NY NY - Kathryn Grace Zedick, 21, Buffalo, June 1, 1983

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances unknown. Date last seen is approximate. Subject last seen 1983-1985.

Buffalo Police seek help solving 36 year old cold, missing persons case

The Buffalo Police Department is looking for your help in solving a decades-old missing persons case.

Kathryn Knox Zedick, a mother of two disappeared when she was 21 years-old in 1983.

According to police, Zedick lived in South Buffalo her whole live. She was last seen around Easter in 1983 in the area of Seneca/Avondale Street. Police say there is no record of Zedick leaving the Buffalo area.

Buffalo Police seek help solving 36 year old cold case

https://www.bpdny.org/DocumentCenter/View/152/Missing-person-KNOX-111920192929

Community assistance is needed in locating Kathryn Knox Zedick. The loving mother of two disappeared without a trace when she was 21 years old. Kathryn was a lifelong South Buffalo community resident. Kathryn was last seen in the vicinity of Seneca/Avondale Street around Easter time in 1983. There is no record of Kathryn leaving the area.

Anyone with information on Kathryn Knox Zedick is encouraged to contact the Buffalo Police Department at 716-851-4511. Please leave a message and you will be contacted as soon as possible. You can remain confidential.

Kathryn Grace Zedick – The Charley Project

zedick_kathryn.jpg
zedick_kathryn2.jpg

• Missing Since 04/01/1983
  • Missing From Buffalo, New York
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'1 - 5'2, 120 - 140 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, brown eyes. Zedick's maiden name is Knox and some agencies call her Kathryn Knox Zedick.
Details of Disappearance
Zedick was last seen in in the area of Seneca/Avondale Street in Buffalo, New York sometime around Easter in 1983, although some agencies give the date of her disappearance as late as 1985. She had lived in the South Buffalo area her entire life. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

I have just posted in unidentified thread about Kathryn, so copying here too:
===
Buffalo Jane Doe face shape and features reminds me of 21 year old Kathryn Knox Zedick, missing in the same area since 1983. She does not have native features as it is described Jane Doe might have but as these were skeletal remains there might be margin for an error.

Kathryn has been added to namus just in 2019.
upload_2020-1-4_23-9-56-png.223717
upload_2020-1-4_23-10-40-png.223718

To add: I have just checked google maps and it is about 14 min where Kathryn was last seen from where Jane Doe remains were found.

Link to map - خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Link to Jane Doe thread - NY - NY - Buffalo, WhtFem Skeletal 565UFNY, 20-25, narrow nose, jogging suit, Mar'89

Not sure. She has two children and was only recently added to Namus, so my assumption is that there might have been DNA collected recently as well.

I agree. Also just a FYI, even when there is both DNA in NamUs for the MP and the UID DNA in the system doesn't mean an automatic rule out. There are several types of DNA (nuclear, mitochondrial, and Y-string) and they cannot be compared to each other, so if the missing person only has nDNA available while the decedent has mDNA a match won't be made.

I have just posted in unidentified thread about Kathryn, so copying here too:
===
Buffalo Jane Doe face shape and features reminds me of 21 year old Kathryn Knox Zedick, missing in the same area since 1983. She does not have native features as it is described Jane Doe might have but as these were skeletal remains there might be margin for an error.

Kathryn has been added to namus just in 2019.
upload_2020-1-4_23-9-56-png.223717
upload_2020-1-4_23-10-40-png.223718

To add: I have just checked google maps and it is about 14 min where Kathryn was last seen from where Jane Doe remains were found.

Link to map - خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Link to Jane Doe thread - NY - NY - Buffalo, WhtFem Skeletal 565UFNY, 20-25, narrow nose, jogging suit, Mar'89

I’ve thought the resemblance and location is pretty coincidental for quite some time. Did anybody dig deeper into if the DNA samples available for MP and UP are comparable?

Just read an article that the lady in the lake from Louisiana is being ruled out as Kathryn. The facial recon & Kathryn’s picture is eerily close & so does the identifying features.

Just read an article that the lady in the lake from Louisiana is being ruled out as Kathryn. The facial recon & Kathryn’s picture is eerily close & so does the identifying features.

Where did you find that article? The article linked in your post doesn't state she has been ruled out.

Anyone follow Shayna Landry? She started working on this case last summer--I'm getting antsy to hear if she's figured anything out. Just the lack of information on Kathryn Grace Knox Zedick and who her husband and kids (who would be old enough to have kids of their own, now) is a bit suspicious. You'd think the husband and perhaps the kids when they grew up would have been looking for answers.

Anyone follow Shayna Landry? She started working on this case last summer--I'm getting antsy to hear if she's figured anything out. Just the lack of information on Kathryn Grace Knox Zedick and who her husband and kids (who would be old enough to have kids of their own, now) is a bit suspicious. You'd think the husband and perhaps the kids when they grew up would have been looking for answers.
Her eldest daughter was disowned by the family/ex-husband for seeking answers now as an adult as to what happened to her mother. Husband states very boldly that her last name is JUST Knox NOT Zedick due to a divorce. He’s remarried & disowned his eldest for seeking answers.

Last edited:
Her eldest daughter was disowned by the family/ex-husband for seeking answers now as an adult as to what happened to her mother. Husband states very boldly that her last name is JUST Knox NOT Zedick due to a divorce. He’s remarried & disowned his eldest for seeking answers.
Wow. Curiouser and curiouser, isn't it. Do you have a link for this article, and any others you may have run across regarding the family situation?

Wow. Curiouser and curiouser, isn't it. Do you have a link for this article, and any others you may have run across regarding the family situation?
This is unsourced information.

Her ex-husband reached out to me after sharing Buffalo Police Departments post regarding Kathryn to our social media page. Told me his eldest “disowned them” & gave them up to seek answers about her Mother. Likely vise versa how it was worded, but I do know she has a daughter looking for her although I haven’t crossed her path yet myself personally.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back