NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. My thought is he for some reason had some weird experience or something there but I wonder if this was a friend or stalker and he sent a photo of her to him or she texted her dad about someone. Maybe we should look up other incidents within the last year and what makes that spot different than the others in the park

IIRC way back in the thread some of the sleuthers here did look up past incidents in the park. Have you read the whole thread? I know it's a lot to go and read over.

Anyways I can't remember there being anything that stuck out as something that would relate to Karinas murder. Back in the day that specific area the mob used the park as a disposal site for bodies/body, again that's IIRC. IMO I do not think that relates to Karinas case at all.

IIRC way back in the thread some of the sleuthers here did look up past incidents in the park. Have you read the whole thread? I know it's a lot to go and read over.

Anyways I can't remember there being anything that stuck out as something that would relate to Karinas murder. Back in the day that specific area the mob used the park as a disposal site for bodies/body, again that's IIRC. IMO I do not think that relates to Karinas case at all.

I had heard that the park was a dumping ground for bodies back in the 1930's... the only unusual thing about that area is that a man who lived near KV was found hanging there. It happened in the summer before K. was killed. Ruled a suicide.
Otherwise it seems populated by homeless people, and substance abusers. Difficult to imagine someone from the latter two groups doing this and getting away with it. JMO, though.

I originally did but can't recall a lot of it but when the threads got super slow I forgotten some of it because I was looking st other cases cases. I had read some stuff about them at one point outside the forum as well. I don't think the mob or the satanic ritual she being there are related and don't know if I believe the drug users or homeless did but maybe a stalker who finally got his chance since I doubt someone would sit and wait there to rape and murder since mostly wouldn't go there. Makes me think the dude followed her or stalked

And yea this is someone who kNew how to not get caught makes me think it isn't his first and he isnt a druggie or homeless person but may have hoped people would assume so.

And yea this is someone who kNew how to not get caught makes me think it isn't his first and he isnt a druggie or homeless person but may have hoped people would assume so.

Agreed. I also don't think it's weird that KV's father warned her about the area. He's a retired fireman, he knows the sketchy areas of the city. It comes with the job.

JMO

wondering if this could be a stalker who once he sees his victim he has to have them and stakes them out etc until he makes a move

wondering cuz vanessa marcotte, everyone has mentioned the case similarities but nobody mentioned it due to her NYC ties, maybe he saw her in nyc too and stalked her coming home on some weekends cuz she went home every weekend to MA, and finally had her schedule down and made his move

If you read through VM's entire thread it has been talked about. Also they do have DNA from both crimes, they do not match one another. That was talked about months ago. They are similar crimes though and just days apart.

If you read through VM's entire thread it has been talked about. Also they do have DNA from both crimes, they do not match one another. That was talked about months ago. They are similar crimes though and just days apart.

Do you know what type of DNA doesn't match? Skin under finger nails? Sperm? etc... When a perp is intentionally leaving a crime scene to be examined, there may be planted DNA. Otherwise these girls would be missing persons.

Do you happen to have a link which states that the DNA does not match ? TIA

Do you know what type of DNA doesn't match? Skin under finger nails? Sperm? etc... When a perp is intentionally leaving a crime scene to be examined, there may be planted DNA. Otherwise these girls would be missing persons.

I believe the DNA in KV's case was found under her nails ? In VM's case the LE said they have DNA and they know it's a male. I do not believe they have said what sort of DNA was found on VM.

They never have ruled it out they only seem to be keeping it up in the air but nothing I've read said the DNA was tested but on the other thread someone also stated not finding any mention of ruling it out

I believe they took DNA from her nails, neck area and cell phone. I could be mistaken but I recall reading something that stated there was no semen. The DNA obtained was from her giving one hell of a fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They never have ruled it out they only seem to be keeping it up in the air but nothing I've read said the DNA was tested but on the other thread someone also stated not finding any mention of ruling it out

You are correct. It has all been assumptions on VM'S thread..I stand corrected...sorry!!!

Nancy Grace podcast with Karinas father 1/24/17-posted about on go fund me page

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/...g-her-body-his-personal-struggle-for-justice/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Every time I hear the story from the father it just breaks my heart. I can't imagine anyone losing their child like that and then finding them. He is a strong man. To have this kind of grief and still such a fighter. My stepmother lost her daughter and she didnt have the fight in her.... it was just all too much and it wasn't bringing her back. I really admire this mans strength. Praying for justice.

You are correct. It has all been assumptions on VM'S thread..I stand corrected...sorry!!!

I'm glad we cleared that up. I think it's important for both cases.

I'm wondering how LE normally reacts to early indications of a serial killer? I think it speaks volumes that LE stated the cases don't appear to be linked but never officially ruled it out.

Really wondering what the protocol is with LE in these situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious if KV's father gave a sample? I dont believe he was involved but you just never know sadly enough. Hard to believe the perp is not in a datavase. I hope the is caught soon.

This is horrible!!! She was stunning and that video of her running and just being alive right before it happened is terrifying and so sad. After seeing this case and some of the other more recent ones about young women going missing while shopping, etc it scares me to go out alone. There are some evil people out there. I hope this father gets justice.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member