NY - Letterman: I faced extortion over sexual affairs

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Merrill Markoe's blog:
"Okay. Here it is. My big comment on Mr. Letterman.
October 2nd, 2009 by Merrill Markoe
It is this: As you can imagine this is a very emotional moment for me
because Dave promised me many times that I was the only woman he would ever
cheat on."

merrillmarkoe.com

Can you say hypocrite??? :razz:That's what I dislike most about it. It was a big deal to him when he had a stalker, and he had no problem using Sarah Palin's daughters as fodder for his jokes, but had this producer not exposed him, he would have quietly gone on his merry way cheating on his wife. I think he's a pig!:loser:
I'll take Jay Leno's show anyday over his. Jay is far funnier!

If I never hear the words "sex" or "affairs" in conjunction with David Letterman it will be a day too soon. :sick:All I can say is why would anyone want to have an affair with him unless its for the money. Those women were getting something so I doubt there will be any mention of "sexual harrassment".

As far as the extortionist... Sounds like he had a case of "wounded ego". The more personal or professional power an individual has, the bigger the ego.

Just my opinion!!!

Wasn't sure if I should post this in here or in the Kimball thread, so I think I will put it in both. This is like the 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon or something.

When a picture of Robert J. Halderman — the man charged with attempting to extort $2 million from late-night talk show host David Letterman — appeared in the newspaper last weekend, Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett did a double-take.

“I picked up the paper and said to my wife – ‘This is the guy,'” Garnett said.

The guy, he said, who came to his office in the Boulder County Justice Center in late July to ask about the investigation into serial murder suspect Scott Kimball, who is scheduled to enter a plea to two counts of second-degree murder in Boulder County District Court Thursday.

Garnett said Halderman, a producer with the CBS television crime series “48 Hours Mystery,” met with him, an FBI agent, and two of his deputies for 90 minutes as part of an effort to learn details about the investigation for a future program on the case.

http://ow.ly/th1t

An ex-"Late Show" staffer said Letterman kept a room insiders dubbed "the bunker" that was open only to his favorite young female underlings.
. . .

A longtime assistant said he had the ability to cast a spell on the ladies.
"I don't think women ever get over Dave," Laurie Diamond told London's Daily Telegraph.

I can't help it; I find this funny! David Letterman, of all people, casts a spell over women and had a secret love nest for trysts???!!!! Who would ever have guessed?

I can't help it; I find this funny! David Letterman, of all people, casts a spell over women and had a secret love nest for trysts???!!!! Who would ever have guessed?

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.......

It seems "Liar, pants on fire," may be appropriate.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/alleged-d...-enraged-girlfriend-comedian/story?id=8779568

Halderman in recent conversations apparently stated that his relationship with Birkitt nearly ended when he found a diary at the end of 2008 that indicated she was still going out with Letterman. In August he apparently saw them in a very passionate embrace.

I thought Letterman said his affairs were BEFORE he got married. Whatever... in 2008 he was still in a long-term relationship and had a child by that relationship.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/alleged-d...-enraged-girlfriend-comedian/story?id=8779568

Although authorities have said Halderman had attempted to extort Letterman for $2 million, saying they have tape recorded conversations to prove it, money was not a motivation for Halderman, Arnot said.

Even though his friend had alimony and child-support payments to make, putting him "always under financial pressure," Arnot said, there was nothing in recent months to indicate Halderman was having dire money problems.

Now, Arnot said, he's saddened that his friend, who he called "a great human being," is under attack.

"No one's standing up for Joe," Arnot said. "He's positioned as a bad guy.

Um, hello! CRIMINAL! Do you really expect someone to stand up for him?

While I agree that DL put himself at risk for this and is a jerk of a boyfriend/husband, that doesn't excuse CRIMINAL behavior.

I don't get this pity for Halderman. He didn't tell DL's wife. He didn't even tell the tabs. He threatened to ruin DL's life over money. I'm totally calling BS on what a great guy he is and how no one knows his side of the story. Wah wah wah.

GMAB!

Although authorities have said Halderman had attempted to extort Letterman for $2 million, saying they have tape recorded conversations to prove it, money was not a motivation for Halderman, Arnot said.

Even though his friend had alimony and child-support payments to make, putting him "always under financial pressure," Arnot said, there was nothing in recent months to indicate Halderman was having dire money problems.

Now, Arnot said, he's saddened that his friend, who he called "a great human being," is under attack.

"No one's standing up for Joe," Arnot said. "He's positioned as a bad guy.

Um, hello! CRIMINAL! Do you really expect someone to stand up for him?

While I agree that DL put himself at risk for this and is a jerk of a boyfriend/husband, that doesn't excuse CRIMINAL behavior.

I don't get this pity for Halderman. He didn't tell DL's wife. He didn't even tell the tabs. He threatened to ruin DL's life over money. I'm totally calling BS on what a great guy he is and how no one knows his side of the story. Wah wah wah.

GMAB!

He may have asked for money, but somehow I believe he had other motivations. He was living with Birkitt. She was his woman. It doesn't matter what he actually felt for Birkitt, or how he may have treated her himself. What mattered was that Letterman stepped on his toes by sneaking around with his woman. This is a version of a punch in the eye. Letterman was married and he was in the public eye. Threatening to publicize his affairs and asking for money was to make him suffer.

But he never thought that Letterman would actually go to LE and put it out in the public himself. Backfired on him big time, now he has criminal charges against him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back