NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll find homeless people and people who use drugs in every major park around the country. I used to live near Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. Huge park, really beautiful. And yes, areas where there would be homeless people, druggies. It's common in cities. Central Park has it's share of homeless and druggies too.

i have visited a lot of places across the US and (no joke) the only destination where i was really in trouble was in the year 1999 about half a mile away from the White House when two guys asked me in the evening for money and tried to steal it from me when i did not want to give them any - some guys in nearby parking cars (maybe cops) just ignored the situation...

What i want to say is that i do not give so much about the background information of an area regarding my decision to use this place for jogging or walking. You can get in serious trouble at every destination at any time.
This is why i would never blame victims of a crime when they used an "unsafe" park for jogging.

Exactly my point when I say Karina and her Dad felt safe there, this was their place. You can come across trouble anywhere. You have to live. You can't stay in your house your whole life, and even then, trouble may find you inside your house. There was nothing wrong with them going into this area to jog.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, I did not mean to blame Karina or her dad, nor did I say there was something wrong with their decision to jog in those weeds. It just puzzled me because I would not jog there if I knew gang members and drug dealers hang out there. I would be too scared and jog elsewhere. But that's just me, I get scared easily of strangers.

Just to clarify, I did not mean to blame Karina or her dad, nor did I say there was something wrong with their decision to jog in those weeds. It just puzzled me because I would not jog there if I knew gang members and drug dealers hang out there. I would be too scared and jog elsewhere. But that's just me, I get scared easily of strangers.
Understandable! I think because I'm so used to it from living here in NYC and any good neighborhood still has bad passerbys, My thinking is differently.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Any woman anywhere in any state in this country could be at risk IF she is in a semi-remote or remote area, alone, with no one else she knows and trusts, out jogging or hiking or whatever. There's a reason why parents warn their kids not to go into remote areas by themselves. And that same reason holds true for adult women. Sure the risk of an attack might be low, but then again, for the person (generally female) who becomes that opportunity, her risk has risen to 100%.

No, it's never the fault of the victim, but if one has a choice and can and will make choices to be in more populated areas (note I did not say running in traffic), when s/he is alone, that is the safer choice. When with others, sure go and be in as remote an area as you like. Common sense.

This case was brought up at some point in this thread. If you look into the Eve Brown case a bit more IMO it's unrelated to this in anyway. Tons of speculation as to her having an affair, so on and so forth. What I didn't find updated info on was the other body found there with a bullet hole to the head, male body. From what I understand though this was a dumping ground for mob hits. So the male body very well could've been connected to that.

I brought it up and I've looked into the case quite a bit. I'm not saying it's related, just noting the proximity to the murder. It's very close by.

Any woman anywhere in any state in this country could be at risk IF she is in a semi-remote or remote area, alone, with no one else she knows and trusts, out jogging or hiking or whatever. There's a reason why parents warn their kids not to go into remote areas by themselves. And that same reason holds true for adult women. Sure the risk of an attack might be low, but then again, for the person (generally female) who becomes that opportunity, her risk has risen to 100%.

No, it's never the fault of the victim, but if one has a choice and can and will make choices to be in more populated areas (note I did not say running in traffic), when s/he is alone, that is the safer choice. When with others, sure go and be in as remote an area as you like. Common sense.

It it doesn't have to be remote or desolate. Here in TX we have carjackings, kidnappings, murders in even what would be considered nice areas of the city. We have had several carjackings in the parking lot of crime central WalMarts here in the Dallas Fort Worth area. One guy was murdered in a WalMart parking lot last year. A few months ago a WalMart EMPLOYEE stabbed an off duty firefighter and another customer in the WalMart. So regardless of where you are, you have to be aware and on guard.

Understandable that Karina would choose to run in the fire lanes over concrete if she's had previous surgeries on her legs. Aside from a more tranquil and pleasant environment, she may not have had much of a choice as the impact from asphalt or concrete excessively grinds down knee cartilage over a period of time. Would not be surprised if her doctors encouraged her not to run, but seeing as she was doing it anyway, suggested she run on dirt / grass / soil or some other surface that would minimize negative impact on her legs.

Running in the fire lanes seems less risky than running on concrete, injuring herself and not being able to do what she loves (running) ever again. Especially since she's run there so many times before - it's unlikely she had a reason to believe she'd be in danger this one time.

I hear you. But, because she ran the same route,at around the same time each day, her killer could have spotted her, watched her on subsequent runs, and built up a whole fantasy around her. And it wouldn't have been because of any real contact he had with her, or any other things in her life. jmo
After reading here for a few years, I do understand randomness in murders. But, from the very start I never thought that about K.'s murder. jmo

Agree about the high quality of the photos. They look professional, they are so good. jmo

The quality of some of her photos, along with the short film and the high internet exposure, makes me wonder if Karina might not have unwittingly subjected herself to sexual predators or stalkers. I also wonder if she ever posted on sites like Model Mayhem, which is a stomping ground for the worst kinds of sexual predators. I haven't seen the rooftop photo yet, but if WSers could see the 92nd St sign in that photo, so could anyone obsessed with Karina. Not hard to figure out where to go, and then wait for an opportunity. In addition to those things, we also have neighbors interviewed on camera who talk about seeing Karina on jogs, and commenting about how she really made mens heads turn.Not hard to imagine some neighbor seeing her out alone this one time, and seizing an opportunity. It just seems VERY odd to me that on the ONE day her father doesn't go with her on a jog is the very day she ends up dead. I could absolutely be wrong in this, but my gut is telling me this wasn't just a random encounter with a stranger. JMO

The quality of some of her photos, along with the short film and the high internet exposure, makes me wonder if Karina might not have unwittingly subjected herself to sexual predators or stalkers. I also wonder if she ever posted on sites like Model Mayhem, which is a stomping ground for the worst kinds of sexual predators. I haven't seen the rooftop photo yet, but if WSers could see the 92nd St sign in that photo, so could anyone obsessed with Karina. Not hard to figure out where to go, and then wait for an opportunity. In addition to those things, we also have neighbors interviewed on camera who talk about seeing Karina on jogs, and commenting about how she really made mens heads turn.Not hard to imagine some neighbor seeing her out alone this one time, and seizing an opportunity. It just seems VERY odd to me that on the ONE day her father doesn't go with her on a jog is the very day she ends up dead. I could absolutely be wrong in this, but my gut is telling me this wasn't just a random encounter with a stranger. JMO

Great post Mountain_Kat, and I agree 100%

A term which Karinas mother used, when she adressed the killer in public, was that K. believed in "Karma" a lot - and also the consequences which could result out of that. Her mother thought about the consequences for the killer.
Would you say, "Mountain_Kat", that making such photos and short films Karina did could also be seen as a metapher for something Karma-related which could results into something bad because such pics could make some potential sexual predator becomming obsessed?

Also, as a newbie to websleuth.com, i wonder if such informations like if the victim of a crime was a member of sites like "model mayhem" (as you speculate in your post), should be made public here if we have such informations - regarding the aspect of keeping the dignity of a victim of a crime. I am just curious how you handle such issues here.

If you make an IP data search for the website she run "karinavee.com" publishing her poems at it, the information are as follows:

Karina Vetrano, 164-30 84st, Howard Beach, New York 11414, UNITED STATES, Telephone: 917 6848002, Email karina11@aol.com

This informations are available to every person on earth who knows Karina's website and is searching for the domain owners adress and contact details.

A term which Karinas mother used, when she adressed the killer in public, was that K. believed in "Karma" a lot - and also the consequences which could result out of that. Her mother thought about the consequences for the killer.
Would you say, "Mountain_Kat", that making such photos and short films Karina did could also be seen as a metapher for something Karma-related which could results into something bad because such pics could make some potential sexual predator becomming obsessed?

Also, as a newbie to websleuth.com, i wonder if such informations like if the victim of a crime was a member of sites like "model mayhem" (as you speculate in your post), should be made public here if we have such informations - regarding the aspect of keeping the dignity of a victim of a crime. I am just curious how you handle such issues here.

Considering Karina had been raped before, I really don't think her death was karmic payback for anything she did in this life, if we were to venture into the realm of discussing philosophy. It's probably best we don't.

If you find profiles for Karina that you believe can help solve her murder or add valuable insight to catching the perp, then it is OK to post them afaik as long as they don't contain nude photos. If K has created sketchy things online, then they exist, no point in anyone being ashamed of it at this point - the truth is the truth and that is, after all, our goal. A mod can probably clarify where the line is drawn between objective discussion and disrespect, if needed.

Considering Karina had been raped before, I really don't think her death was karmic payback for anything she did in this life, if we were to venture into the realm of discussing philosophy. It's probably best we don't.

If you find profiles for Karina that you believe can help solve her murder or add valuable insight to catching the perp, then it is OK to post them afaik as long as they don't contain nude photos. If K has created sketchy things online, then they exist, no point in anyone being ashamed of it at this point - the truth is the truth and that is, after all, our goal. A mod can probably clarify where the line is drawn between objective discussion and disrespect, if needed.

Do you presume she was raped before from a piece of writing she had done? That's a huge assumption.

ETA: I've read all of her work so I understand how you would get that from there but how do you know it to be something that actually happened to her and not something she just decided to write?

Surprised that tracking dogs were not used (afaik) at crime scene.... Also, wonder if a human tracker was used to which figure which way perp(s) entered/left crime scene...

If you find profiles for Karina that you believe can help solve her murder or add valuable insight to catching the perp, then it is OK to post them afaik as long as they don't contain nude photos. If K has created sketchy things online, then they exist, no point in anyone being ashamed of it at this point - the truth is the truth and that is, after all, our goal. A mod can probably clarify where the line is drawn between objective discussion and disrespect, if needed.[/QUOTE

Huh?? Where do we know Karina was raped? I had not heard this-anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur