NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
fire island isn't one place and shouldn't be categorized as if it was. It is comprised of many hamlets, some tiny, some large, some pretentious, most not, etc. you get the point.

examples: Watch Hill - national park with very few residents, most day trippers and some campers, definately not pretentious.

Davis Park - "the working class summer community"

Water Island - small private community with people from mainland LI and from the city, but people who would consider themselves not pretentious as they chose FI over hamptons.

Cherry Grove - wild/words can't describe, you just need to go there lol

Pines - the more pretentious of the 2 gay communities

seaview/ocean beach/saltaire - great fun, too many rules for my liking. "freeze! where do you think your going with that ice cream cone!"

I'm a davis park resident if you were wondering, but I have worked in almost all of the hamlets in one way or another. water taxi, catering, construction, grocery delivery, waste removal, etc. (when i was growing up anyway)

Another point of interest is that all of the remains on the barrier island, as well as those of Peaches, Manorville Man #2 (2003), Manorville Female #1 (2000), the unidentified burned female in Poughkeepsie, the undidentified headless body in Montauk were all discarded in either a state or county park.

I’m guessing that the SK thought he was discarding Jessica Taylors remains in Peconic River County Park as he did with Manorville Female #1 three years earlier, as there is no boundary or change in terrain between the two locations, but technically Taylor’s location is outside of the boundary of that park.

If you use google maps, select ‘map’ instead of ‘satellite’ and you will see that all green territory is parkland.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...464323262376358.0004a24253ae4f383c01d&t=h&z=9

Another point of interest is that all of the remains on the barrier island, as well as those of Peaches, Manorville Man #2 (2003), Manorville Female #1 (2000), the unidentified burned female in Poughkeepsie, the undidentified headless body in Montauk were all discarded in either a state or county park.

I’m guessing that the SK thought he was discarding Jessica Taylors remains in Peconic River County Park as he did with Manorville Female #1 three years earlier, as there is no boundary or change in terrain between the two locations, but technically Taylor’s location is outside of the boundary of that park.

If you use google maps, select ‘map’ instead of ‘satellite’ and you will see that all green territory is parkland.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...464323262376358.0004a24253ae4f383c01d&t=h&z=9

That is the first meaningful/logical/significant new observation written about this case all Summer!

I must go back and revise my map of potential future dump sites to reflect this.

Thank you thank you thankyou!

I found something new on LISK. A poster posted about a low budget movie called Erza...Fear of a Faceless God. About a serial killer cult on LI. At the end there are "supposed" names of unsolved murders in Nassau County. I've bee googleing for an hour and cannot find any info on the names and dates of the people mentioned in the movie. copy and paste the title in youtube and you will find the info. Then go to 1:18:03 and the info starts. Watch until the credits roll. Like I said, I can't find anything. So I think it could be just for dramatic effect..... Any help researching would be cool.

The first two seem to be a mix. Novelists and screen play writers do such things sometimes to create names:

Alice Walker was published in 1968 with "Once" The subject was aside of others also rape and little hints on murders. I guess, the first name Daima appears in some of her books, but admittedly, I don't have her in my hand library. More known, she is for the Color Purple of course, but she also wrote a biography about Langston Hughes.
Hughes-Telecom is in Babylon.
The case with a women held in a basement for three days happened in fact in 1995 in Valley Stream, google "Valley Stream rape basement" and you find the Daily News.

To me, they all look like a mix of bits and pieces, the way, writers sometimes build their additional characters. Admittedly, been there, done that.

I don't consider it a stretch to think that the AC murders might also be our guy. I am, however, having a REALLY hard time seeing Manorville as connected. AC and Gilgo have quite a bit in common, imo. Nothing to tie our guy to Manorville whatsoever, save for the fact that some of JT's remains ended up there. But then, other remains also ended up there, and I don't for one second see LISK killing a child or a man. If he did do that, something tells me it was out of neccesity, and I don't believe he'd dump those bodies in his trophy case. They wouldn't BE trophies. In my mind, doing that would muck up his work...know what I mean? It would be like having a collection of glass butterflies you added to and fussed over, and then suddenly deciding to stick a brass elephant someone gave you in the same case. I think that would really bug our guy. In fact, if he isn't responsible for the man and child remains, I bet it drives him nuts that they ended up there in his special place.

JMO

I believe they are all connected. I think thisnguy wants to stand out uet be obscure. Who is to say that he didn t kill the man and the baby just because he wanted to know what it was like to do so? It is possible... i dont think the surface has even been scratched in terms of the kind of sicko we are dealing with. LE has a clue but we would be shocked if they confirmed and detailed the condition of the first four found on gilgo beach.

Also, i dont think we should be stuck on the fact that MO s are different. Im sure lisk has researches and studyied others like him. There have been other sk who deliberately changed their mo like the green river killer. I will not put a lot of weight on the mo aspect at all.

Ridgway changed details of his MO but his basic signature was constant. Which is basically the point in all cases, I studied: They can hone details of the MO, experiment even with other torture and kill methods (for example the Hillside-Stranglers or also Dahmer) or even, if they have special reasons, deviate in one case to send a message (Alcala with the Barcomb murder), but they don't change the reason why they kill in the first place and that determines their attitude to their victims. A heterosexual sex-predator for example would kill a man only, if the man came in his way, crossed him or figured him out, means out of necessity. Not because he suddenly would feel sexual attracted to that man or would suddenly want to try the other shore.

Ridgway changed details of his MO but his basic signature was constant. Which is basically the point in all cases, I studied: They can hone details of the MO, experiment even with other torture and kill methods (for example the Hillside-Stranglers or also Dahmer) or even, if they have special reasons, deviate in one case to send a message (Alcala with the Barcomb murder), but they don't change the reason why they kill in the first place and that determines their attitude to their victims. A heterosexual sex-predator for example would kill a man only, if the man came in his way, crossed him or figured him out, means out of necessity. Not because he suddenly would feel sexual attracted to that man or would suddenly want to try the other shore.

Are you saying that the signature relates to the type of victims the killer seeks to murder? If so, the signatures are ritualistic crime scene behaviors that are done for psychosexual gratification. Many do so not only to achieve fame but to tease law enforcement. I just feel that LE isnt telling the public much aand mybe we shouldnt peg this fool with the rest of the other sk s he may have deliberately decided to kill outside of the box.

1.) The methods of searching and subduing a victim as the ways of selecting them are PARTS of the signature. There are other parts as well. The Flint-Stabber for example selected weak and sick victims, which is as selection part of his signature.

2.) Signatures are not solely crime scene behaviors but include also parts of the victimology which include crime scene independent factors. The Hillside Stranglers experimented with torture methods, which in itself includes the point of psychosexual gratification but not the reference to a crime scene.

3.) Signatures are not necessarily referring only to the psychosexual gratification of the killer, but to everything, that makes his combination of pure MO and everything else he does unique. Which can, and often, but not always, is ritualistic behavior. Dr. Harold Shipman had no sexual but financial motives. No psychosexual gratification at all, just money. But his signature of the ways to get access, to manipulate his victims to write him into their wills and the killing method nevertheless established not only MO (which wouldn't include the manipulation part) but also the signature. If you look up Herbert Mullin, you will find another sk with signature but without sexual motivation.

You are right, LE isn't tell us everything. Especially in this case, after they wasted first two weeks with denying, there is a sk at all, I think, they tell us only, what they can't prevent from leaking at all.
Still, sks went out of their ways to tease LE, fine, but why? Because at a closer look over many cases, it's a behavior for certain types of sks, not for all. Basically the same why some search media attention, others not. The reason is buried in their fantasy and therefore, part of their signature - one of many. A teaser wants attention. An sk committing a double in front of hundreds of victims (like Bundy one time), wants attention. He wants to aggrandize. It's part of his signature because it's part of his underlying fantasy, which again is based on his personal set of personality disorders. Compare Zodiac and Dahmer for example. Or Berdella and Berkowitz. Point here is, they can change MO. For example strangle instead of suffocate. But they can't suddenly change her whole attitude against their victims. And that would be necessary to put AC and LI in one case.

we have discussed this at length...but when you look at the actual video of the crime scene at AC...and the scene at Gilgo...there is a similarity, oddly...while you might think of the area as more urban...the bodies were found together in a group of four in a scrubby dune-ish spot off the walkway.

there's something teasie about it....

we entertained the idea that the killer had different circumstances killing there...maybe not having the luxury of privacy...maybe not enough time due to lighting in the area, etc.

in travelling that maybe he could only take one souvenir so he took the most important..the shoes.

he placed them in a line because he is fastidious.

whereas he has more privacy, time and room to store things over on Gilgo.

I found something new on LISK. A poster posted about a low budget movie called Erza...Fear of a Faceless God. About a serial killer cult on LI. At the end there are "supposed" names of unsolved murders in Nassau County. I've bee googleing for an hour and cannot find any info on the names and dates of the people mentioned in the movie. copy and paste the title in youtube and you will find the info. Then go to 1:18:03 and the info starts. Watch until the credits roll. Like I said, I can't find anything. So I think it could be just for dramatic effect..... Any help researching would be cool.

nugzter,

I just watched the section of the Erza...Fear of a Faceless God movie. I remember the Ivana Ramos murder (although her name may not be Ivana Ramos, but I am almost certain that she was Puerto Rican). She went out to a bar in the village of Babylon with some friends and I think she went outside either to walk home or just to go outside for a minute. The next morning she was found dead next to an elementary school on Park Avenue in Babylon. I think her body may have been found in the southernmost section of Belmont State Park. Which is kind of creepy because someone just mentioned that almost all of the other bodies were found in state or county parks. Now I have goosebumps. I am really freaked out. Thanks for posting.

Heather Britton bore a child in captivity!! The child was NEVER found! But Heathers torso was found in Hempstead in 1997. Unreal!! Now I really got goosebumps!

Heather Britton bore a child in captivity!! The child was NEVER found! But Heathers torso was found in Hempstead in 1997. Unreal!! Now I really got goosebumps!

Hey Goat,
So these people are real? I have been researching their names for 2 days and can find nothing on them. WOW!!!! Can you steer me in the right direction?

nugzter,

I just watched the section of the Erza...Fear of a Faceless God movie. I remember the Ivana Ramos murder (although her name may not be Ivana Ramos, but I am almost certain that she was Puerto Rican). She went out to a bar in the village of Babylon with some friends and I think she went outside either to walk home or just to go outside for a minute. The next morning she was found dead next to an elementary school on Park Avenue in Babylon. I think her body may have been found in the southernmost section of Belmont State Park. Which is kind of creepy because someone just mentioned that almost all of the other bodies were found in state or county parks. Now I have goosebumps. I am really freaked out. Thanks for posting.

I *think* her murder was unsolved. And this would have been in 90? 91? Wasn't she was found in one of the sports fields of the elementary school by a guy walking his dog? T. J.'s was the name of the bar, not like that'll help with any online searches.

@nugzter: At least, there should be or each and every of this cases a real case, different names, slightly different details. This is how writers and screen writers work when bringing together such creepy details. Thomas Harris stole from Ted Bundy and Ed Geins, this guy stole from the Daily News. Honestly, if it would be for writers and filmmakers any crime to steal from reality, none of us would be free anymore. I stole from half a dozen cases in the last novel and the one I'm working on.

@Minazoe: This theory ends up with he stages when he has no privacy? Or did I get that wrong? Because he had for sure at Gilgo Beach more privacy than behind a hotel in AC and not far from the next buildings. But he staged in AC, not at Gilgo Beach. If we go just by number 4 and the fact, that the place was too deserted for anybody to see the body drop, we would have to count also Daytona Beach or this guy in Albuquerque (20 is only five times 4). Of course, it's all a tease. But stranglers come in all colors, shapes and forms, it's even more common than shooting or beating people to death, at least for American sks (other nations, other tastes, I've found. But only in little details).

I *think* her murder was unsolved. And this would have been in 90? 91? Wasn't she was found in one of the sports fields of the elementary school by a guy walking his dog? T. J.'s was the name of the bar, not like that'll help with any online searches.

UNSOLVED MURDERS
Published: October 29, 2006 7:00 PM
By LAUREN TERRAZZANO. STAFF WRITER
She would be 37 now, perhaps fulfilling a dream of being an advertising or marketing executive in Manhattan. Instead, 14 years after Ivonne Rivera's body was discovered in a grassy Babylon field next to her childhood elementary school, police are still trying to determine who killed her.

The July night she vanished from TJ's, once a popular bar in the waterfront
village of Babylon, she had been drinking a light beer and talking to friends
she had known since elementary school. TJ's has long since shut its doors, and the clues about Rivera's 1992 murder have also faded even as Suffolk homicide detectives have tried to find new leads.

For Rivera's family, time has eroded their belief that the killer will be
caught. "I do have hope," said Rivera's sister, Aida Rivera, of North Babylon,
this week. But, she said, "the chances are very slim that they will find the
person who did this."

Police said they believe the 23-year-old statistics major left the bar
alone about 2:30 a.m. July 18, planning to walk home.

Rivera described her sister as shy, studious and a bit of a perfectionist.
With a high grade point average at Baruch College in Manhattan, her sister
would drop a course if she wasn't doing well, picking it up the following
semester to devote more time to it. She said her sister had gone out that night looking for her friends and that she stopped at several places before ending up at TJ's. There, a childhood friend spotted her in the bar briefly.
Three hours later, her battered, naked body was discovered by a man walking
his dog in a grassy area near the Babylon grade school. The cause of death was listed as blunt force trauma. Police never recovered her clothes, and declined then, and now, to say whether she had been sexually assaulted.
"There was a lot of effort put into the case and it didn't yield any
suspects. We're hoping someone with that one piece of information can give us a call," said Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, now commanding officer of the Suffolk Police Homicide Squad.

After her death, Baruch College in Manhattan granted Rivera a bachelor's
degree posthumously, her sister said.

Her parents have since sold their home in Babylon and moved to North
Carolina. Aida Rivera said her sister's death is still too upsetting for them
to discuss. "My parents at this point hope that God is going to sort it out,"
she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online