be the case."

This was MSM December 19th - so just a week after Jenn went missing.

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1...ea-woman/print

There's no doubt in my mind that we're not going to see her again," Ramsaran said. "There's not doubt in my mind. And that's what keeps us strong."

http://jenniferramsaran.blogspot.com/p/news-links.html

Can you see this video? I saw this posted online & couldn't locate it? Would love to see it.

Caring4Many, I believe that this is Friday Nights Dateline Special and is the preview for Secrets in the Midst;

Carol Lubahn suddenly vanishes, leaving behind her family. Authorities search for answers with the help of Facebook and social media. Keith Morrison reports.

Caring4Many, I believe that this is Friday Nights Dateline Special and is the preview for Secrets in the Midst;

Carol Lubahn suddenly vanishes, leaving behind her family. Authorities search for answers with the help of Facebook and social media. Keith Morrison reports.

Ok now I see it-it's actually one of the previews at the top of the page. Should be interesting. I was able to see it here:
http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/preview-secrets-in-the-mist/17y50ewoi

Check out this new article about that same case:
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...of-Torrance-Woman-Lubahn-Clark-186249022.html

So if there is a life insurance policy or policies on Jennifer wouldn't she need to be found for them to be collected on?

I am thinking some of GR's verbalizations that seem so odd may be coming from a person who's second language is English. I am only saying that other people who learn English after knowing another native language such as say, French, Spanish or Dutch, might not use English in quite as sophisticated a way as some of us. It isn't that unusual to have esl speakers to use the improper context, tense etc.

What man in his right mind would publicly skewer his in-laws? IMO, that is a bad choice. Men out there know about in-laws and the delicate balance one must keep for marital harmony.

Yes, unless of course you knew your wife was no longer with us. Then you would say whatever you like wouldnt you?

So if there is a life insurance policy or policies on Jennifer wouldn't she need to be found for them to be collected on?

Yes I would think so. I think the only way would be have her declared dead. But this wouldn't be able to done for many many years.
Interesting that he refuses to answer though??
I would think it would be normal for people who had kids to have life insurance?

I am thinking some of GR's verbalizations that seem so odd may be coming from a person who's second language is English. I am only saying that other people who learn English after knowing another native language such as say, French, Spanish or Dutch, might not use English in quite as sophisticated a way as some of us. It isn't that unusual to have esl speakers to use the improper context, tense etc.

IIRC he moved to the US when he was very very young. So I'm thinking English is in fact his first language?

So GR says the HFJR FB page has done more harm to the investigation than to aid it? He should let us know specifically how it has harmed the investigation and what has he done to help it?

What we do know about the case is from the media, law enforcement and from the Lost and Missing organization, so I don't see how we got anything wrong, maybe he can elaborate on that some as well.

To say we are stangers is one thing, to say Jennifer's mom and family doesn't know anything about the case is something else. In my opinion Jennifer's Mom knows more than she ever wanted to I'm pretty sure about that.

He could of course talk to Jennifer's family more and let them know what they don't know?

I'm not sure how anything being discussed about his wife missing has impacted his children. How can you impact them any more than by telling them their Mother just up and left them?

Everything he's said is very disturbing imo.

Ima

IMO, this particular individual has a very good command and understanding of the nuances and subtleties of the English language.

From the European Commission:

When analysed at country level, respondents in countries where the language in
question is known widely, tend to rate their language skills higher. This is naturally
also the case if the language named as a foreign language is one of the official
languages of the country. Accordingly, in Netherlands where 87% reply to speak
English in addition to their mother tongue, 88% consider to do so at very good or
good level...

http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/ebs/ebs_237.en.pdf

IIRC he moved to the US when he was very very young. So I'm thinking English is in fact his first language?

Yes - as well, Dutch people in my experience very nearly all speak flawless english - I believe they learn it very young. So even if he did spend some years there growing up, he'd have a basis in English as well. I suspect his spoken quirks are entirely his own, IMO.

Edit: Epiphany you beat me to it!

So GR says the HFJR FB page has done more harm to the investigation than to aid it? He should let us know specifically how it has harmed the investigation and what has he done to help it?

What we do know about the case is from the media, law enforcement and from the Lost and Missing organization, so I don't see how we got anything wrong, maybe he can elaborate on that some as well.

To say we are stangers is one thing, to say Jennifer's mom and family doesn't know anything about the case is something else. In my opinion Jennifer's Mom knows more than she ever wanted to I'm pretty sure about that.

He could of course talk to Jennifer's family more and let them know what they don't know?

I'm not sure how anything being discussed about his wife missing has impacted his children. How can you impact them any more than by telling them their Mother just up and left them?

Everything he's said is very disturbing imo.

Ima

First let me say I completely agree!

In addition to this I'd like to add-if the HFJR FB was really harming the investigation does anyone of us think for a minute that each of those admins would be getting told by LE to shut it down? (& we all know for JR THEY would!)

I think all the garbage continuously thrown around about the children us despicable. These are kids all undef the age of 13 that have no business on FB. With a missing loved one -especially a parent-the children dhould be shielded from as much as possible not serving as the shields. Who uses their children as excuses like this or pawns against the parents of their missing mother? He's dividing the entire family & IMO I think he's doing it for a reason.

My heart is with Jennifer, her children, her sister & her parents. I hope for answers for them all & soon, :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en