NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire crime has made me sick. I wish I could post how I really feel but it's just too graphic. I'll just say I wish I was armed and could catch up with the sobs out there that are committing such acts, preferably before they commit another. I've never really jogged alone for this very reason. I usually have someone with me which means I cannot do it so often.

The victim's father, Philip Vetrano, added, "We know there is a family member of the killer that we need for them to come forward, to finalize this very quickly. She is in great distress. We know she wants to make that call. Make that call. The money is there. I guarantee the money. If she waits any longer, someone else is going to claim that fund. The time is now to make that call and get that money."

http://abc7ny.com/1474923/

At one point while trying to imagine the killer, I entertained the idea of a young guy who still lived at home with his mother doing his laundry. I imagined she ran across some evidence, but was too torn to turn her son in. Now, this message from her parents makes me start thinking about that again.

Praying for a break in this case soon.

Was she jogging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karina was jogging:

"A Queens woman was found slain in a marshy area near Howard Beach after she went out for her evening jog Tuesday, law-enforcement sources said."

Unfortunately, I believe these monsters have always been here.

We've been lowering sentences for drug offenses, let's increase it for those guilty of sexual offenses where females and children are commonly the primary victims.

I'd love to see separate prisons to house them all.

I'm an old native New Yorker now and I don't have enough digits to count the number of times men (total strangers) have felt it was okay to expose themselves, touch me etc in my lifetime!

Oh, and males need to be educated from an early age, that this ^^ is not okay

Who is telling men it's ok? I doubt their moms, sisters or grandmas. Other bros or men?

Happened today in Queens. Bellerose is about 11 miles north/west of Howard Beach. May not be related, but strange.
http://oneofnyc.com/SnippetDetail.aspx?Page_Id=7291
http://via.pix11.com/2M4mf
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:tyou: Let me know if anyone starts a thread...I dont know how to do that.

Anyone want to start a thread for her?

Hi :wave:

I'll start a thread for this young woman. Will come back & post the link once it's done.

Karina was jogging:

"A Queens woman was found slain in a marshy area near Howard Beach after she went out for her evening jog Tuesday, law-enforcement sources said."

I think Tssiemer was asking about another, similar case someone had mentioned.

At one point while trying to imagine the killer, I entertained the idea of a young guy who still lived at home with his mother doing his laundry. I imagined she ran across some evidence, but was too torn to turn her son in. Now, this message from her parents makes me start thinking about that again.

Praying for a break in this case soon.

That has been my theory too.

Karina was jogging:

Sorry. My tapatalk didn't quote. It in response to the other dead woman in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I believe these monsters have always been here.

We've been lowering sentences for drug offenses, let's increase it for those guilty of sexual offenses where females and children are commonly the primary victims.

I'd love to see separate prisons to house them all.

I'm an old native New Yorker now and I don't have enough digits to count the number of times men (total strangers) have felt it was okay to expose themselves, touch me etc in my lifetime!

Oh, and males need to be educated from an early age, that this ^^ is not okay

The average male knows this. The males who commit these crimes are aberrations and don't care about anyone else's boundaries, least of all the women they single out to victimize. No amount of good parenting or social cueing will change their POV.

The average male knows this. The males who commit these crimes are aberrations and don't care about anyone else's boundaries, least of all the women they single out to victimize. No amount of good parenting or social cueing will change their POV.

I agree with the first part of this, but not the second. Socialization and current culture *does* go a long way to reducing sexual assault and rape. No, not all sexual assault and rape, but a fair amount of it. When men who would never do such a thing laugh off rape jokes, deviant behavior (pinching a waitresses bottom, for one example, cat-calling or making lewd remarks as another) it normalizes it. The men who *are* inclined to rape or assault women or harass women don't feel pushback or repercussions from their male peers and are able to have their belief that their impulses are both normal and expected, and that any man would do what they do if they were alpha enough/had the chance/wouldn't get caught .That emboldens all sorts of misogynistic, hateful and dehumanizing behavior and beliefs. Remember that once upon a time men could legally rape their wives. There's no need to look further than some of the subcultures that exist today (many frats for example) that not only condone but encourage assault. The culture that allows this to flourish needs to be addressed instead of trying to make women' s lives even more policed and constrained and curtailed (never jog alone, don't dress too "whatever"<- this always changes>, never be alone with a man who isn't your father, boyfriend, or brother, always have a gun<!!!> etc. etc.) Women aren't going to be able to address this, and shouldn't be the ones held responsible for stopping attacks on themselves. Other men have to step up to the plate and denounce the constant "less heinous" behavior they see around them rather than writing it off as "boys will be boys" or gender essentialism.

imo

Some posts have been removed.

Websleuths is fact based and does not engage in discussion related to mediums/psychics.

:tyou:

I agree with the first part of this, but not the second. Socialization and current culture *does* go a long way to reducing sexual assault and rape. No, not all sexual assault and rape, but a fair amount of it. When men who would never do such a thing laugh off rape jokes, deviant behavior (pinching a waitresses bottom, for one example, cat-calling or making lewd remarks as another) it normalizes it. The men who *are* inclined to rape or assault women or harass women don't feel pushback or repercussions from their male peers and are able to have their belief that their impulses are both normal and expected, and that any man would do what they do if they were alpha enough/had the chance/wouldn't get caught .That emboldens all sorts of misogynistic, hateful and dehumanizing behavior and beliefs. Remember that once upon a time men could legally rape their wives. There's no need to look further than some of the subcultures that exist today (many frats for example) that not only condone but encourage assault. The culture that allows this to flourish needs to be addressed instead of trying to make women' s lives even more policed and constrained and curtailed (never jog alone, don't dress too "whatever"<- this always changes>, never be alone with a man who isn't your father, boyfriend, or brother, always have a gun<!!!> etc. etc.) Women aren't going to be able to address this, and shouldn't be the ones held responsible for stopping attacks on themselves. Other men have to step up to the plate and denounce the constant "less heinous" behavior they see around them rather than writing it off as "boys will be boys" or gender essentialism.

imo

I totally agree with Marble. These issues need to be addressed in the home and in our schools and culture in general.
Studies have been done that showed an alarming percentage of college males in the USA would rape if they knew they could get away with it.
I believe the number was as high as 35%, but my memory on that could be wrong.

imo

I'm talking about predator rapists and murderers. These aberrant individuals are not going to respond to any "push-back" by male 'peers' because they don't care what other males or anyone else thinks about their behaviors.

I understand the POV and gender theory you're addressing. But it doesn't apply to persons who lack empathy and are hunters of other humans. If other women want to jog alone they should do that. But I'm not going to no matter what the cultural climate is. JMO

I totally agree with Marble. These issues need to be addressed in the home and in our schools and culture in general.
Studies have been done that showed an alarming percentage of college males in the USA would rape if they knew they could get away with it.
I believe the number was as high as 35%, but my memory on that could be wrong.

It was 31.7% out of a sample of 73 men.
https://thinkprogress.org/1-in-3-co...ould-get-away-with-it-ffa7406b9778#.ayipnen2d

Again, I'm not sure how better education will stop sociopaths and psychopaths.

It was 31.7% out of a sample of 73 men.
https://thinkprogress.org/1-in-3-co...ould-get-away-with-it-ffa7406b9778#.ayipnen2d

Again, I'm not sure how better education will stop sociopaths and psychopaths.

I don't think education will stop sociopaths and psychopaths. But I do think our boys need to be held responsible for their own behavior. We tell our girls to dress respectfully and conduct themselves in a certain way so that boys won't get the wrong idea or so they aren't "enticing" boys with their bodies. I have never heard a mother tell her son to put his shirt back on during a hot summer day because girls may look at him in a bad way or that he may be encouraging a girl to take advantage of him. No girl should grow up feeling that a boy's behavior is determined by they way she looks or is dressed.

I, honestly, don't believe the perp is a "regular" guy who saw KV and acted on a sexual or devious impulse. IMO this is a sick and violent person. This level of brutality is not "caused" by anything. Just pure evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop