NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Chanler and Snapdragon,
Not tryin' to attack - but I wanted to highlight the question that really bugs me: Like you said - if she didn't "trust" police, why did she call 911?

Sorry if I'm repeating, but I read an article for the first time today where JB, Pak and Diaz spoke. It's chilling that JB says Shannan asked him a "transvestite" question and that's when he told her to leave. I'm going to try to post the link to the interview...http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/jersey_city_prostitute_still_m.html

there is a lot of stuff in this article...wow

image.JPG

Why so many evidence markers?

Were her remains scattered or were there foot prints?

Also, look at the hardwood trees. This is not a section that floods more than an inch during heavy rainfall otherwise those trees would not be able to grow.

Also, that tree to the left was clearly cut with a saw. Assuming that they cut it to get a better view of the scene, this suggests that her remains were under that tree.

Different parts of the body probably correlate to different colors.. id guess red is the skull as only 1 is there, pink- lower body, yellow -upper... just a guess, i have no clue tho..

If she had been there from the beginning, animals would have been active and scattered them or maybe water levels moved them around, just a guess tho

This is why:

I´m asking because the son (he is in his mid 60s) was a significant witness and direct neighbor to the horrific satanic murder of high profile atty Dan Horowitz’s wife Pamela Vitale, back in October 2005 in Lafayette, California.
Though he was never a suspect, but as I said a very significant witenss, his “alibi” was that he visited his mother at Oak Beach. He also has a son ( 40 years old)
just wanted to know if Flukeyou had anything interesting to say about that household due to that the SG items where found close to their address.
He was also at a party at the house where the young boy, who was convicted for the murder, lived.

Hi Foreigner,
sorry, I'm trying to catch up with all the postings but what you say here caught my attention: I always thought Horowitz did it himself! What do you mean "he was a significant witness"? It was a satanic murder? I usually read my local news (I'm local to Lafayette)...and that's the first I've heard of this ...could you please tell more? Tx!

seems like they removed her really fast...did they work all thru the night?

Hi Foreigner,
sorry, I'm trying to catch up with all the postings but what you say here caught my attention: I always thought Horowitz did it himself! What do you mean "he was a significant witness"? It was a satanic murder? I usually read my local news (I'm local to Lafayette)...and that's the first I've heard of this ...could you please tell more? Tx!

yes...help me out here...what is this about???? I am familiar with the Horowitz murder...now what is this connection? tell me !

image.JPG

Why so many evidence markers?

Were her remains scattered or were there foot prints?

Also, look at the hardwood trees. This is not a section that floods more than an inch during heavy rainfall otherwise those trees would not be able to grow.

Also, that tree to the left was clearly cut with a saw. Assuming that they cut it to get a better view of the scene, this suggests that her remains were under that tree.

I am thinking one color of flag is for bones & the other color for other items/evidence. From that angle, those hardwood trees look like they are up on considerably higher ground. That 'tree' that is cut looks more like a bush to me - can't tell without a wider view of the picture.

Sorry for jumping in the middle here, but have you guys discussed whether the SK contacted LE and that is what led to the discovery of SG's belongings and probably her remains? I have been swamped with RL issues, but tried to catch up over Thanksgiving. It was interesting to me that it was during the Thanksgiving break LE announced that they thought the bodies they had found were linked to a single serial killer. Why would they suddenly say this after having made statements that two, or possibly even three SK's were involved? And then, on 12/1/2011, it was announced that the search for SG would be reopened "based on new information received yesterday" (i.e. Wednesday, 11/30/2011). So.... LE got information that SG was probably dead, and a clue to where her remains could be found. Here we are 2 weeks latter, with her purse, jeans, lipstick (???!!!!), and possible remains. Sure sounds like the SK is tired of their incompetence and has decided to contact them and brag - or taunt.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/0...resume-search-for-missing-prostitute-shannan/

"[FONT=&quot]A police spokesman said investigators will reopen their search for 24-year-old Shannan Gilbert based on new information received Wednesday. He did not indicate when the search would begin.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] A Suffolk County police spokeswoman told Newsday that the department's detective division received new information indicating the "possibility" that Gilbert may be dead. The tip also indicated that her remains may be dumped along the highway, according to the newspaper."[/FONT]

This post reminded me of the statment in one news link that they thought the other victims had been stored somewhere before being put out on the parkway.

Almost like the killer is toying with them the way the tip is worded."Maybe dead and May be dumped on the highway. The SK or anyone else would not know her remains were dumped on the highway. Seems random to get a call and then find a person who drowned in the same spot someone said her body was dumped.

I do not believe she drown ,I think LE is hoping she did to lessen the risk of a civil suit agaist them ,thats why they had the ready made theory (and it has been flying arround for months) yet it takes a tip to find the drowning victim that was dumped off the highway.:waitasec:

Anyone think it possible the tip came from Fluke..
He's been going nuts posting about shannan being there..
Maybe LE, finaly gave in and searched where he mentioned..

Hello, new here. Seems like a great forum. I have some questions in the hope of better understanding the events of 5\1\2010. Sorry if they have been previously addressed. I have read a report claiming that JB denies the fact that he contacted SG thru Craigslist. Is it known if the original contact was in fact made via craigslist, or a social media site as JB is reported to claim? Also, is it known if SG was paid by JB or not, and if she was, in what amount and has the money been recovered? Thanks in advance.

Hello, new here. Seems like a great forum. I have some questions in the hope of better understanding the events of 5\1\2010. Sorry if they have been previously addressed. I have read a report claiming that JB denies the fact that he contacted SG thru Craigslist. Is it known if the original contact was in fact made via craigslist, or a social media site as JB is reported to claim? Also, is it known if SG was paid by JB or not, and if she was, in what amount and has the money been recovered? Thanks in advance.

I don't know the answer to this question , but we have had a lot of discussion about wether she was paid and if they actually had sex.

she was there for a very long time...my big concern is the money, I want to know where her money is and if they found it with her purse.

also MP claims to not know if there were other clients at the house that night.

Anyone think it possible the tip came from Fluke..
He's been going nuts posting about shannan being there..
Maybe LE, finaly gave in and searched where he mentioned..

Can anyone summarize for us what Fluke's main theory has been? I believe some of it related to bodies possibly being held in drainage ditches in the marsh area, but i don't know how/why his theories have been of such interest (as in validity).

IOW, what has Fluke said that justifies him being privy to his very specific information/knowledge? (i.e. friend of victim, family, community)

...also MP claims to not know if there were other clients at the house that night.
<rsbm>

Does anyone else recall GC saying at one time that MP had said " ... one of the young girls at the party got upset ....", as opposed to "... had a party at Brewers and the young girl got upset". I've only seen it once or twice and it was many months ago, and can't find it now. I remember it being a bombshell in my brain the first time i heard it.

ETA: google hits re the above:

http://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy-a....,cf.osb&fp=d02101fd0ea8caf4&biw=1097&bih=542

Can anyone summarize for us what Fluke's main theory has been? I believe some of it related to bodies possibly being held in drainage ditches in the marsh area, but i don't know how/why his theories have been of such interest (as in validity).

IOW, what has Fluke said that justifies him being privy to his very specific information/knowledge? (i.e. friend of victim, family, community)

Yeah what is his story? He obviously is trying to convince everyone that there is some sort of organized group of conspirators within the community (with CPH and GC being in the center of it all).

Welcome to Websleuths, Wengr.

To the best of my memory, Brewer has always denied hooking up with SG through CL. According to him, it was a "social networking site". I suppose both could be true...many girls post ads on numerous sites. SG was never paid...JB refused payment because he was suspicious that SG was a man and so never engaged in "activities" with her (according to him). How true all that is is anyone's guess.

Hope that helps.

wengr, Welcome to WS!

This is not much help because I do not have links handy but I recall reading that Shannan also advertised on backpage.com.

There was also a piece I read that stated that JB contacted MP to arrange for Shannan to come to OB.

Sorry i have no links. Perhaps someone will jump in here if they have links handy.

wm

Wow, thank you so much for posting that.

Clearly I am watching the wrong news channel! (Yesterday I thought if I heard Josh Eineger say one more time that the case was closed I was going to have a brain aneurysm!)

I think I was stressing because my fear was that LE were not going to investigate this properly. It's not unreasonable to have that fear because honestly they didn't take Shannan's disappearance too seriously at first and I think they were remiss in a lot of ways, and I truly feel it had a lot to do with her profession and circumstances. And it's not the first time that has happened in this world, when prostitutes go missing or are murdered. Perhaps that is to some extent my own personal bias, but I think there's a lot of truth to it.

Why should I stress about it? Partly because I honestly do feel for the victims and their families and want justice for them. Partly because I want the SK to be caught. Partly because I don't want any more victims. And partly because I live in this area, and don't want a serial killer running around. If there is any chance, ANY chance whatsoever, that Shannan's case is connected to the other murders, I want it fully investigated. I think that is completely reasonable. If it truly turns out it isn't, so be it, but as a woman, a human being and an inhabitant of this area, I want that to be definitively determined. It's not because I am a wannabe Agatha Christie or conspiracy theorist.

I do realize that they have their own way of doing things and a lot of people have suggested that they are throwing out a red herring. But when you have news reports acting like it's a done deal, it's upsetting. I think all I needed was to hear one damn report suggesting otherwise. I think if it's true LE are being crafty and doing things for a reason, that's fine, but they need to temper that just a little with assuring the public that they are still looking at everything thoroughly, especially considering how they handled it before. And no offence to him but IMO, Richard Dormer's demeanor and delivery just don't inspire confidence. (The other guy - sorry, forget his name, too lazy to look for it - was much better.)

I thought Robin Sax was very eloquent (from the website she came across as a bit of a zealot to me, but I don't think that now) and obviously there are excellent people on watch, so I think that knowledge will help me chill out a bit now. That's all I needed to hear! Thanks ItalinBella27, I may actually get some work done now!!!!

Your welcome! I agree, as I live in the area as well. What's more disconcerting to me is I am a summer resident, soon to be year round resident of W Gilgo Beach....down Ocean Parkway a bit.
I have to tell you, I was very uncomfortable there this summer, though the year rounders are not overly concerned about the whole thing. They feel it is unfortunate, but I am really bothered by it. Until this animal is captured and behind bars, I won't be comfortable there again.

There's a few things that are bothering me about this not just the obvious.

When 911 was called, why did she say "they" are trying to kill me. Who's "they" the driver and the john? No one questioned that?

Pax's answer about passing the lie detector test "with flying colors" leaves suspicion that he feels he outsmarted LE, who answers that in that way, it's like when you do something bad and get away with it and are proud you did.

The 911 call was 23 minutes long and all she said was "they are trying to kill me?"

The neighbour said that there was a dark silver SUV stopping and going and he said it was an asian man, obviously Pax, where did he follow her to?

The john said he didn't have sex with her because he thought she was a man so he kicked her out and she got scared and ran, that was after 3 hours????

I think the police need to take another look at these two, they may not have killed her but my hunch tells me they know who did. Logically, no one runs out of a house claming people are trying to kill them, scared out of their mind for no reason.

Also, Paxs' story about her calling him to go get stuff from the CVS was confirm by the john, she also told Pax she would find her own way home when he refused to leave because he didnt know the area. She trusted this customer, why???

Most importantly IMO, she ran from her driver who is paid to keep an eye on her, she DID NOT TRUST him. If she thought her life was in danger why not get in his car and tell him to drive away Fast!!! She was running from him not to him.......alot of this does not make sense, I think this Pax knows more than he's saying.

Yes, it does. The Image when zoomed as far as you can go says "google 2010." No month though...I can't get Image Info beyond that...maybe someone else knows more about google image data.

I have thought for a long time that this SK has a reason to be on the OP and that no one would think twice as to why he/she is there. Hwy maintenance crew, road crews, animal management, LE ????

LINE PAINTER?

Hi Just K,

Ok...I am with you on that one...Manorville - who would know those woods and Hempstead...Bodies always dumped just off the road - NO, not a road but an expressway, or highway? Parkway? Who would ALWAYS use those types of roads? I'm kinda thinkin' a wildlife ranger would have a truck, could explain why he was on the side of the road, blood in the truck, etc. But I'm pretty sure these guys work 9-5. Have families. go home at night. This creep is active at night and early am. He must keep the same hours as the girls. We know he was in Massapequa (call made from MB's cell) and Manhattan, Port Authority. I think what will catch him is his penchant for taunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay