NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK. My first thought was the crimes are so different that they are unlikely to be related. But then again, someone who jerks off on the subway like that obviously doesn't have high regard for women and is treating them like trash to do it on their pant leg on the train. Gimme a f'ing break. It's a demeaning violation of the victim, whether or not it's violent...so it could be that someone who attacks women for rape would take the opportunity when it presents itself to violate in this masturbation way as well. I don't know.

Either way, yuck.

And there is the Queens connection.

More investigation needed on this perp. Can we place him near The Weeds - is he known to go there or near there?

I agree, yuck!!!!

I read online the last known address was in St Albans. From the address given to Howard Beach is only a 19 minute drive or 6.4 miles via Beltway. It also is very close to St Johns where she went to grad school.

So sad this case is getting cold with no leads. PV said he is removing the sketch from banners bc it doesnt even look like the guy that was seen coming out. I don't understand, if that is the case, why arent they showing a screenshot of of the person of interest??

I agree, yuck!!!!

I read online the last known address was in St Albans. From the address given to Howard Beach is only a 19 minute drive or 6.4 miles via Beltway. It also is very close to St Johns where she went to grad school.

So sad this case is getting cold with no leads. PV said he is removing the sketch from banners bc it doesnt even look like the guy that was seen coming out. I don't understand, if that is the case, why arent they showing a screenshot of of the person of interest??

Just a guess, but I'm thinking the Bronx perp wasn't a car owner. I think the same about Karina's murderer.

Minor point as I'm thinking the two perps aren't the same person anyway (but would be happy if they were).

jmo

I agree, yuck!!!!

I was curious why he was taking down the sketch banners. No one saw surveillance of him, it was just the utility worker who saw him. I also don't think the sketch looks exactly what th actual person looks like that the utility worker saw. I've seen many people that could look like the sketch. It's almost as if it's a generic sketch.

Which is why anything relevant to rape or sexual crimes I hope that they do check DNA against KV perps DNA. Crossing fingers.

The closeness of his last known address and residence to KV is pretty close imo.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I was curious why he was taking down the sketch banners. No one saw surveillance of him, it was just the utility worker who saw him. I also don't think the sketch looks exactly what th actual person looks like that the utility worker saw. I've seen many people that could look like the sketch. It's almost as if it's a generic sketch.

Which is why anything relevant to rape or sexual crimes I hope that they do check DNA against KV perps DNA. Crossing fingers.

The closeness of his last known address and residence to KV is pretty close imo.

What ever happened to looking at familial dna for possible match?

It's not hard for me to wrap my head around the perp not having dna on file. A crime so brutal in nature that they havent done this before (or at least before dna kept on file.)

What ever happened to looking at familial dna for possible match?

It's not hard for me to wrap my head around the perp not having dna on file. A crime so brutal in nature that they havent done this before (or at least before dna kept on file.)

A Newsday article said that familial DNA didn't come up with anything. I think PV might be doing the Parabon DNA Phenotyping Testing, but not sure. A lot of people told him about it two months ago.

IMHO I agree. Because her dad almost always ran with her waiting for her there to attack her would mean she'd be with her dad, a strong looking guy. Most predators are hunters looking for opportunity. Studying patterns. So it seems it had to be a total stranger. Random. A sexual pervert/predator. Who was attracted to her so chose her . Ps anyone besides me wondering if this guy is moving? Did you see the gorgeous California jogger who just disappeared a while after the Princeton Ma? Thank you for bearing up with my speculations.

IMHO I agree. Because her dad almost always ran with her waiting for her there to attack her would mean she'd be with her dad, a strong looking guy. Most predators are hunters looking for opportunity. Studying patterns. So it seems it had to be a total stranger. Random. A sexual pervert/predator. Who was attracted to her so chose her . Ps anyone besides me wondering if this guy is moving? Did you see the gorgeous California jogger who just disappeared a while after the Princeton Ma? Thank you for bearing up with my speculations.

I appreciate the speculation, but I think California is way too far for this particular perp. Stranger things have happened, I suppose, but I still am thinking it was someone who was familiar with The Weeds where Karina was attacked, and I think it was someone on foot or on a bike. I don't sense that the perp had a car.

But, that's just my opinion.

I appreciate the speculation, but I think California is way too far for this particular perp. Stranger things have happened, I suppose, but I still am thinking it was someone who was familiar with The Weeds where Karina was attacked, and I think it was someone on foot or on a bike. I don't sense that the perp had a car.

But, that's just my opinion.
What are the chances that the one day she doesn't run with her father, she is attacked.....randomly. I guess stranger things have happened but...

What are the chances that the one day she doesn't run with her father, she is attacked.....randomly. I guess stranger things have happened but...

That wasn't the first and only day she ran without him. She had ran without him many other times.

That wasn't the first and only day she ran without him. She had ran without him many other times.

Ok thanks. I was under the impression that it was unusual
for her to run alone in the Weeds without her Father. Was this the first time he warned her not to do it?

for her to run alone in the Weeds without her Father. Was this the first time he warned her not to do it?

I think he always told her don't go in there alone or without me and she always said she'll be ok.

Thank you! ( I was picturing a killer similar to Bundy. Leaving town and heading far away but leaving victims in his wake)

I just watched the first two episodes of the new A&E series The Killing Season. It covers the Long Island Serial Killer murders. One thing that is clear is there is a Queens connection. I just wonder if LISK is the one responsible for Karina's murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been away from WS m, but I tip toe here to :lurk: and follow Karina's case. My prayers continue for a resolution to her case.
It has been far too long without the answers she, and her parents so very much deserve!
Thank you to all who remain steadfast in the pursuit for her justice, especially the locals who must continue to walk the streets of HB each day, knowing this monster is still out there. Lauranyc83, stay safe!
:hug:

#JusticeForKarina

That is the impression I was under too. I thought there was an interview with PV and he said that there was only one other time she ran without him. Maybe not. Of course, when she was on vacation she wouldn't run with him. At home, she would normally run with him is the picture I got.

This is one of the reason I think her murder might have more to do with the dad, then with her.

For me one of the big questions is who would have known the dad wasn't running that day? Did he mention it to his buddies, a neighbor?

I agree with you. From the article I posted above, it seems they were regularly running together, training for a marathon. The one day he stays, she's gets m murdered?

I wondered if she posted anything on social media about her dad being injured?
I guess strange things can happen, but if this was random, the chances of DNA on file would of been very good IMO. And the female jogger that ran alone, the same time, same path, nothing happened to her. This could of very well been her.

Was KV unconscious when strangled? Would they know? There were weeds still clasped in her hands when she was found. However, if you are strangled, your obviously going to try to remove the hands, unless you are being held down by another and grab anything on the ground. Not saying there are two perps, but who knows.

There was also a puddle, rather large, from the photos online that she was pulled through. No shoe prints?

http://www.runnersworld.com/general...mber-the-joy-their-daughters-found-in-running

New article where PV is being interviewed. There is a little more information regarding the day she was murdered...

I can't help but wonder if the killer overheard Katrina and her dad at the pizzeria discussing her plan to run alone that day.

He wouldn't have known she would run alone for in The Weeds since that convo took place later at the house. Perhaps he followed them home and got lucky she ran alone.

"That Tuesday in August when Karina was killed, Vetrano decided to take a rest day because his back was sore. He had just picked Karina up from the train station. They stopped to have some pizza, but after half a slice, his daughter said she was going running. As she prepared to leave the house around 5 p.m., Ventrano said he asked where she was going. She said she was headed to the nearby trail."

“I said, ‘Are you going to go in there by yourself?’ She said yes. I said, ‘Do you think that’s a good idea?’” Ventrano recalled. “She said, ‘Don’t worry, daddy, I’ll be okay.’ And that was it.”

I agree with you. From the article I posted above, it seems they were regularly running together, training for a marathon. The one day he stays, she's gets m murdered?

I wondered if she posted anything on social media about her dad being injured?
I guess strange things can happen, but if this was random, the chances of DNA on file would of been very good IMO. And the female jogger that ran alone, the same time, same path, nothing happened to her. This could of very well been her.

Was KV unconscious when strangled? Would they know? There were weeds still clasped in her hands when she was found. However, if you are strangled, your obviously going to try to remove the hands, unless you are being held down by another and grab anything on the ground. Not saying there are two perps, but who knows.

There was also a puddle, rather large, from the photos online that she was pulled through. No shoe prints?

I assumed she grabbed the vegetation as she was dragged off the path. The perp had to first grab her and subdue her before strangling, so there was opportunity for her hands to be free and grab whatever she could grab.

I don't rule out the possibility of more than one perp. My original thought was a couple of teens/young adults who were biking through the park or hanging out in the park that day. That idea is still on the table for me.

I so hope for a break in this case!!

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members