NY NY - Leslie, 29, Julie, 6, & Timothy Guthrie, 3, drove away from home, Katonah, 6 Feb 1977

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any chance she could've taken the 128 to get to Armonk? I noticed something car sized in the Wampus Pond on google earth, admittedly it's only noticeable in 2014 so it could be nothing- and just look like something at that moment in time.
I was thinking 22 was likely reading this thread, but if she never made it to Armonk to pick up her mom then she shouldn't be past that point I would think..? that should narrow things down?

Last edited:
Just an update here. adventureswithpurpose.com has created a video based on their sonar investigation along potential routes that Leslie might have taken. Sadly, they did not find anything. However, this video is very well made and could possibly lead to more tips with the proper assistance. Right now, it is only available to Members Only, but as soon as it is publicly released, I will post the link here.

Last edited:
Any chance she could've taken the 128 to get to Armonk? I noticed something car sized in the Wampus Pond on google earth, admittedly it's only noticeable in 2014 so it could be nothing- and just look like something at that moment in time.
I was thinking 22 was likely reading this thread, but if she never made it to Armonk to pick up her mom then she shouldn't be past that point I would think..? that should narrow things down?

Can you post a screen shot of what you saw?

It says "members only content" for me.

Yeah, I see that now on their site. I hope eventually, it will become public. It is a nicely made video showing where they searched and giving details about the case through the years. Jared told me they are heading back to try additional sites this coming Fall.

I feel pretty confident that they are in water or that the car crashed into the woods and will be found someday, but there's still a nagging little voice in the back of my head that wonders if Robert Durst was in the area at the time.

I hear you, skigirl....but where do you hide/get rid of a 3000lb car?

Sorry....I guess I could have included the link.
I really liked the video and love their passion. I have to wonder about the presence or absence of foliage and its role in choosing places to search in the Kensico Reservoir, though. It was a long time ago and foliage that is there now may not have been there (or may have been a lot thinner) back then. From the snippets of footage of the reservoir from the road, it still looks pretty similar to the way I remember it, for what that's worth.

On a sort of related note, if memory serves, the areas with guard rail may have been those wood-and-cable types that they don't use anymore (presumably because they don't work very well).

One thing that sort of surprised me is all of the dinghys along the shore. I probably went down that road 10,000 times and I never knew that people stored boats there. I don't even remember seeing recreational boats on the reservoir at all, I sort of thought that recreational uses weren't allowed. But maybe that says more about my memory than about the rules regarding the reservoir.

Finally, they flashed footage of an intersection and said it was obviously different... I know that 120 was rerouted near the airport, but the intersection that they showed looked familiar and I'm not sure that it was, in fact, any different from the way it was in the 1980s (unless it was someplace other than the place I'm thinking of). Overhead maps would have helped me get my bearings a little better (but wouldn't necessarily have been of interest to anyone other than people who've lived nearby).

Last edited:
I really liked the video and love their passion. I have to wonder about the presence or absence of foliage and its role in choosing places to search in the Kensico Reservoir, though. It was a long time ago and foliage that is there now may not have been there (or may have been a lot thinner) back then. From the snippets of footage of the reservoir from the road, it still looks pretty similar to the way I remember it, for what that's worth.

On a sort of related note, if memory serves, the areas with guard rail may have been those wood-and-cable types that they don't use anymore (presumably because they don't work very well).

One thing that sort of surprised me is all of the dinghys along the shore. I probably went down that road 10,000 times and I never knew that people stored boats there. I don't even remember seeing recreational boats on the reservoir at all, I sort of thought that recreational uses weren't allowed. But maybe that says more about my memory than about the rules regarding the reservoir.

Finally, they flashed footage of an intersection and said it was obviously different... I know that 120 was rerouted near the airport, but the intersection that they showed looked familiar and I'm not sure that it was, in fact, any different from the way it was in the 1980s (unless it was someplace other than the place I'm thinking of). Overhead maps would have helped me get my bearings a little better (but wouldn't necessarily have been of interest to anyone other than people who've lived nearby).

Hey thank you for this input. Having never lives anywhere near Katonah, I cannot provide the level of detail that you can. Would you mind reaching out to Jared and striking up a conversation with him about the intel that you have?

Hey thank you for this input. Having never lives anywhere near Katonah, I cannot provide the level of detail that you can. Would you mind reaching out to Jared and striking up a conversation with him about the intel that you have?
Sure, I don't mean to be critical. I'm not sure he's going back, though...

I remember the boats, I think you could row out and fish but motor boats aren’t allowed. I recall driving by on the weekends and seeing a bunch of cars parked along the side of the road and people fishing.

These guys are so amazing, I too love their passion! Let’s get them a magnetometer! Adventures with purpose.com click on Make a Donation or Venmo @jaredleisek or CashApp $jaredleisek

I remember the boats, I think you could row out and fish but motor boats aren’t allowed. I recall driving by on the weekends and seeing a bunch of cars parked along the side of the road and people fishing.

These guys are so amazing, I too love their passion! Let’s get them a magnetometer! Adventures with purpose.com click on Make a Donation or Venmo @jaredleisek or CashApp $jaredleisek
Now that you say it, I think you're right -- the restriction was for motorboats. I don't remember cars parked there, but I don't remember cars NOT parked there :)

If you take a left from King Street (102) onto Route 22 to head towards IBM...almost immediately there is a small body of water on the right that is visible from the road. It was there in the late 70's and from what I remember there was no fence at the time. The rest of the water is not seen with the trees, then or now. I hope they get the magnetic equipment because I've always thought of Pleasantville Cove as it is so close to the road on the chance she came from Mt. Kisco.

To me, it doesn't make sense that she would go to White Plains and then come back to Armonk and IBM in a snowstorm. 684 would have been plowed before those backroads, at least at the time. There is a large swath of 684 that is right up against water by Jay Street. She would've had to go north to 35 to get get on 684 and come south, but 684 would be the most direct for IBM. But I don't recall if 35 to 684 was feasible then.

Yeah, I see that now on their site. I hope eventually, it will become public. It is a nicely made video showing where they searched and giving details about the case through the years. Jared told me they are heading back to try additional sites this coming Fall.

I was able to view it today as a non-member.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back