NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty silly argument. Anyone can be a suspect. All of those sketches are suspects whether you want to believe it or not, because they were drawn of the suspect for their respective crimes. The police do not have to tell you who is or who isn't a suspect. Oh and just because they say they aren't a suspect is simply a ploy to get someone to rat them out. They do lie too. :)

At least two of the guys whose sketches have appeared are indeed suspects, according to the police, though in unrelated crimes. But not the guy in the hat who was seen along the Belt Pkwy. in the Spring Creek Park a bit north of the spot where Karina was murdered. LE has been careful to describe him as a potential witness and not to call him a 'suspect'. I think that Jwal-NZ is on solid ground in pointing out calling someone a suspect implies that you have some indication of guilt. Suspect him all you want - and post your suspicions if you want - but flatly upgrading him to a 'suspect', absent support or a 'just IMO', is the kind of stretch that WS mods will often snip you for.

I don't think your argument was silly, but just wanted to point out that the default setting in the Tapatalk app is to follow anyone who's post you quote, you have to go in and manually change it. I see they are using Tapatalk, so the follow was probably not intentional.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification. I found it a little peculiar to get a notification on my cell phone that he was “following me” after what he had said.

But every sketch is of a criminal. That is not to be disputed

No, every sketch is not of a criminal. That is exactly what I am disputing...

LE has said the person in the sketch released in KV’s case is not a suspect or a person of interest. He is just someone who could have information on the case: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/karina-vetrano-jogger-murder-sketch-released-of-man-who-may-have-info-nypd/

Several sketches appear to be the same person.

Eyewitness identification is frequently inaccurate and is the greatest contributing factor to wrongful convictions, playing a role in more than 70% of convictions overturned through DNA testing in the U.S: http://www.innocenceproject.org/causes/eyewitness-misidentification/

I have even taken a look at the sketches you are all comparing and referring to as "the same person" and I see zero resemblance between any of them.

The sketch is a person of interest as he was seen with a winter hat on his head in August near the scene of a crime.

Seriously?!? He becomes a person of interest because he has a winter hat on in summer near the scene of a crime?? There could be several explanations for wearing a winter hat in summer- a fashion statement (GQ even has a story on “how to pull off a beanie in warm weather” with a picture of David Beckham doing just that): http://www.gq.com/story/how-to-wear-a-beanie-in-spring) , or he could be balding and self conscious about his hairline so cover it with a beanie- who knows?

you are wrong when insinuating that my info and thoughts are wrong and without any value.

If you go back and read your post(s) I replied to you will see that you stated:

ALL thise sketches are of violent sexual offenders and armed robberies from the Brooklyn and Howard Beach area who commited their crimes between 2013 and 2016
(post #1342) (You included the sketch of the person in KV’s case as the 2016 example).

You also said:

It is the similarity in the eyebrows, the eyes and the nose in both men that made me think they are the same person + that they are both rapists
(post #1343)

I was really shocked that someone would make such baseless statements about someone who is not a suspect or a person of interest.

He is innocent until proven guilty- you should not have referred to him as a “violent sexual offender” and “rapist” (even on the internet).

You even acknowledged what you said was wrong saying:

“you are right I shouldn't have worded it like that"
(post #1349).

I obviously don’t agree with all the statements you have made and feel some are unethical and dangerous. However, this does not mean I think all your thoughts and inputs are without value.

Mr. Vetrano updated the on the page for Karina, today, briefly, no progress yet, it seems.

The fact that no arrest has been made is getting frustrating. Im sure everyone on this forum would remember if they saw someone wearing a wool hat and red T-shirt. Those two things stand out.

This thread has gotten long. I have a new one prepped here: Thread #3

Please move on over to that one. This one will close in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member