NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
cats rsbm

Well, meow. Not trying to be catty or anything. Can't help what others see... doing my best, to be clear. :sothere:

It may be possible that the two figures on the right are riding together, based on how their bodies are positioned.

attachment.php

Screenshot 2016-09-15 at 10.33.18 PM - Edited (2).jpg

Are those the two faces that you see?

You assume they're standing. Taking the torso of the central figure, the way the camera seems to be distorting space, they are the size they need to be to be there under the trees. I think they may have expected the camera to not have a wide enough angel to catch them, it seems possible. Karina would be looking in that direction from a different angle than the camera. She would have had to have seen past weeds at her level, the fence, tree branches, etc, which may explain why she kept checking it out as she ran. The camera which caught them is angled from above.

View attachment 101467

Are those the two faces that you see?

nope. sorry.

This may help.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Different MO, but this attack happened in the neighborhood next to Howard Beach.

A young man assaulted a woman and attempted to rape her. 6:30am, in her building stairwell.

News article with video: http://pix11.com/2016/09/03/man-kno...er-in-east-new-york-apartment-stairwell-nypd/

Map of where it happened: https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...153d4e6d705d63!8m2!3d40.6673059!4d-73.8629092

Quoting myself to add

He assaulted her and attempted to rape. Hmmm...

Perhaps he was scared off by neighbors....or maybe he can't complete?

Just thinking aloud, speculating.

attachment.php

I think I finally found the guy on the right's face, or I've gone mad looking at these images for so long.

KV RT G.png If the white blob there isn't his shoulder, rather the windshield, then that could be his face, tilted just above the right of the windshield. Purplish eyes, something redish looking around where the neck and chest area.

attachment.php

In reviewing the sequences, just when a light flashes toward the bottom of that square thing, which I thought was a computer, but more likely a windshield and headlight, Karina looks over.

Screenshot 2016-09-16 at 2.43.22 AM.png
attachment.php

attachment.php

another stride, and that flash is gone.

View attachment 101470
attachment.php

By Graham Rayman, New York Daily News
Thursday, September 15, 2016, 7:50 PM

Cops have received 104 tips from people about the unsolved murder of Karina Vetrano, who was beaten, strangled and sexually assaulted while jogging in Queens, officials said Thursday.

Many of the tips came in after NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce appeared on the television show “Crime Watch Daily” on Monday to discuss the investigation.

So do the kids ride dirt bikes out there? Or in there? How about mountain bikes? They're low to the ground, like a moped, sort of. What made those trails?

Ya but would they really drive mopeds off the trails and through the weeds? That area looks thick. I can see maybe riding some kind of bike or moped or dirt bike on those trails, but would they really have a moped in the thick brush like that? Could you even get a moped in and out of thick brush like that? Seems like those weeds are thick and would be difficult to drive a moped through, and even more difficult to walk a heavy moped through.

I know you guys are just trying to make sense of what may or may not be there....but I think we also have to step by and ask ourselves what really makes sense. When you stare at any image long enough when your trying to find something you will start to see things.

But how could it actually be a moped? Does that really make any practical sense?

Posted this earlier. Green is where perp could enter/exit without being in any surveillance. Red is chance of being on surveillance or seen by passerbys on residential streets.
24c33ed9b4a6a681985b06c4e54ab28e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Seems to me, if I was the perp and had just committed a crime in this location, my instinct would be to get as far away from the crime scene as possible and to not be seen anywhere near it. My instinct would be to go toward the waters edge (clean myself up) and follow the waters edge all the way to where the park ended and exited as far away from the crime scene as possible. Preferably popping out on a street in avoidance of cameras. Then probably hopping on the nearest subway and getting the hell out of dodge, with as few people having even noticed you in HB as possible.

Curious if any locals can tell me where the nearest subway stop would be had he followed those green lines all the way to the right or left? Would either way have put him almost immediately at a subway stop? Also when you go all the way to the end of the park in either direction to both deposit you outside of HB?

Seems to me, if I was the perp and had just committed a crime in this location, my instinct would be to get as far away from the crime scene as possible and to not be seen anywhere near it. My instinct would be to go toward the waters edge (clean myself up) and follow the waters edge all the way to where the park ended and exited as far away from the crime scene as possible. Preferably popping out on a street in avoidance of cameras. Then probably hopping on the nearest subway and getting the hell out of dodge, with as few people having even noticed you in HB as possible.

Curious if any locals can tell me where the nearest subway stop would be had he followed those green lines all the way to the right or left? Would either way have put him almost immediately at a subway stop? Also when you go all the way to the end of the park in either direction to both deposit you outside of HB?
The nearest in Howard Beach would be the A train. He wouldn't be able to avoid cameras at all. Then if he went into East New York he would be able to get onto the 3 or L. A bit of a walk for both, again not able to avoid cameras etc. Give me one second I'll point it out on a subway map.

Edit: circled is subway stops he could of jumped on, green star is park area. The MTA map is not completely map friendly as you can see. Any subway he would be caught somewhere on camera, but again they would have to check every single camera within this radius.
e01f15a9bf070e9e34d2155d2e35ae5e.jpg

The nearest in Howard Beach would be the A train. He wouldn't be able to avoid cameras at all. Then if he went into East New York he would be able to get onto the 3 or L. A bit of a walk for both, again not able to avoid cameras etc. Give me one second I'll point it out on a subway map.

Edit: circled is subway stops he could of jumped on, green star is park area. The MTA map is not completely map friendly as you can see. Any subway he would be caught somewhere on camera, but again they would have to check every single camera within this radius.
e01f15a9bf070e9e34d2155d2e35ae5e.jpg

OH wow weird! OT but I hadn't realized how close the end of the L was to the park where she was found. I use to take the L to Rockaway and then a bus two stops and walk two blocks to get to a little church where the Brooklyn DA's office had an outpost for their truancy program. I didn't realize till now just how close it was to KV's murder.

Anyway, looking at this map, I'm thinking it's more likely he didn't utilize the subway. Which makes me think he either lived around there or new someone who did, or a place to hide out for a while.

I wonder if he could have followed the shore line, but then waited till dark to exit the park? He could have exited as far away from the point Karina would have entered as possible.

I came across this article today and it gave me the chills. I honestly have no idea if this actually happened after reading the comments and re-reading the article but if it did then I hope this girl comes forward. True or not I thought I'd share it.

http://licpost.com/resident-claims-...-at-gantry-plaza-state-park-cops-now-involved

How old was her son? I read where he didn't understand what was happening? Then it mentions that she sent her son on the train? Just me but if he can't understand what was going on, he must be young and should not be going on a train(I guessing she means subway/bus by this-i live in the Southwest and not at all familiar with NY mass transit systems/names).

How ow old was her son? I read where he didn't understand what was happening? Then it mentions that she sent her son on the train? Just me but if he can't understand what was going on, he must be young and should not be going on a train(I guessing she means subway/bus by this-i live in the Southwest and not at all familiar with NY mass transit systems/names).
I caught the same thing. The whole story seems very odd. Gantry Park also has cameras. It is also a very busy park, even at night time. The sunsets there are amazing. I have been a few times late at night and always people in the park.

attachment.php

another stride, and that flash is gone.

attachment.php
attachment.php

By Graham Rayman, New York Daily News
Thursday, September 15, 2016, 7:50 PM

Cops have received 104 tips from people about the unsolved murder of Karina Vetrano, who was beaten, strangled and sexually assaulted while jogging in Queens, officials said Thursday.

Many of the tips came in after NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce appeared on the television show “Crime Watch Daily” on Monday to discuss the investigation.
Here again it states that she was sexually assaulted. In the beginning, I read where it was "raped 2x". Recently, I have read where there wasn't sexual assault. As for the condom which was found nearby, I find it odd that rapists are worried about contracting aids/big/something soap and water can't wash off) but then if this perv had his DNA on file that could be a reason. Maybe he carries condoms with him in case he finds a "subject" he would like to rape in his daily travels... IDK. There are just some freakin strange screwed up people out here!!!!

Here again it states that she was sexually assaulted. In the beginning, I read where it was "raped 2x". Recently, I have read where there wasn't sexual assault. As for the condom which was found nearby, I find it odd that rapists are worried about contracting aids/big/something soap and water can't wash off) but then if this perv had his DNA on file that could be a reason. Maybe he carries condoms with him in case he finds a "subject" he would like to rape in his daily travels... IDK. There are just some freakin strange screwed up people out here!!!!

I haven't heard anything state that she wasn't sexually assaulted. They have said there was no semen, they said he didn't "complete" so there is no DNA. Just because there is no semen didn't mean he didn't rape her. She was found with her shorts pulled down.

I caught the same thing. The whole story seems very odd. Gantry Park also has cameras. It is also a very busy park, even at night time. The sunsets there are amazing. I have been a few times late at night and always people in the park.

Ha I thought the same thing! But I was more like "how old is your son? And why is he out getting a hamburger at quarter of 10 at night?"

cats rsbm

Well, meow. Not trying to be catty or anything. Can't help what others see... doing my best, to be clear. :sothere:

It may be possible that the two figures on the right are riding together, based on how their bodies are positioned. Or the center one may not have a windshield, but the one on the left does?

That bright white spot on the figure sitting on what appears to be a moped, on the right, is more likely a windshield too.

Whatever the figures there may have had the impression they would never be picked up by the security cams in the shade or not planned it and not known there was one point at them, as previously suggested.

attachment.php
Not trying to be snarky whatsoever and I apologize if my last post made it seem so. I dont post often, but I do follow daily.

Let me try to make sense of this evolving analysis/theory. Originally, it seemed as though there may possibly be some kind of strange activity in those shadows, possibly coming from a man/woman lurking (or doing whatever he/she may be doing) and I was actually one board with that for a bit—because it does seems like more "movement" in that area on the video outside of just wind.

But the more and more I saw the images the more and more I believe it was nothing and focusing too much in that one location/event, just MOO. But this has evolved from one guy with possibly a laptop on a bike and possibly backwards hat (or short hair was mentioned also) to possibly two guys on bikes with laptop mounted. Now we are at a crew/gang of moped weed lurkers complete with laptop mounts and possibly riding tandem?

I think all the work that has been put into vetting this area and these images is fantastic, please dont get me wrong! But the more we stare into these grainy, disorienting images the more people and objects we see out of them, IMO.

What we don't understand we can make mean anything.

I see them!!! And the yellow circled guy looks like his arms are up holding a cellphone..

Not trying to be snarky whatsoever and I apologize if my last post made it seem so. I dont post often, but I do follow daily.

Let me try to make sense of this evolving analysis/theory. Originally, it seemed as though there may possibly be some kind of strange activity in those shadows, possibly coming from a man/woman lurking (or doing whatever he/she may be doing) and I was actually one board with that for a bit—because it does seems like more "movement" in that area on the video outside of just wind.

But the more and more I saw the images the more and more I believe it was nothing and focusing too much in that one location/event, just MOO. But this has evolved from one guy with possibly a laptop on a bike and possibly backwards hat (or short hair was mentioned also) to possibly two guys on bikes with laptop mounted. Now we are at a crew/gang of moped weed lurkers complete with laptop mounts and possibly riding tandem?

I think all the work that has been put into vetting this area and these images is fantastic, please dont get me wrong! But the more we stare into these grainy, disorienting images the more people and objects we see out of them, IMO.

What we don't understand we can make mean anything.

I agree. If I stare at them I can find a bunch of different potential faces or arms or shirts, but that's just it, I can make myself see different things if I force it....but because I can make myself see potentional body parts on all different places...it leads me to believe it's not actually a person there at all.

As I see it, the red-circled area is a ‘man’. The yellow-circled area is perhaps another ‘man’.
FindHG – Do you see the same as me?

attachment.php
Using the car as a reference, how tall would you say those guys are?
The men… and yes, they look like men (not women, not children) appear to be in proportion to the distance. But I’m no expert on that.
As a reference, they appear to be about half the size that Karina appears. Everything further away would appear smaller, but I don’t know the proportion calculation for an approximate 50 or 60 foot distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE