NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old was her son? I read where he didn't understand what was happening? Then it mentions that she sent her son on the train? Just me but if he can't understand what was going on, he must be young and should not be going on a train(I guessing she means subway/bus by this-i live in the Southwest and not at all familiar with NY mass transit systems/names).

I caught all that too and that's why I wasn't sure how real the story was. So I started to think of a few scenarios. May not have been an age thing but rather a language thing. L.I.C. Is a pretty diverse area so the son may not have fully understood the English language or could have been autistic (there's a school very close for special needs kids) If any of you remember it's where Avante Quendo went missing from.. I'm thinking she was probably shocked and in a panic and her emotions all over the place. People react differently. As for the train, it's a few blocks away and I think she meant her son and boyfriend walked her to the train station but didn't actually get on it.

I caught the same thing. The whole story seems very odd. Gantry Park also has cameras. It is also a very busy park, even at night time. The sunsets there are amazing. I have been a few times late at night and always people in the park.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes there are cameras and its busy at night. After doing some digging on the Internet, the residents around the park have been complaining that the lights in that section don't work, drugs, sex and some other shady things have going on and nothing is being done. They are trying to get NYS Parks Dept. to up its security since its out of NYPD's jurisdiction. Which is crazy to me since the precinct is a couple blocks away. I live right across from L.I.C. and Im there a lot. My neighborhood and L.I.C. have become extremely bad since all the homeless shelters have opened. Many many sex offenders and crime as gone up drastically. I just found out that a girl was gang raped 5 blocks away from my house this past Tuesday. Not 1 word of it on the news or from local precinct.

View attachment 101460

Idk. All I can see are adorable kittens, even after having viewed the video. Pareidolia is very, very real, and I'm not sure how this analysis is helping if it hasn't been called in as a tip yet. Has it? Not trying to attack anyone's efforts or posts, of course, to be clear.

I'm reminded of Mickey Shunick's case and how we were all very sure that was her under the truck in the gas station footage. I'm also of the opinion that if KV was attacked by a marsh lurker, it was the kind of marsh lurker that doesn't lurk within view of multiple security cameras. He would've been doing his thing (whatever that may be) deep within the trail. IMO, again. I agree that if KV was turning her head, it was to observe traffic. A marsh creeper within her immediate eyesight would be cause for turning around and going the other way.. for me, anyway.

I've haven't been able to see anything other than blobs. :/

Sidenote: I work in an area heavily populated with homeless people. I'm aware of them but when walk to lunch, etc. I routinely walk by them so I'm used to their presence so I don't avoid the area or turn and walk the other way because I'd never be able to leave my office building. Maybe Karina was used to seeing homeless/sketch people in the area so she didn't necessarily avoid the area? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly don't see anything either. Especially when the video is playing all I see is trees and leaves swaying and blowing around. The images I still only see leaves, aliens, gorillas and now a chihuahua. The part that could be a man in a white shirt looks to be white. It is said by detectives that the male was of dark decent. Also I don't think it is possible for someone to get where you are all seeing something especially with a bike and be on the bike (moped) that area is all trees and weeded. If I happen to drive by today I will try my best to get pictures of the area. I think if you zoomed in to the same pictures today if I took them, you'll see another figure. Again, not knocking or dismissing what you all are seeing. I do hope something leads to an arrest but I don't think anyone was lurking during this video. LE most likely viewed days in advance of this homeowners footage, hours up until her murder and I think they would of seen something.

SS, that is totally awesome! Congrats to all you WSers who have been digging and digging and discovering and analyzing on this case. I remain humbly amazed at your brillance, persistance and diligence. Reading all from day one but only posted a few on this thread. You'll are in a league of your own. Thank you.

And FWIW, I still think it is someone who lives in the community, maybe as close as being able to see a part of the trail from an upstairs bedroom window. A misfit, an unemployed and unemployable adult still living with his parents, grandparents, sister or brother who provide his room and board, reluctantly. A loaner and voyeur who spends time in the weeds; maybe he's done this for years -hidden from view, to spy on the outside world in his backyard playground, to fantasize and who knows what else. This man would know the weeds because that's where he 'went' whenever he did leave the house. He would not associate or be part of the homeless contingent; too anti-social even for that. He knew the community, the neighborhood, the weeds, the park, the paths, the ins and outs, the places to hide. In living a life as described above, he would also have a predictable familiarity about who visited the park or trails, their frequency and relative timing of appearances. He may have been waiting and waiting for that one day - when a certain visitor he had been observing would come alone.

I also think the tips will eventually come from neighbors who just have a creepy feeling about this odd man that lives in their community, but they know nothing about as he is seen infrequently... but they know he is there.

I don't know how or if LE can interview every family in the neighborhood, but in my mind's eye, this perp is right there under their nose; in walking distance from and to the weeds.

All just my own thoughts and opinions.

I don't see anything either, but it does look like it was purposely blurred (not talking about the pixelated upper right corner, but where those here are seeing things ).... While I don't see anything because it's too blurry, something there does catch Karina's attention IMO by the way she turns her head to stare at and into that area; as opposed turning further around if she were looking to see if a car or something is approaching... But what it all means I don't know....

Thank you very much SeesSeas. Super great of you to do. Let me know how I can help.

Please pardon the pixel pandora's box I've brought to the thread for those it has strained (eyes especially) in any way.

Let's see how it pans out.

Hello Everyone! I am new to this site and found it because I have been so upset about this case. I was just looking at a Cosmopolitan article on KV on Facebook and noticed something in the comments. Someone with the initials of BB said "...I think I saw the killer but I am not getting involved". Is that something I should report to a tip line or just another crazy person saying something stupid?

Hello Everyone! I am new to this site and found it because I have been so upset about this case. I was just looking at a Cosmopolitan article on KV on Facebook and noticed something in the comments. Someone with the initials of BB said "...I think I saw the killer but I am not getting involved". Is that something I should report to a tip line or just another crazy person saying something stupid?
Welcome Apple1! Hmm I'll go check it out. I think you should, no tip is useless. I think you should report it.

Yes there are cameras and its busy at night. After doing some digging on the Internet, the residents around the park have been complaining that the lights in that section don't work, drugs, sex and some other shady things have going on and nothing is being done. They are trying to get NYS Parks Dept. to up its security since its out of NYPD's jurisdiction. Which is crazy to me since the precinct is a couple blocks away. I live right across from L.I.C. and Im there a lot. My neighborhood and L.I.C. have become extremely bad since all the homeless shelters have opened. Many many sex offenders and crime as gone up drastically. I just found out that a girl was gang raped 5 blocks away from my house this past Tuesday. Not 1 word of it on the news or from local precinct.
The news reported NYC is experiencing its lowest crime rate EVER. Thats BS. Major crime is up 23%.

IS THE "BROOKLYN ALLEY RAPIST " IDENTICAL WITH THE KARINA VETRANO MURDER MYSTERY MAN IN THE SKETCH?

I believe this serial rapist, who last year, August 30th, 2015, raped 1 woman (and tried to sexually assault 2 other woman the same evening/night)
and again September 7th, 2015 tried to rape two other woman, all attacks in the Rockaway Parkway area in Canarsie which is
located ca 2.5 miles vest of the northern entrance of Spring Creek Park where Karina Vetrano was raped and murdered, might be the same man
as the man in the sketch searched in the Karina Vetrano murder.

IMO they look VERY similar:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Her is news report and the sketch of the suspect in the rape of a 19-year-old woman in Canarsie August 30, 2015 :
http://brooklyn.news12.com/news/pol...ie-rape-of-19-year-old-at-gunpoint-1.10800094

And here a Surveillance Video of the same man wanted In the Canarsie Rape fleeing the scene August 30th, 2015:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/09/02/canarsie-rape-sketch-video/

And here is a video of the same man from the attempted rape September 7th, 2015 on East 98th Street and Conklin Avenue in Canarsie (same Rockaway Parkway area):

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...Linked-to-Another-Rape-Attempt-330350661.html

IS THE "BROOKLYN ALLEY RAPIST " IDENTICAL WITH THE KARINA VETRANO MURDER MYSTERY MAN IN THE SKETCH?

I believe this serial rapist, who last year, August 30th, 2015, raped 1 woman (and tried to sexually assault 2 other woman the same evening/night)
and again September 7th, 2015 tried to rape two other woman, all attacks in the Rockaway Parkway area in Canarsie which is
located ca 2.5 miles vest of the northern entrance of Spring Creek Park where Karina Vetrano was raped and murdered, might be the same man
as the man in the sketch searched in the Karina Vetrano murder.

IMO they look VERY similar:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Her is news report and the sketch of the suspect in the rape of a 19-year-old woman in Canarsie August 30, 2015 :
http://brooklyn.news12.com/news/pol...ie-rape-of-19-year-old-at-gunpoint-1.10800094

And here a Surveillance Video of the same man wanted In the Canarsie Rape fleeing the scene August 30th, 2015:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/09/02/canarsie-rape-sketch-video/

And here is a video of the same man from the attempted rape September 7th, 2015 on East 98th Street and Conklin Avenue in Canarsie (same Rockaway Parkway area):

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...Linked-to-Another-Rape-Attempt-330350661.html
Thanks for sharing. I skimmed the article, but didn't see, was DNA collected for any of these? I wonder if they are, I think the DNA would come back as a match when they ran it through the database, even if he was never arrested. They would at least then know it's the same perp no? Or was the DNA found on KV only searched through DNA associated with a name? I'm not sure how this all works.

Thank you for the recap. I honestly don't see a man or men. The main thing is seeing it in movement while video is playing. The only thing that is seen is leaves and trees blowing in the wind, and such when this happens there is a reflection of the sun off the leaves. You can take any photo of similiar scenery and find men, women, Trump, Obama, Jesus etc in it. It's what happens. Our eyes play tricks on us. I thank you for taking the time though and discussing this with the NYPD. I am sure if there really was someone there lurking they would have more footage of this from this homeowners cameras.

To further clarify, I see the 'men' while the video is playing. It's best to view the video without the distraction of the audio.

To further clarify, I see the 'men' while the video is playing. It's best to view the video without the distraction of the audio.
I've shut volume off, covered KV running as to not be distracted by that, and yet I only see branches with leaves swaying in the wind =/ I see the same thing in different parts of the video. The light reflects off the leaves. I just don't see any human being lurking in the weeds.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the area where you are seeing a "man" "men" in the video, right?

I know the trees are not in full bloom and this is a winter street view in comparison to what it looked like on August 2nd. But as you can see it would be impossible for someone to be up that high unless they were on a ladder etc.
c94a088a455f06ca42551a6d5044c6d6.jpg

Objects that are further away appear smaller, but also appear ‘higher’, even if they aren’t actually ‘higher’.
For example, Karina is about 5 ft tall. The gray SUV is about 5 ft high. Give or take some inches.
In the video of Karina jogging past the parked gray SUV, the gray SUV appears ‘higher’ than Karina. If Karina was jogging on the other side of the street next to the gray SUV, the SUV wouldn’t appear significantly ‘higher” than Karina.
The ‘men’ in the bushes appear ‘higher’ but they aren’t actually ‘higher'. The ‘men’ are simply further away.

Some information on Perception of Distance
http://www.yorku.ca/eye/distanc1.htm
The things that are further away from the front tend to be higher up, do they not?

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the area where you are seeing a "man" "men" in the video, right?

I know the trees are not in full bloom and this is a winter street view in comparison to what it looked like on August 2nd. But as you can see it would be impossible for someone to be up that high unless they were on a ladder etc.
c94a088a455f06ca42551a6d5044c6d6.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I skimmed the article, but didn't see, was DNA collected for any of these? I wonder if they are, I think the DNA would come back as a match when they ran it through the database, even if he was never arrested. They would at least then know it's the same perp no? Or was the DNA found on KV only searched through DNA associated with a name? I'm not sure how this all works.

The man in the video has been described as early twenties, 5'6" 135 pounds. Hes skinny. The utility worker described the man he saw as fourtyish, 5'10" and 200 pounds. The utility worker became nervous when he saw the man on the path. He thought he was going to be robbed. I think that statement is telling. He must of gave off some vibe. Maybe the behavior of someone who just attacked and killed someone.

SS, If that had happened to me (wrong numbers posted and then blown off by someone at NYPD and given two more wrong numbers, I would make it a point to communicate your experience directly to the chief of NYPD. His name is readily apparent with a singular search. Executives, CEOs, Leaders, etc. don't necessarily know 'what they don't know'. These same people, however, are buck-stops and starts here held accountable for their organization's brand, image, reputation and credibility.
Gosh, I certainly don’t have that much ‘free time’ to correct every bit of incompetence that I encounter or to hold accountable all inept government employees. Every single day I encounter some form of minor or major incompetence. I address some right away, some later, some not at all. I will not be phoning the Chief of NYPD.

For more than a decade, I fought against incompetence and injustice in my own city, county, and state. A lot of energy expended for so little gain. So little gain, because so few care.

I decided to be persistent today. Many people would likely just ‘give up’, and not succeed with getting through to a detective on the KV Task Force.

This evening, I phoned Karina’s parents and left a voice message recapping what NYPD told me about the video, and I also explained my frustration in dealing with NYPD giving wrong phone numbers. I can’t imagine that I’m the first person who has encountered this with NYPD. Someone who lives in NY can fight this problem. Not me.

Before today, I’ve never in my life called NYPD. I’ll probably never call them again during the remaining years of my life.

I don't see anything in the video just trees, grass etc, but it is really odd how she looks directly into the area more than one time.

The man in the video has been described as early twenties, 5'6" 135 pounds. Hes skinny. The utility worker described the man he saw as fourtyish, 5'10" and 200 pounds. The utility worker became nervous when he saw the man on the path. He thought he was going to be robbed. I think that statement is telling. He must of gave off some vibe. Maybe the behavior of someone who just attacked and killed someone.

I have only seen the man in Karina Vetrano's murder sketch described as "medium build" , could you please post a link to where he is described as 200 pounds ?
And besides vitness descriptions are often not accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat